Military assistance to the Border. Rules summary of the Military

Defending the nation against foreign invasion is explicitly a duty and purpose of our military,

The Posse Comitatus act is irrelevant, here.

It doesn't apply for the Military to supply the labor to build the wall. But it does apply where the Military is used for Police action against Civilians no matter what their nationality is as long as it's on US Soil.

Foreign “civilians” participating in an illegal invasion of our country, are indeed a legitimate military matter. No rational understanding of the Posse Comitatus act prohibits the use of the military to act in any capacity against such invaders. This is what the military is for.

Trump believes that he can declare a state of National Emergency and those funds can be taken from the DOD budget and spent on a Civilian wall.

National defense is not a civilian matter. This fall very squarely in the powers and duties assigned to the military, to defend our nation against foreign attack and invasion.

Yes, on foreign Soil. But on US Soil, it falls more on the various States who can request Federal Assistance. This is why the National Guard exists, or one of the reasons. It carries a dual role. When used under the Governors, it's outside the Posse Comititis rules completely. Now if the Mexican Government were to attack that would be a completely different scenario. You can call a cow a cow but when you call it a herd of cow that sounds a bit ridiculous. It takes more than a few cows to make a stampeded. And unless those people have guns and are pouring over the border with violence and mayhem forefront on their minds actually doing a military invasion, it's a police action and falls securely on the Governors shoulders.

Defending the nation against foreign invasion is explicitly a duty and purpose of our military,

It doesn't apply for the Military to supply the labor to build the wall. But it does apply where the Military is used for Police action against Civilians no matter what their nationality is as long as it's on US Soil.

Foreign “civilians” participating in an illegal invasion of our country, are indeed a legitimate military matter. No rational understanding of the Posse Comitatus act prohibits the use of the military to act in any capacity against such invaders. This is what the military is for.

I spent 20 years in the Military. If that order were given to a Professional Federal Military Member to fire on Civilians like that, by and large, by regulation, they are required to do nothing. They would pull back outside of the danger zone and let the legal participants do their jobs. Are you aware of what an Illegal Order is to the UCMJ which is the Military's Constitution?

National defense is not a civilian matter. This fall very squarely in the powers and duties assigned to the military, to defend our nation against foreign attack and invasion.

Yes, on foreign Soil. But on US Soil, it falls more on the various States who can request Federal Assistance.

Solid digestive waste from a male bovine.

Foreign invaders approaching our border remain the same foreign invaders after they breach our border. It is very solidly within the purpose of the military, ideally to stop these invaders from crossing our border, but if they do cross, to expel or exterminate them.

I spent 20 years in the Military. If that order were given to a Professional Federal Military Member to fire on Civilians like that, by and large, by regulation, they are required to do nothing. They would pull back outside of the danger zone and let the legal participants do their jobs. Are you aware of what an Illegal Order is to the UCMJ which is the Military's Constitution?

Foreign invaders are not civilians. As a member of our military, it would be your duty, if necessary, to fire on any such invaders, if that's what it takes to defend the country from them. To “pull back outside of the danger zone” would be an act of cowardice and desertion.

Foreign invaders are not civilians. As a member of our military, it would be your duty, if necessary, to fire on any such invaders, if that's what it takes to defend the country from them. To “pull back outside of the danger zone” would be an act of cowardice and desertion.

A Civilian is a Civilian no matter what the Nationality is. You used the term "if necessary". I spent some time on the inside of a fence at a Missile Silo with a baton. Civilian Protesters were trying to climb the fence to gain entry. We didn't fire on them. That would have been illegal since other means were available. But there were some real sore and broken fingers and knuckles. And yes, I was a Federal Military Member. We were temporary there to prevent that entry. Meanwhile, for the more rowdy parts of that crowd, the various Alphabets and local police were doing a roundup. But until they to halfway over that fence, us Fed Troops could only smack knuckles. We had no authority outside that fence. And anyone that would have tried to order us to open fire through the fence would have been first ignored and the court martialed.

Just how much blood must be spent to satisfy your blood lust.

