Middle class could face higher taxes under Republican plan, analysis finds

What have conservatives ever done for the middle class? I'd love to hear it.

To keep the lower tax rates for the top tax bracket in place, Reagan repealed deductions for credit card and auto installment loan interest. Oh wait, that socks the middle class the hardest.

You know he did.

I'm sure Conservatwit appreciated your reach around. Too bad y'all have yet to dispute any facts presented. Attack the messenger is a logical fallacy used by mental midgets.

you honestly think the Democrats can be trusted to be fair and impartial, don't you.

Sad.

You have yet to demonstrate any factual inaccuracies in the analysis. You base your position completely on the party that published the report, based on the Tax Policy Center's facts. Yet you claim because it came from Democrats, it can't be trusted. If it came from Republicans, you'd be supporting even the most inane fact.

You won't even address the basic issue of who will be hit the hardest, as a percentage of income, if the home mortgage deduction is repealed. Who was hit the hardest when Reagan had the credit card and auto loan installment interest deduction repealed?

You're the hack, and without the mental ability to think for yourself. Now get back to making your lame flames in your sig lines and responding to posts with single emoticons. That seems to be your forte.

To keep the lower tax rates for the top tax bracket in place, Reagan repealed deductions for credit card and auto installment loan interest. Oh wait, that socks the middle class the hardest.

Well he didn't stop there.

He cut of SSI for survivors of beneficiaries in college. And he also slapped on brand new taxes on unemployment and tips.

Good stuff.

The largest tax hike in history.

And all placed on the poor and middle class.

I'm sure Conservatwit appreciated your reach around. Too bad y'all have yet to dispute any facts presented. Attack the messenger is a logical fallacy used by mental midgets.

you honestly think the Democrats can be trusted to be fair and impartial, don't you.

Sad.

You have yet to demonstrate any factual inaccuracies in the analysis. You base your position completely on the party that published the report, based on the Tax Policy Center's facts. Yet you claim because it came from Democrats, it can't be trusted. If it came from Republicans, you'd be supporting even the most inane fact.

You won't even address the basic issue of who will be hit the hardest, as a percentage of income, if the home mortgage deduction is repealed. Who was hit the hardest when Reagan had the credit card and auto loan installment interest deduction repealed?

You're the hack, and without the mental ability to think for yourself. Now get back to making your lame flames in your sig lines and responding to posts with single emoticons. That seems to be your forte.

unlike you, I take anything from one side that claims the other side is evil, with a large grain of salt. unlike you, I don't take whatever one party says and consider it Gospel.

unlike you, I do have a mind of my own, and I use it. In this case, I used it to determine that I don't trust the Democrats to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Republican plan, any more than I trust the Republicans to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Democrat plan.

It's called, having an open mind. You should try it instead of simply regurgitating any anti GOP thought that you see come from the Dems.

Dumb ass.

The whole 'look, this policy will take away special benefit from group x or group y' thing is ridiculous... and it is how we got in to this complicated tax mess anyway

The goals should not be to give ANY group special tax breaks or privilege... it should be equal treatment for all without exception...

The report, prepared by Senate Democrats...

:rolleyes:

The report is based on the analysis of the Tax Policy Center. Do you dispute any of the facts it provides? Who do you think is going to be hit the hardest, percentage of income wise, if the home mortgage deduction is repealed?

No, it is not. The analysis is based off the report provided by senate democrats. I don't dispute the analysis, as the analysis is driven by the report prepared by the senate dems.

People who are in homes that they can not afford in the first place, but got their through govt. intervention in the form of subsidies.

Sad.

unlike you, I take anything from one side that claims the other side is evil, with a large grain of salt. unlike you, I don't take whatever one party says and consider it Gospel.

unlike you, I do have a mind of my own, and I use it. In this case, I used it to determine that I don't trust the Democrats to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Republican plan, any more than I trust the Republicans to make a fair and impartial analysis of a Democrat plan.

It's called, having an open mind. You should try it instead of simply regurgitating any anti GOP thought that you see come from the Dems.

Dumb ass.

Was that you having an open mind when you started a thread about "Why does Obama hate sick people?". Is that the type of open mind you are talking about?

Hypocrite much?

The whole 'look, this policy will take away special benefit from group x or group y' thing is ridiculous... and it is how we got in to this complicated tax mess anyway

The goals should not be to give ANY group special tax breaks or privilege... it should be equal treatment for all without exception...

