Mike Huckabee is the next president of the U.S.

I thumbed through it... But it seems like a lot breading and not a lot of beef, you know? I'm looking for specific SCRIPTURE ot some dude's interpretation of the bible. Hell, there are enough of those already and they remind me of opinions and asshole more than profound insight. I'm asking you because this is YOUR belief not that essay. Can YOU show me biblical scripture that supports your view of the christian dogma? I'm not trying to be stubborn, I'm looking for the evidence.

This reminds me.. Shortly after Waco I found the Branch Davidian webpage and had them send me a copy of their teachings. They sent a spiral bound copy of an essay that both reminds me of the above and ron hubbard-type fiction. They also had a way of twisting the bible around their perspective... regardless of what the bible actually says. Now, again, I have no reason to pull you any which way here; comparative religions is something of a hobby and nothing else. I'm just looking to see if the evidence for your particular choice of dogma is any more solid than theirs and others. 'Cause, to be honest, i'm not sure that yours is a common belief for the reason for confusion in Genesis. This is why I asked what denomination you are part of.

I am part of no specific denomination.
Here is the best answer I can give you to all the proof seeking I can give and the secret.

The Holy Bible is alive. It will not give up its secrets to just anyone reading it like a novel. God infused a lock on his word. It has been written the way it is written for a reason. It will not give up its truths to someone without faith or to someone that does not believe, or atleast truely want to believe. A person such as yourself, Atheist, could have an Angel come into your room in a white whispy energenic form and speak to you through your mind and spirit to convince you that this is true, and you would probably dismiss it as, "just another flashback". God will not force himself onto you. God is a gentleman, he will not go where he is not welcome. If you truely want the answers you are seeking, then you must meat God half way. Care to try it? What have you got to lose? What are you afraid of??? The answers you are asking me about will not come in as pure intellect. This isn't going to come to you through your head. It will come to you through your heart and your spirit. I know you don't believe in a spirit either. I really hope the best for you and I will pray for you that someday you let down your carefully guarded fortress and let God in.

well, to be honest, if an angel walked up to me and was obviously an angel it would be the first piece of physical evidence this side of creation. I don't think that the bible is any more "living" than the next version. Your post reads like a snake oil saleman trying to explain why his product tastes like watered down bourbon BUT, i'm not here to insult your faith so we can both walk away from this table as gentlemen.

Have a great evening, Lookout.

well, to be honest, if an angel walked up to me and was obviously an angel it would be the first piece of physical evidence this side of creation. I don't think that the bible is any more "living" than the next version. Your post reads like a snake oil saleman trying to explain why his product tastes like watered down bourbon BUT, i'm not here to insult your faith so we can both walk away from this table as gentlemen.

Perfect! You too Shogun.

How about a different view? Care do discuss science? Specifically the universal concept of energy. That all things in the multiverse are constructed of energy from the microcosm to the macrocosm. That mankinds feeble attempt to probe into the unknown by building atom colliders or electron colliders is like taking a television apart to find out what is happening in the studio. Quarks? rifts? Other dimensions? 4th dimension, 5th dimension? Astrophysics? Metaphysics? Or that we as humans are composite matrices of energy? That we function with our 5 (or 6) sences like a common volt meter? Conscious, sub conscious, super conscious. Hell, even Eienstein said on his death bed, "The only question now is, is the universe friendly?" How about the space time continuum? Or that Gravity is a direct ratio of inductance? Pick your poison.

How about a different view? Care do discuss science? Specifically the universal concept of energy. That all things in the multiverse are constructed of energy from the microcosm to the macrocosm. That mankinds feeble attempt to probe into the unknown by building atom colliders or electron colliders is like taking a television apart to find out what is happening in the studio. Quarks? rifts? Other dimensions? 4th dimension, 5th dimension? Astrophysics? Metaphysics? Or that we as humans are composite matrices of energy? That we function with our 5 (or 6) sences like a common volt meter? Conscious, sub conscious, super conscious. Hell, even Eienstein said on his death bed, "The only question now is, is the universe friendly?" How about the space time continuum? Or that Gravity is a direct ratio of inductance? Pick your poison.

And what does any of this have to do with a god or lack thereof?

Oh, I don't know...Explain to me how a magnet works.

