Middle class could face higher taxes under Republican plan, analysis finds

unlike you, I take anything from one side that claims the other side is evil, with a large grain of salt. unlike you, I don't take whatever one party says and consider it Gospel.

unlike you, I do have a mind of my own, and I use it. In this case, I used it to determine that I don't trust the Democrats to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Republican plan, any more than I trust the Republicans to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Democrat plan.

It's called, having an open mind. You should try it instead of simply regurgitating any anti GOP thought that you see come from the Dems.

Dumb ass.

Was that you having an open mind when you started a thread about "Why does Obama hate sick people?". Is that the type of open mind you are talking about?

Hypocrite much?

Obviously, the point of that thread went over your tiny little head.

Obviously your blatant hypocrisy is easily dismissed by insulting me. Well done!

The whole 'look, this policy will take away special benefit from group x or group y' thing is ridiculous... and it is how we got in to this complicated tax mess anyway

The goals should not be to give ANY group special tax breaks or privilege... it should be equal treatment for all without exception...

Equal according to you.

No.. equal according the the definition of equal.. not with conditions.. not with feelings... not with subjective criteria... EQUAL...
It is the subjective BULLSHIT that has got us this pandering, this complicated mess where one group will vilify the other and then demand a change to benefit them and a change to punish another...

Adding selective breaks and perks is not equal

Fortunately your extremely flawed and narrow definition of "equal" is something we'll never see.

I call your post a calculated and deliberate attempt at a scare tactic using fallacy as the basis.

The plan does not do what your partisan politicians claim from this dem prepared report. It's also a deliberate and calculated scare tactic void of unbias. They are pushing an agenda here, you just happen to be falling for it. It's fucking amazing.

Baaaaa says the sheep.

That's right. Stay in your herd. Repeat the talking point. Repeat the talking point. Stay in the herd. Stay in the herd.

Equal according to you.

No.. equal according the the definition of equal.. not with conditions.. not with feelings... not with subjective criteria... EQUAL...
It is the subjective BULLSHIT that has got us this pandering, this complicated mess where one group will vilify the other and then demand a change to benefit them and a change to punish another...

Fortunately your extremely flawed and narrow definition of "equal" is something we'll never see.

How is it flawed? You sure do make a lot of claims without producing any factual basis or context to the table. But, that is typical of progressive LOLberals.

Austerity to any meaningful degree requires sacrifice, and there is not one nickel of sacrifice for wealthy Americans in Romney's 'plans', to the extent his bob and weave vagaries can qualify as 'plans'.

So if sacrifice must be made, and you exempt the Rich,

who's left?

So keeping a system where nearly half do not sacrifice is the answer then??

Nobody is saying to EXEMPT the rich... nor any other group.. but when you have a standard where a large number are ALREADY exempt, and any attempt to eliminate that exemption brings statements like 'you are trying to punish them by taxing them', it is not a problem?? Ridiculous

Seems that 'the rich' you love so much to vilify have been sacrificing all along in terms of their contributions, and it is a large group of others that have been without sacrifice in terms of burden for financing this government leviathan

How is it flawed? You sure do make a lot of claims without producing any factual basis or context to the table. But, that is typical of progressive LOLberals.

Exactly... true equality scares the fuck out of ones like RDD.. it means that they don't get an advantage... they don't get to use tears for special treatment... in the eyes of a winger like RDD, equal is something to be screamed for when they can gain an advantage.. .but unequal treatment of others is the norm when they already have an advantage, and nothing will ever be said about it

I call your post a calculated and deliberate attempt at a scare tactic using fallacy as the basis.

The plan does not do what your partisan politicians claim from this dem prepared report. It's also a deliberate and calculated scare tactic void of unbias. They are pushing an agenda here, you just happen to be falling for it. It's fucking amazing.

Baaaaa says the sheep.

That's right. Stay in your herd. Repeat the talking point. Repeat the talking point. Stay in the herd. Stay in the herd.

Lead your whole life by the 'ignorance is bliss' philosophy I'm guessing.

His flawed logic has been pointed out numerous times, ask him to explain it to you. You can pretend it makes sense and continue your life of ignorance.

I do like what you did with the word liberal. That's cute.

you honestly think the Democrats can be trusted to be fair and impartial, don't you.

Sad.

You have yet to demonstrate any factual inaccuracies in the analysis. You base your position completely on the party that published the report, based on the Tax Policy Center's facts. Yet you claim because it came from Democrats, it can't be trusted. If it came from Republicans, you'd be supporting even the most inane fact.

You won't even address the basic issue of who will be hit the hardest, as a percentage of income, if the home mortgage deduction is repealed. Who was hit the hardest when Reagan had the credit card and auto loan installment interest deduction repealed?

You're the hack, and without the mental ability to think for yourself. Now get back to making your lame flames in your sig lines and responding to posts with single emoticons. That seems to be your forte.

unlike you, I take anything from one side that claims the other side is evil, with a large grain of salt. unlike you, I don't take whatever one party says and consider it Gospel.

unlike you, I do have a mind of my own, and I use it. In this case, I used it to determine that I don't trust the Democrats to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Republican plan, any more than I trust the Republicans to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Democrat plan.

It's called, having an open mind. You should try it instead of simply regurgitating any anti GOP thought that you see come from the Dems.

Dumb ass.

You lying piece of shit. You've failed to dispute any facts contained in the report or the Tax Policy Center analysis, but concluded it can't be trusted because it came from Democrats. You're probably too damn stupid to see the cognitive dissonance you just posted.

