Middle class could face higher taxes under Republican plan, analysis finds

I asked you to put substance to your claim and you tell me to go somewhere else to get it. Yet Im the lazy and ignorant one?

Unreal.

The only ignorant one I see here is you.

You butted in to someone elses conversation. If I was making a claim while talking to you, I'd give proof/example, but I wasn't. I was talking to someone else who didn't need any background. You decided to butt in, no one asked for your commentary.

So you're not only ignorant and lazy, you're rude too. Strike three!

So now a public messageboard is between only two participants at a time?
You're really going to great lengths to obfuscate from the original point, which was to put context to your claim that Dave's understanding of equality is flawed.

So Im lazy, ignorant and rude for "butting in" to your conversation when asking for you to explain yourself.

All you progressives know how to do is elementary playground arguing. It is obvious you can not even verbalize your position. Just dismiss, name call and then change the subject.

Color me shocked.

You lying piece of shit. You've failed to dispute any facts contained in the report or the Tax Policy Center analysis, but concluded it can't be trusted because it came from Democrats. You're probably too damn stupid to see the cognitive dissonance you just posted.

Well one thing on this board, I do know, is that liberals NEVER question their side, EVER.
This report was done by Senator Reid, so liest to me again how the taxes are going to go higher?

I guess you're slow on the uptake, since conservatives like you claim everything a Democrat says is a lie. But since you'd never critically analyze anything that comes from Paul Ryan, let me help you out with one shining example. He wants to get rid of the home mortgage interest deduction. Who does that hurt most, in terms of percentage of income, that repeal will result in higher taxes. I'd suggest the middle three quintiles. He also wants to repeal the tax break for what a company pays for your health insurance (not from the corporate deduction, but adding it to your list of taxable income).

Those are two clear examples of how the GOP plan will screw the middle class, while giving a huge tax cut to the wealthiest. For the sake of argument, just use quintiles or deciles, so we don't get into stupid arguments about who hates the rich. That's pretty much what the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center did.

All breaks SHOULD go away.. for they are subjective in nature and pander to only certain groups...

But when you simplify the system, the supporting system should shrink and cost less.. and when you couple that with reducing spending, eliminating entitlements etc, the cost of government should decrease... meaning that the necessary tax rate to support the government should also decrease...

Again.. equality in treatment instead of having government slobbering all over itself with backroom deals, pandering for votes by giving more subjective breaks and exemptions, and all that shit

You think a sales tax is unfair?? $0.06 on every dollar regardless of what you earn or what you own? I mean, you're not getting a break because you and your group had your vote bought by some politician promising zero taxes on Chevy cars and plastic lawn chairs because they suit your lifestyle.. how is that fair?

I asked you to put substance to your claim and you tell me to go somewhere else to get it. Yet Im the lazy and ignorant one?

Unreal.

You butted in to someone elses conversation. If I was making a claim while talking to you, I'd give proof/example, but I wasn't. I was talking to someone else who didn't need any background. You decided to butt in, no one asked for your commentary.

You're really going to great lengths to obfuscate from the original point, which was to put context to your claim that Dave's understanding of equality is flawed.

So Im lazy, ignorant and rude for "butting in" to your conversation when asking for you to explain yourself.

All you progressives know how to do is elementary playground arguing. It is obvious you can not even verbalize your position. Just dismiss, name call and then change the subject.

Color me shocked.

C'mon TASB.. how dare you chime in when he claims equal is only equal when he benefits more than those he likes to vilify...

Unreal.

Color me shocked.

Cry about it a little more.

Well one thing on this board, I do know, is that liberals NEVER question their side, EVER.
This report was done by Senator Reid, so liest to me again how the taxes are going to go higher?

I guess you're slow on the uptake, since conservatives like you claim everything a Democrat says is a lie. But since you'd never critically analyze anything that comes from Paul Ryan, let me help you out with one shining example. He wants to get rid of the home mortgage interest deduction. Who does that hurt most, in terms of percentage of income, that repeal will result in higher taxes. I'd suggest the middle three quintiles. He also wants to repeal the tax break for what a company pays for your health insurance (not from the corporate deduction, but adding it to your list of taxable income).

Those are two clear examples of how the GOP plan will screw the middle class, while giving a huge tax cut to the wealthiest. For the sake of argument, just use quintiles or deciles, so we don't get into stupid arguments about who hates the rich. That's pretty much what the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center did.

All breaks SHOULD go away.. for they are subjective in nature and pander to only certain groups...

But when you simplify the system, the supporting system should shrink and cost less.. and when you couple that with reducing spending, eliminating entitlements etc, the cost of government should decrease... meaning that the necessary tax rate to support the government should also decrease...

Again.. equality in treatment instead of having government slobbering all over itself with backroom deals, pandering for votes by giving more subjective breaks and exemptions, and all that shit

You think a sales tax is unfair?? $0.06 on every dollar regardless of what you earn or what you own? I mean, you're not getting a break because you and your group had your vote bought by some politician promising zero taxes on Chevy cars and plastic lawn chairs because they suit your lifestyle.. how is that fair?

I Agree, close the loopholes and lower the tax rate, and get rid of the dumass graduation, flat tax it, make it simple and the "little" people wont have to spend more money highering people to do their taxes.

Color me shocked.

C'mon TASB.. how dare you chime in when he claims equal is only equal when he benefits more than those he likes to vilify...

Where did I claim that? This is when you don't respond and I prove once again the you idiots are in fact.....idiots.

I Agree, close the loopholes and lower the tax rate, and get rid of the dumass graduation, flat tax it, make it simple and the "little" people wont have to spend more money highering people to do their taxes.

