Military retirees face cuts

Thanks for the grade school response. Isn't there a kid you could push off the swing somewhere?

Hey, better yet...I'll use that for every neocon that thumps his chest for more wars...send YOUR kid first.

My kid's a Naval Academy grad - dipshit. He's currently serving aboard ship. 2nd division officer. Very proud of him and he's happy to be serving his country.

Have you stroked your check yet, asswipe?

You should really slow down and read the posts you are responding to...or is your English to Stupid translator broken? I never said a thing about YOUR kid, maroon (unless you ARE owning to being a neocon thumping his chest for more wars).

What check is it I'm supposed to be stroking?

Why is it that most of your posts remind me of this?

WatermelonCat.jpg

Go back a couple of posts to see what check I am referring to, dumbfuck.

Your retardation/trouble keeping up is your fucking handicap, not mine.

In truth, I don't care if that hurt or not. I know when pensions are cut, and they will be, that will hurt you enough. I don't like it. I don't like this mess, but crying about how it isn't fair is just too 5yr old for my tastes.

Grow up, do the math, and face it like a man

As any of my posts would indicate, I am pro military, I have served proudly in the USN on the Saratoga.

This topic troubles me.

The nation that these men of honor faught for is now in the midst of a finacial crisis. It's not a political crisis. Not one made by one party or another, but a REAL financial crisis that can either see the nation that they so love fall into the abyss or crawl it's way out of.

We all have access to the numbers, we all have calculators. Every vet out there can see the writting on the wall. Big, and I mean BIG spending cuts are the horizon. There is no possible way to avoid these cuts.

The military will be a part of these cuts ... Maybe the army can squeek by by cancelling it's next generation personel carrier, maybe the Navy (notice how I capitalized Navy :) ) can get by by scrapping plans for a few new carriers .... And maybe the cuts will have to be deeper still

I don't want to see vets benifits cut. I damn sure would cut all other pensions first. But the truth is, the cuts are going to have to be BIG.

I know the teachers and unions are going cry like little babies when this reality hits them, it's expected. But the military? Much of this thread makes me sick

Vets have shown the willingness on the feild of battle to do what needs to be done for the good of the nation that they love with only the slightest delay to shore up their resolve to do what must be done.

Do not degrade the service you so proudly display on this thread by degenerating into whiney little brats like the pro teacher and pro union posters are. We are better then that. We serve our country and if the country, in this time on need asked us Vets to give a little more to insure it's continued exsistance as the nation we love. Then we, as vets, will give again

Military retirees have already given up part of the things they were promised. I for one have said repeatedly on this forum that I would gladly give up 10% of my retirement, if every other government paycheck was cut 10%. From the president on down.

In truth, I don't care if that hurt or not. I know when pensions are cut, and they will be, that will hurt you enough. I don't like it. I don't like this mess, but crying about how it isn't fair is just too 5yr old for my tastes.

Grow up, do the math, and face it like a man

Yes, pensions being cut hurts. Benefits being cut hurts. Furlough days hurt. Why is it the poor and middle class who have to suffer all these "hurts" while millionaires and billionaires aren't hurting AT ALL?

Why are we cutting anyone's promised pensions and benefits while still giving away billions in corporate subsidies and and tax loopholes?

The GOP wants to cut the military benefits, I don't. I don't want to cut ANYONE'S promised benefits. Not the military and not public servants like teachers, firefighters and police, nobody's.

Gosh, maybe ya'lls hypocrisy DOES hurt. The irony is that you are hurting yourselves.

My kid's a Naval Academy grad - dipshit. He's currently serving aboard ship. 2nd division officer. Very proud of him and he's happy to be serving his country.

Have you stroked your check yet, asswipe?

You should really slow down and read the posts you are responding to...or is your English to Stupid translator broken? I never said a thing about YOUR kid, maroon (unless you ARE owning to being a neocon thumping his chest for more wars).

WatermelonCat.jpg

Your idiotic "why don't you just write a check" nonsense?

You didn't take advantage of the GI bill did you?

WatermelonCat.jpg

Your idiotic "why don't you just write a check" nonsense?

You didn't take advantage of the GI bill did you?

Of course I did. All through college and grad school. Was great getting all the free tuition that I earned. Speaking of money, you mentioned a few posts back, since you're too fucking dumb to find it, a desire to pay more.

Well, have you? Have you stroked a check to the U.S. Treasury to help bring down the national debt?

Remember the whole "lead by example" thing?

How much was the check for?

Seawytch ... I hesitate to break this to you because obviously it's going to be shocking news to you, I mourn the loss of your political cherry ... Here goes, your you sitting down?

Politicians make promises that they don't have any intention of keeping

I know it's shocking, do you need someone to call 911? Are you ok?

Say "a promise is a promise" to a politician and even he (or she) would be hard pressed to hide the smile. The lie for a living, maybe you haven't been paying attention to the current talk on social security and why that promise is falling through, or maybe you haven't paid attent to just about every political speech made during your lifetime. Maybe you don't remember the speeches of the current presedent or of any before him in your lifetime.

I promise is nothing in Washington

I don't like that fact, but it is an indiaputable fact.