If this were the case then the military assistance from the Caravan was illegal. They assisted in strengthening the wall by adding Razor Wire. They also assisted by setting up Tents and temporary housing for illegals caught.

They have already done these things. No legal authority has stopped it. I don't think the Supreme Court will rule against them strengthening the border by helping it get built. The area of Concern is the appropriations used from the military budget to do so.........

A Civilian is a Civilian no matter what the Nationality is. You used the term "if necessary". I spent some time on the inside of a fence at a Missile Silo with a baton. Civilian Protesters were trying to climb the fence to gain entry. We didn't fire on them. That would have been illegal since other means were available. But there were some real sore and broken fingers and knuckles. And yes, I was a Federal Military Member. We were temporary there to prevent that entry. Meanwhile, for the more rowdy parts of that crowd, the various Alphabets and local police were doing a roundup. But until they to halfway over that fence, us Fed Troops could only smack knuckles. We had no authority outside that fence. And anyone that would have tried to order us to open fire through the fence would have been first ignored and the court martialed.

In the articles I mentioned. It allows the military to protect Federal Facilities. It also allows the protection of gov't members. And citizens. Guarding a key military facility is part of that LEGAL RIGHT. Even if you have to fire on Civilians to protect that facility. Your argument falls under as much force as necessary..........should greater force be needed to protect a Nuclear missile, you would have fired the weapons.

I was in the military 10 years...........building the wall isn't an unlawful order. Now the assistance to LEA'S........in apprehension is a different matter........those laws are not clear....and a National Guard issue.

Protecting Federal Structures like POE's and Walls being attacked........well that is legal.

If this were the case then the military assistance from the Caravan was illegal. They assisted in strengthening the wall by adding Razor Wire. They also assisted by setting up Tents and temporary housing for illegals caught.

They have already done these things. No legal authority has stopped it. I don't think the Supreme Court will rule against them strengthening the border by helping it get built. The area of Concern is the appropriations used from the military budget to do so.........

Putting up the wire is supporting, not policing. You are trying to justify murder by the US Military. Everything they did was support. Not one bit of policing. Yes, the only question is, where does the funds come from to purchase the materials to build the wall. You are asking the right questions but making the wrong statements. What you are getting caught up in is the Orange Diety trying to keep constant panic going on and he's being pretty successful with people like you. People like me can't be panicked since we will follow the law and demand that He does as well. Trump is NOT above the law.

Putting up the wire is supporting, not policing. You are trying to justify murder by the US Military. Everything they did was support. Not one bit of policing. Yes, the only question is, where does the funds come from to purchase the materials to build the wall. You are asking the right questions but making the wrong statements. What you are getting caught up in is the Orange Diety trying to keep constant panic going on and he's being pretty successful with people like you. People like me can't be panicked since we will follow the law and demand that He does as well. Trump is NOT above the law.
Baloney...............Building the Wall isn't MURDER...........are they going to fire at the concrete while building the wall............Reinforcing the wall ..........building it..........are basically the same dang thing. Why wasn't that challenged........

I'll tell you why it isn't challenged..........because it could go to the Supreme Court and if they lose they are fucked.

In regards to a Nuclear Missile Silo...........if you have to fire to protect a WMD....that would NOT BE AN UNLAWFUL ORDER.

In the articles I mentioned. It allows the military to protect Federal Facilities. It also allows the protection of gov't members. And citizens. Guarding a key military facility is part of that LEGAL RIGHT. Even if you have to fire on Civilians to protect that facility. Your argument falls under as much force as necessary..........should greater force be needed to protect a Nuclear missile, you would have fired the weapons.

I was in the military 10 years...........building the wall isn't an unlawful order. Now the assistance to LEA'S........in apprehension is a different matter........those laws are not clear....and a National Guard issue.

Protecting Federal Structures like POE's and Walls being attacked........well that is legal.

It's pretty cut and dried. The Fed Military can and do fire on anyone that enters a secure Military Facility that will not surrender. Notice the sign when you entered. They mean it. But the Border isn't a Federal Security Facility or Range. They don't have that authority. It's pretty well written out and clear.