Austerity to any meaningful degree requires sacrifice, and there is not one nickel of sacrifice for wealthy Americans in Romney's 'plans', to the extent his bob and weave vagaries can qualify as 'plans'.

who's left?

Nobody is saying to EXEMPT the rich... nor any other group.. but when you have a standard where a large number are ALREADY exempt, and any attempt to eliminate that exemption brings statements like 'you are trying to punish them by taxing them', it is not a problem?? Ridiculous

Seems that 'the rich' you love so much to vilify have been sacrificing all along in terms of their contributions, and it is a large group of others that have been without sacrifice in terms of burden for financing this government leviathan

And you guys pretend to care about the middle class. "The best way to help the middle class and poor and is to raise their taxes".

Then you people get upset when we point out what you just said. Again....just amazing.

His flawed logic has been pointed out numerous times, ask him to explain it to you. You can pretend it makes sense and continue your life of ignorance.

Oh, I see. So you make a claim and then it is the job of others to find out if that claim is legitimate or not. This is exactly how progressive debate. Make a claim and then saddle the task of verification onto the audience.

"We have to vote for the bill to find out what's in it." :cuckoo:

You have yet to demonstrate any factual inaccuracies in the analysis. You base your position completely on the party that published the report, based on the Tax Policy Center's facts. Yet you claim because it came from Democrats, it can't be trusted. If it came from Republicans, you'd be supporting even the most inane fact.

You won't even address the basic issue of who will be hit the hardest, as a percentage of income, if the home mortgage deduction is repealed. Who was hit the hardest when Reagan had the credit card and auto loan installment interest deduction repealed?

You're the hack, and without the mental ability to think for yourself. Now get back to making your lame flames in your sig lines and responding to posts with single emoticons. That seems to be your forte.

Dumb ass.

You lying piece of shit. You've failed to dispute any facts contained in the report or the Tax Policy Center analysis, but concluded it can't be trusted because it came from Democrats. You're probably too damn stupid to see the cognitive dissonance you just posted.

Well one thing on this board, I do know, is that liberals NEVER question their side, EVER.
This report was done by Senator Reid, so liest to me again how the taxes are going to go higher?

Oh, I see. So you make a claim and then it is the job of others to find out if that claim is legitimate or not. This is exactly how progressive debate. Make a claim and then saddle the task of verification onto the audience.

"We have to vote for the bill to find out what's in it." :cuckoo:

I think I was responding to DiamondDave when you decided to chime in. Dave knows full well about our past conversations and I don't need to tell him what his viewpoints are.

So yes, since you decided to make yourself a part of the conversation with him you can do your own leg work. Ask Dave, go ahead...it's not that hard. I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you.

Don't tell me your ignorant AND lazy.

I asked you to put substance to your claim and you tell me to go somewhere else to get it. Yet Im the lazy and ignorant one?

Unreal.

The only ignorant one I see here is you.

Dumb ass.

And you have taken the report as Gospel, BECAUSE it came from Democrats. You're definitely too damn stupid to see the cognitive dissonance you just posted.

who's left?

And you guys pretend to care about the middle class. "The best way to help the middle class and poor and is to raise their taxes".

Then you people get upset when we point out what you just said. Again....just amazing.

Again.. since you appear to be completely dense...

I am not for the propping up of anyone.. or giving anyone a subjective break... I am for equal treatment for all with all the positives and negatives that go with it...

You love to talk sacrifice when you support a system where large numbers have no sacrifice and you champion greater non-sacrifice while claiming the ones actually with the load burden sacrifice more

I asked you to put substance to your claim and you tell me to go somewhere else to get it. Yet Im the lazy and ignorant one?

Unreal.

The only ignorant one I see here is you.

You butted in to someone elses conversation. If I was making a claim while talking to you, I'd give proof/example, but I wasn't. I was talking to someone else who didn't need any background. You decided to butt in, no one asked for your commentary.

So you're not only ignorant and lazy, you're rude too. Strike three!

Dumb ass.

Well one thing on this board, I do know, is that liberals NEVER question their side, EVER.
This report was done by Senator Reid, so liest to me again how the taxes are going to go higher?

I guess you're slow on the uptake, since conservatives like you claim everything a Democrat says is a lie. But since you'd never critically analyze anything that comes from Paul Ryan, let me help you out with one shining example. He wants to get rid of the home mortgage interest deduction. Who does that hurt most, in terms of percentage of income, that repeal will result in higher taxes. I'd suggest the middle three quintiles. He also wants to repeal the tax break for what a company pays for your health insurance (not from the corporate deduction, but adding it to your list of taxable income).

Those are two clear examples of how the GOP plan will screw the middle class, while giving a huge tax cut to the wealthiest. For the sake of argument, just use quintiles or deciles, so we don't get into stupid arguments about who hates the rich. That's pretty much what the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center did.

Again.. since you appear to be completely dense...

I am not for the propping up of anyone.. or giving anyone a subjective break... I am for equal treatment for all with all the positives and negatives that go with it...

You love to talk sacrifice when you support a system where large numbers have no sacrifice and you champion greater non-sacrifice while claiming the ones actually with the load burden sacrifice more

I get it. Tell me that you don't think taxes should be raised on the poor and middle class who "do not sacrifice". All I'm doing is pointing out that you are the perfect example that cons believe that the way for our country to prosper is by increasing taxes on the poor and middle class. Do I understand that incorrectly?

Dumb ass.

And you have taken the report as Gospel, BECAUSE it came from Democrats. You're definitely too damn stupid to see the cognitive dissonance you just posted.

You've yet to refute a single fact presented by either the Democratic leadership or the underlying analysis done by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. You're a whore, and an ignorant one at that.

Forum List

Back