Life is not fair, you don't get a prize for for finishing 9th out of 10 competitors in real life, you get fired.

I'm sorry that you had to learn these simple truthes here instead of on your mommas knee, but ... Well ... Better late then never

Seawytch ... I hesitate to break this to you because obviously it's going to be shocking news to you, I mourn the loss of your political cherry ... Here goes, your you sitting down?

Say "a promise is a promise" to a politician and even he (or she) would be hard pressed to hide the smile. The lie for a living, maybe you haven't been paying attention to the current talk on social security and why that promise is falling through, or maybe you haven't paid attent to just about every political speech made during your lifetime. Maybe you don't remember the speeches of the current presedent or of any before him in your lifetime.

Life is not fair, you don't get a prize for for finishing 9th out of 10 competitors in real life, you get fired.

I'm sorry that you had to learn these simple truthes here instead of on your mommas knee, but ... Well ... Better late then never

21 pages of speculation. :lol:

sounds like a Kevin Bacon game.

Of course I did. All through college and grad school. Was great getting all the free tuition that I earned. Speaking of money, you mentioned a few posts back, since you're too fucking dumb to find it, a desire to pay more.

Well, have you? Have you stroked a check to the U.S. Treasury to help bring down the national debt?

I'm guessing it wasn't English or Economy classes you were taking. Phys ed was it?

I'm also going to take a stab and guess that you are a "debt reduction" tea baggie type, right? When are you sending your check in for debt reduction? You probably were a HUGE supporter of the Iraq invasion too, right? Did you send a check to pay for that unfunded invasion you likely touted?

Why are you willing to cut OTHER people's benefits, but scream like a little girl who got her pigtails pulled when military benefits are mentioned?

You don't have to answer...I know it's because you are a flaming hypocrite.

I'm guessing it wasn't English or Economy classes you were taking. Phys ed was it?

I'm also going to take a stab and guess that you are a "debt reduction" tea baggie type, right? When are you sending your check in for debt reduction? You probably were a HUGE supporter of the Iraq invasion too, right? Did you send a check to pay for that unfunded invasion you likely touted?

Why are you willing to cut OTHER people's benefits, but scream like a little girl who got her pigtails pulled when military benefits are mentioned?

I do have an answer - military retirements will NEVER be cut, no matter who proposes it. It'll never fucking fly - so get over it, asswipe. I believe I've said this (they'll never be cut) at least three-four times in this thread. Perhaps for people of your ilk I should write in Arabic so you can comprehend.

What are you even talking about? Promised benefits? Those weren't promised by politicians...those were in contracts.

I do have an answer - military retirements will NEVER be cut, no matter who proposes it. It'll never fucking fly - so get over it, asswipe. I believe I've said this (they'll never be cut) at least three-four times in this thread. Perhaps for people of your ilk I should write in Arabic so you can comprehend.

They won't be if Democrats have anything to say about it, but the GOP wants to try anyway.

I was not aware that there was any speculation in my post. I was obvious to me the seawytch had not had her political cheery popped and it seemed that I was going to have to be the one to do it

They won't be if Democrats have anything to say about it, but the GOP wants to try anyway.

Let whomever is trying try it.
For the fifth time - it'll be the final nail in whomever's coffin.

Idiot.

After 21 pages I must ask. Did you read the article? Did you miss the part that stated. THERE MIGHT BE CUTS? That if and when it would come from the commission?

What are you even talking about? Promised benefits? Those weren't promised by politicians...those were in contracts.

Sweetie, I know it's tough, I know it's not fair. Stop crying and listen

The contract ... It's worth nothing. It only has value if the entity that issued it exists and has the means to pay. If the government goes broke because of the spending, they aren't going to cut you a check or if they do, it won't be worth the ink it took to print it because the currency won't be worth anything.

If the teachers union goes under, do you think that the union leaders will be printing checks to you because they promises? If the union goes under, what will that check be worth?

Now as to politicians and promises. Who signed your contract? An elected union official? Should draw the parallel for you or do you think you can grasp it?

Sweetie, I know it's tough, I know it's not fair. Stop crying and listen

The contract ... It's worth nothing. It only has value if the entity that issued it exists and has the means to pay. If the government goes broke because of the spending, they aren't going to cut you a check or if they do, it won't be worth the ink it took to print it because the currency won't be worth anything.

If the teachers union goes under, do you think that the union leaders will be printing checks to you because they promises? If the union goes under, what will that check be worth?

Now as to politicians and promises. Who signed your contract? An elected union official? Should draw the parallel for you or do you think you can grasp it?

How is that not a parallel to military benefits? Why are public employees promised benefits "on the table", but military benefits are sacrosanct? Why can't anyone answer that question?

I will say, one more time, nobody's promised benefits should be cut before there are a whole hell of a lot more cuts and closing of tax loopholes FIRST.

Don't cut benefits in order to cut taxes on the wealthy (Republican governors) or to continue to give them subsidies (Congress).

I will also mention, again, that it is the GOP that are proposing these cuts to veteran and retiree benefits. At least they are consistent.

Conservatives keep claiming that the Federal Government is "broke". Why shouldn't cuts to these military benefits be "on the table" like public sector employees benefits?

Forum List

Back