As for the National Guards, when they are under the Authority of the Governor, they are not Federal Military Troops and the Federal Laws don't apply to them. The State laws do. That means that they can operate as a police force if called upon. And this is very cut and dried. You keep trying to muddy things up when it's clear as a bell.

What you are getting caught up in is the Orange Diety trying to keep constant panic going on and he's being pretty successful with people like you.
Fuck you...........I've been wanting the Border Secure for decades..........Now even though I've wanted the same thing for all this time........I've suddenly been brainwashed and only say these things because of Trump.

I want our border secure. I want the LAWS ENFORCED and the LAWBREAKERS put in JAIL...............In the military we Swore an Oath to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the Constitution............allowing illegals in is a violation of that oath, and it is a violation of the oath of the President of the United States, the Congress, and the Senate.

You would not be happy if I were in Charge......I'd enforce those laws by raiding the living hell out of business...........when a million are deported I'd force your side to do it's job or watch decades worth of law breaking policies get sent out of this country..........

When the businesses whine we are losing our workers..........I'd say well pay more for the work or hire the legal way.

E-Verify and picture ID, with even finger prints would fuck the Dems and their illegal agenda 10 ways sideways............and then the legacy with that system in place would make Reagan's Act in 1986 be what it was intended to be.

Baloney...............Building the Wall isn't MURDER...........are they going to fire at the concrete while building the wall............Reinforcing the wall ..........building it..........are basically the same dang thing. Why wasn't that challenged........

I'll tell you why it isn't challenged..........because it could go to the Supreme Court and if they lose they are fucked.

In regards to a Nuclear Missile Silo...........if you have to fire to protect a WMD....that would NOT BE AN UNLAWFUL ORDER.

A US Military Member firing on Unarmed Civilians of any kind is Murder. And that is what you started out demanding. The Border is NOT a Federal Secure Property. It's State and Private Property.

There is no challenge to the building or reinforcing of the wall, fence or even the outhouses by the Federal Military Troops. The Army Corp of Engineers have done some pretty fancy projects like Dams and Roads that many said couldn't be done inside the United States. The Army Corp of Engineers are still the authority on things like Hurricane Dikes and Levies. There are no laws against the US Military doing support work for the Civilian Population. Like when I was on a fireline when I was stationed at Peterson Field. But the real question comes, where does Trump get the funds from since the funds are not authorized.

It's pretty cut and dried. The Fed Military can and do fire on anyone that enters a secure Military Facility that will not surrender. Notice the sign when you entered. They mean it. But the Border isn't a Federal Security Facility or Range. They don't have that authority. It's pretty well written out and clear.

As for the National Guards, when they are under the Authority of the Governor, they are not Federal Military Troops and the Federal Laws don't apply to them. The State laws do. That means that they can operate as a police force if called upon. And this is very cut and dried. You keep trying to muddy things up when it's clear as a bell.
Again, you twist the wording.........I never said they would fire at anything. You do understand that they would be BUILDING A WALL and not be firing at illegals now don't you...............LOL

Riddle me this..........If the drug cartels massed and fired on the CBP at the border.....would the military be allowed to come in and secure the border by force..............

I'd add......the laws I stated give the military the RIGHT TO PROTECT FEDERAL FACILITIES...............a POE is a Federal Facility. You are spinning to your narrative..........and you will lose in the Supreme Court on that...........the only question in my mind is the funding............that is questionable.

What you are getting caught up in is the Orange Diety trying to keep constant panic going on and he's being pretty successful with people like you.
Fuck you...........I've been wanting the Border Secure for decades..........Now even though I've wanted the same thing for all this time........I've suddenly been brainwashed and only say these things because of Trump.

I want our border secure. I want the LAWS ENFORCED and the LAWBREAKERS put in JAIL...............In the military we Swore an Oath to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the Constitution............allowing illegals in is a violation of that oath, and it is a violation of the oath of the President of the United States, the Congress, and the Senate.