Question: How does a magnet work?
------------------------------------------------
Answer: All the magnetic fields we can create are the result of moving
charges. Electromagnets make fields through large currents
in wires we make. Permanent magnets produce fields through the
orientation of the electron orbits and spins of the atoms in
the magnet.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy99/phy99289.htm

When the atoms in a bar of steel ( not giong into the elements it is comprised of) are introduced to an electeromagnetic field inside a coil, all the atoms turn their axis and point their north poles toward one end and their south poles toward the other end. The electromagnetic fields produced by a permenant magnet can not be seen or felt, yet they are there. They will stay there indefinitely. How did the atoms in the steel bar turn their axis? Look, I may not be able to prove the finality of the holy bible, but i believe i can prove intelligent design.

I'll cut to the chase...Where do those "moving charges come from and what makes them move?

Even though the atoms in the steel bar are tight together, there is still space between them. Every atom is surrounded by a thick (microscopicaly speaking) shell. Its own electromagnetic field. The spaces between all atoms is known as electromagnetic flux or ether. ether is the common bonding agent that binds all things together. And that came from where and got here how? I will go as far as to say, I believe that the "ether" is the energy of God permeating and giving life to all things, seen and unseen.
How anyone can look into the microcosm and the macrocosm and not see intelligent design, is beyond me. All atoms have a North and South pole. Just as all planets have a north and south pole and galaxies and the universe and this dimension. And that is all there just by accident? It had to come from somewhere! If one can agree to intelligent design, then there must be a designer...GOD.

I have to ask only because I have never actually talked to an Atheist. So you don't believe in intelligent design? How can someone look at the universe and all its wonders and the microscopic world and all its wonders and not believe there is intelligent design? If you buy all the parts to make a watch and put them loosly in a box and put it up on a shelf, it will never assemble itself. How can someone understand that so far this is the only planet that is able to support human life and not believe there is a designer? You can't see air but it is there and we all suck on the very teet of God (figurativly speaking) every 5 seconds for our very existance. I guess it is just blowing my mind that someone can not believe or will not believe. There is a good question, is it can't or won't?

I have to ask only because I have never actually talked to an Atheist. So you don't believe in intelligent design? How can someone look at the universe and all its wonders and the microscopic world and all its wonders and not believe there is intelligent design? If you buy all the parts to make a watch and put them loosly in a box and put it up on a shelf, it will never assemble itself. How can someone understand that so far this is the only planet that is able to support human life and not believe there is a designer? You can't see air but it is there and we all suck on the very teet of God (figurativly speaking) every 5 seconds for our very existance. I guess it is just blowing my mind that someone can not believe or will not believe. There is a good question, is it can't or won't?

How do you know we are the only planet to support life? And what is so perfect? Why do we have appendixes? Why do we urinate and excrete? Surely if everything was perfect we wouldn't even need wastewater systems? Why do women go through such pain giving birth? Why is there cancer? Why don't I have wings and fly? Why can't I live forever? Why did my 14 year old cousin die in 1980 from muscular dystrophy? Why are people born blind? Why can't my body survive the impact of dropping out of an airplane at 40,000 feet without a parachute? Why do I even need to suck the teet of a supposed god, why can't I just be? Why can't I live underwater?

What's that about a perfect world again, Lookout?
Your turn....

How do you know we are the only planet to support life? And what is so perfect? Why do we have appendixes? Why do we urinate and excrete? Surely if everything was perfect we wouldn't even need wastewater systems? Why do women go through such pain giving birth? Why is there cancer? Why don't I have wings and fly? Why can't I live forever? Why did my 14 year old cousin die in 1980 from muscular dystrophy? Why are people born blind? Why can't my body survive the impact of dropping out of an airplane at 40,000 feet without a parachute? Why do I even need to suck the teet of a supposed god, why can't I just be? Why can't I live underwater?
If you don't believe that you came from God, Then where did you come from? Is your ancestry a monkey? a fish? an ameba?

What's that about a perfect world again, Lookout?
Your turn....

Well, dr. grump, at first I thought you were just being a smart ass, then I re-read it again and figure I will give you the bennefit of the doubt.
First, lets start with your cousin. It sounds to me like you have some real resentment about her dying. I'm sorry she died.:sad: I know how losing someone we love hurts really bad. I lost my niece to suicide in 1996. I lost my mother about 4 years ago. I've lost many friends to them living in the fast lane. I watched a friend of mine when I was a teenager fall from a rope swing and fall to his death. I lost a girlfriend when I was in my early 20's to murder to a black man who raped and murdered her. I think it's possible that the pain you feel over your loss may be linked to your resentment toward God. She is probably in heaven with God now and has a much better life and is healed of everything. You might want to seek out some professional help for that resentment. Resentments are post medative expectations. As are expectations premeditated resentments. Resentments are like taking poison in hopes it will hurt someone else. In reality all it does is poison ourselves. There are people who can really help with this sort of thing. Sometimes, people that don't get help with the pain over losing a loved one and blame God, snap and go sideways and end up in the post office with a machinegun.