More proof of exactly what I said earlier. Idiots supporting policies that would hurt themselves. :clap2:

More proof of exactly what I said earlier. Idiots supporting policies that would hurt themselves. :clap2:

And it is not all about what government can do to give you benefit when it puts the burden on others... You only want more from government... instead of more from yoursef

Color me shocked.

Where did I claim that? This is when you don't respond and I prove once again the you idiots are in fact.....idiots.

You support increased taxation on the 'rich' that you have indeed vilified
You support deductions on subjective criteria when it benefits things that you can or might be able to take advantage of...
You do not support deductions or perks to the very same 'rich' when it is something they can take advantage of
You support lesser taxation for some based on subjective criteria such as 'fairness' and 'hurt'

Your basis on equality is EXACTLY what I have stated it is... and you shy away from a truly equalized system that takes no subjective criteria into account... and it is because you FEEL it is not FAIR

And you guys pretend to care about the middle class. "The best way to help the middle class and poor and is to raise their taxes".

Then you people get upset when we point out what you just said. Again....just amazing.

Again.. since you appear to be completely dense...

I am not for the propping up of anyone.. or giving anyone a subjective break... I am for equal treatment for all with all the positives and negatives that go with it...

You love to talk sacrifice when you support a system where large numbers have no sacrifice and you champion greater non-sacrifice while claiming the ones actually with the load burden sacrifice more

I get it. Tell me that you don't think taxes should be raised on the poor and middle class who "do not sacrifice". All I'm doing is pointing out that you are the perfect example that cons believe that the way for our country to prosper is by increasing taxes on the poor and middle class. Do I understand that incorrectly?

Still waiting for your answer Dave...

I am not for the propping up of anyone.. or giving anyone a subjective break... I am for equal treatment for all with all the positives and negatives that go with it...

You love to talk sacrifice when you support a system where large numbers have no sacrifice and you champion greater non-sacrifice while claiming the ones actually with the load burden sacrifice more

I get it. Tell me that you don't think taxes should be raised on the poor and middle class who "do not sacrifice". All I'm doing is pointing out that you are the perfect example that cons believe that the way for our country to prosper is by increasing taxes on the poor and middle class. Do I understand that incorrectly?

How is removing tax loopholes raising taxes on people that dont pay them?

You support deductions on subjective criteria when it benefits things that you can or might be able to take advantage of...
You do not support deductions or perks to the very same 'rich' when it is something they can take advantage of
You support lesser taxation for some based on subjective criteria such as 'fairness' and 'hurt'

Your basis on equality is EXACTLY what I have stated it is... and you shy away from a truly equalized system that takes no subjective criteria into account... and it is because you FEEL it is not FAIR

Wow, did you create all those strawmen on your own, or did Fox news help you?

Nope.. right from the very things you post

LOL, someones pants are on fire.....

As stated SO many fucking times...

I strive for equality in treatment without subjective criteria... like a sales tax that does not sway because you earn $20K while Joe Blow earns $200K... the very same blind OBJECTIVITY and SIMPLICITY in income taxation

I am not about who benefits and who don't.. who should sacrifice more while someone else sacrifices less.. that is your SUBJECTIVE criteria

We benefit from equal treatment and we also sacrifice for it... and it is not based on someone boo hooing more than someone else

There should be NOBODY excluded from the sacrifice of paying for our government and the running of it... and if someone actually has a stake in the game, rather than deriving benefit, while contributing nothing or little, at the expense of others, our government may not remain as out of control as it is now... don't think people complain or worry about government debt growing when they have no burden in paying for it

So you are saying:

You DO NOT support increased taxation on the 'rich'?
You DO NOT support deductions on subjective criteria when it benefits things that you can or might be able to take advantage of...??
You DO support deductions or perks to the very same 'rich' when it is something they can take advantage of??
You DO NOTsupport lesser taxation for some based on subjective criteria such as 'fairness' and 'hurt'??

I strive for equality in treatment without subjective criteria... like a sales tax that does not sway because you earn $20K while Joe Blow earns $200K... the very same blind OBJECTIVITY and SIMPLICITY in income taxation

I am not about who benefits and who don't.. who should sacrifice more while someone else sacrifices less.. that is your SUBJECTIVE criteria

We benefit from equal treatment and we also sacrifice for it... and it is not based on someone boo hooing more than someone else

There should be NOBODY excluded from the sacrifice of paying for our government and the running of it... and if someone actually has a stake in the game, rather than deriving benefit, while contributing nothing or little, at the expense of others, our government may not remain as out of control as it is now... don't think people complain or worry about government debt growing when they have no burden in paying for it

Simple yes or no.

Should the taxes on the poor and middle class who currently don't pay federal income taxes be raised?

I don't think RDD has the intellectual prowess to grasp what you're saying, Dave. it seems like a battle that can never be won. Unfortunately, we have an entire divide in the country based right off this very line of non-thinking.

So you are saying:

You DO NOT support increased taxation on the 'rich'?
You DO NOT support deductions on subjective criteria when it benefits things that you can or might be able to take advantage of...??
You DO support deductions or perks to the very same 'rich' when it is something they can take advantage of??
You DO NOTsupport lesser taxation for some based on subjective criteria such as 'fairness' and 'hurt'??

The first one is the only one you got right, the rest are invented bullshit that you need to pretend I said to be able to make your twisted argument.

Simple yes or no.

Should the taxes on the poor and middle class who currently don't pay federal income taxes be raised?

It is not a simple yes or no...

Should those who pay no taxes pay an equal share of taxes like every citizen should?? Yes

Should that tax rate be a % that is more than the middle class make?? That would have to be determined after analyzing the budget, cutting spending etc...

Could the equalized tax rate be an increase for some?? Yep... Could it be less?? Yep... but it is about equality in treatment without subjective criteria that brings about governmental pandering vore votes and power

Forum List

Back