You would not be happy if I were in Charge......I'd enforce those laws by raiding the living hell out of business...........when a million are deported I'd force your side to do it's job or watch decades worth of law breaking policies get sent out of this country..........

When the businesses whine we are losing our workers..........I'd say well pay more for the work or hire the legal way.

E-Verify and picture ID, with even finger prints would fuck the Dems and their illegal agenda 10 ways sideways............and then the legacy with that system in place would make Reagan's Act in 1986 be what it was intended to be.

Do you feel better now? Don't you just hate it when you have been shown that you are talking Bull Shit in a Military Area that has other Military Members in it that know the score? And I would say about half of us voted for Trump, a quarter of us voted for Hillary and a quarter of us didn't vote out of disgust for both of them. The Disgusted ones read things right.

This details the laws of use of the military and the primary laws for building the Wall by the military.

If Trump declares and emergency, he's not going to send grunts, pilots, jet mechanics, tank drivers, and artillery men to the border and hand them shovels.

Some (or all) of the funding will be realize by raiding the DOD budget.

The military won't build the wall, the military will fund the wall.

.>>>>

Again, you twist the wording.........I never said they would fire at anything. You do understand that they would be BUILDING A WALL and not be firing at illegals now don't you...............LOL

Riddle me this..........If the drug cartels massed and fired on the CBP at the border.....would the military be allowed to come in and secure the border by force..............

I'd add......the laws I stated give the military the RIGHT TO PROTECT FEDERAL FACILITIES...............a POE is a Federal Facility. You are spinning to your narrative..........and you will lose in the Supreme Court on that...........the only question in my mind is the funding............that is questionable.

You want to place armed US Military at the POEs. Just not going to happen. You would authorize for Federal Military Personnel to fire on unarmed Sillyvillians at the POE. Again, not going to happen. The US Military does not have the special training for that job. That's why they made the Border Patrol and they are pretty damned good at their jobs.

Now you are bouncing around paraphrasing what I already told you about building the wall. Good. At least you are learning something while kicking and screaming. The ONLY thing that will have to be decided by the supreme court in this whole issue is.....well....nothing. This is a Congressional and Executive issue. Just how big of balls does Trump have versus whether Congress can grow a pair or not.

Trump believes that he can declare a state of National Emergency and those funds can be taken from the DOD budget and spent on a Civilian wall.

National defense is not a civilian matter. This falls very squarely in the powers and duties assigned to the military, to defend our nation against foreign attack and invasion.

And who is the official Commander, and Chief of that military? It ain't Chuck Schumer, or Hillary. LOL!

This details the laws of use of the military and the primary laws for building the Wall by the military.

If Trump declares and emergency, he's not going to send grunts, pilots, jet mechanics, tank drivers, and artillery men to the border and hand them shovels.

Some (or all) of the funding will be realize by raiding the DOD budget.

The military won't build the wall, the military will fund the wall.

.>>>>

I was issued a shovel to put out small fires. I was issued gloves to handle relief supplies. The Army Corp of Engineers brings their own equipment and the regular troops do cleanup and other support duties. The Army is quite qualified to build that wall and even has the heavy equipment to do it. What they don't have is the funding.

Trump can do that without declaring an emergency. He's got you fooled, fool. The only thing he can't do is fund it. And no emergency in the world can authorize that. He can transfer funds from Military Programs to it but then the House of Representatives just got their first solid grounds for Impeachment for misappropriation of funds. Trump can dip into his discretionary funds but it's not nearly enough so he's going to have to get the funds somewhere else. He's either going to have to break the law or cut a deal with Congress and get the Government open again.

Or he can keep people like you in a constant panic and just run his mouth which is what he is doing now.

National defense is not a civilian matter. This falls very squarely in the powers and duties assigned to the military, to defend our nation against foreign attack and invasion.

And who is the official Commander, and Chief of that military? It ain't Chuck Schumer, or Hillary. LOL!

Who controls the Purse Strings? Her first name is Nancy.

Forum List

Back