I never said it is a perfect world. Nowhere in my posts will you find that I said that.

I never said this is the only planet to support life. I said...SO FAR, this is the only planet to support HUMAN LIFE.

As for the other absurd questions...I'm pretty sure they have childrens books that answer things like "Why can't I live under water?"

If you don't believe that you came from God, Then where did you come from? Is your ancestry a monkey? a fish? an ameba?

Well, dr. grump, at first I thought you were just being a smart ass, then I re-read it again and figure I will give you the bennefit of the doubt.
First, lets start with your cousin. It sounds to me like you have some real resentment about her dying. I'm sorry she died.:sad: I know how losing someone we love hurts really bad. I lost my niece to suicide in 1996. I lost my mother about 4 years ago. I've lost many friends to them living in the fast lane. I watched a friend of mine when I was a teenager fall from a rope swing and fall to his death. I lost a girlfriend when I was in my early 20's to murder to a black man who raped and murdered her. I think it's possible that the pain you feel over your loss may be linked to your resentment toward God. She is probably in heaven with God now and has a much better life and is healed of everything. You might want to seek out some professional help for that resentment. Resentments are post medative expectations. As are expectations premeditated resentments. Resentments are like taking poison in hopes it will hurt someone else. In reality all it does is poison ourselves. There are people who can really help with this sort of thing. Sometimes, people that don't get help with the pain over losing a loved one and blame God, snap and go sideways and end up in the post office with a machinegun.

I never said it is a perfect world. Nowhere in my posts will you find that I said that.

I never said this is the only planet to support life. I said...SO FAR, this is the only planet to support HUMAN LIFE.

As for the other absurd questions...I'm pretty sure they have childrens books that answer things like "Why can't I live under water?"

I have no resentment whatsoever. Wasn't that close to him and I was overseas when he died.

I was far from being a smartarse. I was being sincere. Why are my questions absurd? IOW, you have no answer.

As for ancestry - possibly....I'd believe that over the absurdity of a omnipotent being supposedly being responsible..

I have no resentment whatsoever. Wasn't that close to him and I was overseas when he died.

I was far from being a smartarse. I was being sincere. Why are my questions absurd? IOW, you have no answer.

As for ancestry - possibly....I'd believe that over the absurdity of a omnipotent being supposedly being responsible..

K

No, I do not believe in ID. In fact, I see it as just another modern attempt at explaining away fire like a modern caveman. Like a modern greek atte pt to understand why the sun rises and sets. Not knowing the absolute truth does not validate mythology. The process by which we assume ID has anything to do with science has more to do with the same reason for geocentrism than it does actual science. When jebus, of whatever form a god wants to take, comes along and relys on physical evidence rather than empty faith then we'd have a discussion. As it is, just because you can't fathom the clock working outside of the perameters of your schope of understanding doesn't mean that you are in any way shape or form close to guessing the actual physical reality. Much like greek myths of the sun have little in common with our comprehension of the earths rotation.

Now, of COURSE much of our world fits together in a relative way; we all evolved according to varying degrees of interaction. Sure, here on earth were life has sprung, like parentless child, there is order because our very exhistance requires an subtle environment or else the Earth would be as lifeless as the moon. However, this little galactic oasis, and our comprehension of our bible of order, should not belay the fact of massive stellar chaos out in the big universe. We are not the rule, we are the exception.

If you are actually curious and wold like further reading I suggest "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors" by Carl Segan. that should give you an idea on how i come to my opinion.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Forgotten-Ancestors-Carl-Sagan/dp/0345384725[/ame]

I am undecided about the existence or inexistence of god but in answer to your question:

If there are 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to the 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th power number of watch parts that you jumble in a box, it is possible that some of the watch parts would come together and make a watch.

"If you don't believe that you came from God, Then where did you come from? Is your ancestry a monkey? a fish? an ameba?"

Yes, that's exactly it. There is a reason Whales have digits and Platypus has a bill. There is a reason scales and feathers connect birds and reptiles. Why we have fingernails and pubic hair, apendix and wisdom teeth. It may make a person feel better about their circumstance if they think they are part of some godly plan insted of the product of natural selection but the belief of pharoes didn't make them gods either so.... I"LL stick with the science.

Forum List

Back