Equal according to you.

It's shocking that a group of people, perfectly exemplified on this site, would adamantly support politicians whose stated intentions are to make their lives more difficult. And the whole time they are somehow convinced that imposing policies that work against them and help another group of people (who don't need help mind you) will make their lives better. Yet these policies have never been shown to actually work before, anywhere. And yet despite all of that, they still believe it! It's an amazing thing to watch.

It's shocking that a group of people, perfectly exemplified on this site, would adamantly support politicians whose stated intentions are to make their lives more difficult. And the whole time they are somehow convinced that imposing policies that work against them and help another group of people (who don't need help mind you) will make their lives better. Yet these policies have never been shown to actually work before, anywhere. And yet despite all of that, they still believe it! It's an amazing thing to watch.

Ah, the boogeyman under the bed argument.

Yeah, the GOP cares about the middle class. Another case of them sucker punching their supporters.

The tax reform plan that House Republicans have advanced would sharply cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans and could leave middle-class households facing much larger tax bills, according to a new analysis set to be released Wednesday.

The report, prepared by Senate Democrats and reviewed by nonpartisan tax experts, marks the first attempt to quantify the trade-offs inherent in the GOP tax package, which would replace the current tax structure with two brackets — 25 percent and 10 percent — and cut the top rate from 35 percent.

Those changes would benefit virtually every taxpayer, but they also would reduce federal tax collections by about $4.5 trillion over the next decade, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. To avoid increasing the national debt by that amount, GOP leaders such as House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (Wis.) have pledged to get rid of all the special-interest loopholes and tax shelters that litter the code.

Republicans have declined to identify their targets. However, some of the biggest “loopholes” on the books are popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, and retirement savings, which disproportionately benefit the upper middle class.

"Are they smart enough, do they know enough
To regulate their taxes
So the poor can pay the rich
To keep the poor flat on their asses"

Yeah, the GOP cares about the middle class. Another case of them sucker punching their supporters.

The tax reform plan that House Republicans have advanced would sharply cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans and could leave middle-class households facing much larger tax bills, according to a new analysis set to be released Wednesday.

The report, prepared by Senate Democrats and reviewed by nonpartisan tax experts, marks the first attempt to quantify the trade-offs inherent in the GOP tax package, which would replace the current tax structure with two brackets — 25 percent and 10 percent — and cut the top rate from 35 percent.

Those changes would benefit virtually every taxpayer, but they also would reduce federal tax collections by about $4.5 trillion over the next decade, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. To avoid increasing the national debt by that amount, GOP leaders such as House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (Wis.) have pledged to get rid of all the special-interest loopholes and tax shelters that litter the code.

Republicans have declined to identify their targets. However, some of the biggest “loopholes” on the books are popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, and retirement savings, which disproportionately benefit the upper middle class.

Must be self loathing since the Republican party is mostly middle class Americans. :eusa_whistle:

Ah, the boogeyman under the bed argument.

Call it what you want. It's fucking amazing.

I call your post a calculated and deliberate attempt at a scare tactic using fallacy as the basis.

The plan does not do what your partisan politicians claim from this dem prepared report. It's also a deliberate and calculated scare tactic void of unbias. They are pushing an agenda here, you just happen to be falling for it. It's fucking amazing.

Dumb ass.

Was that you having an open mind when you started a thread about "Why does Obama hate sick people?". Is that the type of open mind you are talking about?

Hypocrite much?

Obviously, the point of that thread went over your tiny little head.

Equal according to you.

No.. equal according the the definition of equal.. not with conditions.. not with feelings... not with subjective criteria... EQUAL...
It is the subjective BULLSHIT that has got us this pandering, this complicated mess where one group will vilify the other and then demand a change to benefit them and a change to punish another...

Adding selective breaks and perks is not equal

I call your post a calculated and deliberate attempt at a scare tactic using fallacy as the basis.

The plan does not do what your partisan politicians claim from this dem prepared report. It's also a deliberate and calculated scare tactic void of unbias. They are pushing an agenda here, you just happen to be falling for it. It's fucking amazing.

Baaaaa says the sheep.

Austerity to any meaningful degree requires sacrifice, and there is not one nickel of sacrifice for wealthy Americans in Romney's 'plans', to the extent his bob and weave vagaries can qualify as 'plans'.

So if sacrifice must be made, and you exempt the Rich,

who's left?

Forum List

Back