Michelle's Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous

No, she allotted it to herself. Cuz she's working so hard and all, and it's so important to her to see those poor people get treated. So she takes 1/4 of the money earmarked for that program as her "salary" and takes a leave of absence.

She sets her own salary?

She sets her own salary?

I have no idea. I assume she has something to do with it.

Point is, she gets $350,000 of the $2 million earmarked for that program. Money neither she nor Obama need...she shuffles the ER patients to OTHER HOSPITALS, which of course costs her program nothing..but doesn't guarantee treatment (and certainly not fast treatment) for the poor people...then she TAKES A LEAVE OF ABSENCE.

There's the way the Obama health care initiative is going to work, folks.

I have no idea. I assume she has something to do with it.

Point is, she gets $350,000 of the $2 million earmarked for that program. Money neither she nor Obama need...she shuffles the ER patients to OTHER HOSPITALS, which of course costs her program nothing..but doesn't guarantee treatment (and certainly not fast treatment) for the poor people...then she TAKES A LEAVE OF ABSENCE.

There's the way the Obama health care initiative is going to work, folks.

You assume she has something to do with it? That's pretty compelling stuff.

Since when did Republicans rail against people earning money that they "don't need?"

She didn't earn it. SHe sent the patients away, she raped the funds, then she took the year off.

I'd have no problem at all with it, if they weren't shrieking that the wealth needs to be "spread around" and those who make the big bucks should pay more than half in taxes.

She didn't earn it. SHe sent the patients away, she raped the funds, then she took the year off.

I'd have no problem at all with it, if they weren't shrieking that the wealth needs to be "spread around" and those who make the big bucks should pay more than half in taxes.

In the free market, you "earn" it if someone is willing to pay it to you.

Who cares if she took leave provided her employer had no objections? That is between her and her employer.

What do her earnings from her employer attained in the free market have to do with taxes provided she is willing to subject herself to those same taxes?

Both Michelle and Barack are accomplished people and appear to be wonderful parents. They deserve our admiration for what they have done with their lives. It is true that Michelle had a substantial raise at her hospital job when Barack became a Senator. Whatever. I began this thread as I just found it a bit ironic considering some of Michelle's "everyone is so down and out and suffering right now" speeches.

Did anyone ever stop to think that the reason Mrs. Obama received a raise after her husband became a Senator was because the place she was working at KNEW she would leave unless there was sufficient financial incentive to stay?

Happens all the time people. Places that you work at which LIKE your work, tend to pay more when there is a chance you may leave. Having your spouse go to Congress is one of those situations.

Both Michelle and Barack are accomplished people and appear to be wonderful parents. They deserve our admiration for what they have done with their lives. It is true that Michelle had a substantial raise at her hospital job when Barack became a Senator. Whatever. I began this thread as I just found it a bit ironic considering some of Michelle's "everyone is so down and out and suffering right now" speeches.

Every successful politician adopts the "people are suffering" message and I bet most of them (Republican and Democrat alike) do understand this and want to change it, even if they themselves are fortunate.

Every successful politician adopts the "people are suffering" message and I bet most of them (Republican and Democrat alike) do understand this and want to change it, even if they themselves are fortunate.

I'll bet Axelrod read her the riot act and sent her back to her room.

Last edited:
In the free market, you "earn" it if someone is willing to pay it to you.

Who cares if she took leave provided her employer had no objections? That is between her and her employer.

What do her earnings from her employer attained in the free market have to do with taxes provided she is willing to subject herself to those same taxes?

No, it's not between her and her employer when she's stumping for health care reform, and complaining about the upper percentage of salary earnings earning "too much". We can see her management of health care reform in the hospital where she managed the program consisted of not working and taking a huge salary, while not improving the care but rather divvying up the poor among OTHER hospitals, to do with as they would. Meanwhile, her husband is declaring that we need to spread the wealth around. When as it turns out, his wife takes a huge cut of money set aside for health care for a ridiculous salary, provides no real service, and takes the year off.

Spread that wealth around, Michelle!

Did anyone ever stop to think that the reason Mrs. Obama received a raise after her husband became a Senator was because the place she was working at KNEW she would leave unless there was sufficient financial incentive to stay?

Happens all the time people. Places that you work at which LIKE your work, tend to pay more when there is a chance you may leave. Having your spouse go to Congress is one of those situations.

There are also benefits to having a staff member whose spouse is a Senator. As long as there isn't an understanding that it is a trade for special treatment, I have no problem with it. In business, connections and relationships matter, even if everything is legitimate and above board.

No, it's not between her and her employer when she's stumping for health care reform, and complaining about the upper percentage of salary earnings earning "too much". We can see her management of health care reform in the hospital where she managed the program consisted of not working and taking a huge salary, while not improving the care but rather divvying up the poor among OTHER hospitals, to do with as they would. Meanwhile, her husband is declaring that we need to spread the wealth around. When as it turns out, his wife takes a huge cut of money set aside for health care for a ridiculous salary, provides no real service, and takes the year off.

Spread that wealth around, Michelle!

It remains between her and her employer. They decide her salary.

I don't think she argues that people earn "too much." She (and her husband) argue that those who earn a lot contribute more to the national welfare. She will pay higher taxes too if she is in the appropriate income bracket.

Whether her salary is ridiculous is for her and her employer to decide. Whether she is providing value for money is for her and her employer to decide. Whether she is taking too much leave is for her and her employer to decide.

In any event, she is not running for public office and she isn't likely to manage health care reform (we have seen how that works out), so what's the problem?

Do you not agree with free markets for labour?

Last edited:
And don't forget Obama attempted to spread a one million dollar earmark to her hospital.

It is a major hospital. It is the kind of entity I would expect would receive government funds.

If there is evidence that something illegal or inappropriate took place, then I would be happy to see it. Otherwise...

Go ahead and ignore it. And try not to think of it if they ever are responsible for trying to balance the budget, and budget the billions of dollars they intend to take from the taxpayers to fund their favorite "programs".

Disproportionate chunks of that money will go to their buddies who are managing them, too.

Obama's a pro at getting a lot of credit for doing essentially nothing at all. Read her dissertation. It's garbage. Look at her performance heading up the hospital program. More garbage.

THOUGH he's battling GOP accusations that he's an Ivy League elitist, Barack Obama has a lifestyle of the rich and famous, like TV show host Robin Leach, who always signed off, "Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!" While he was at a meeting at the Waldorf-Astoria at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Michelle Obama called room service and ordered lobster hors d'oeuvres, two whole steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar and champagne, a tipster told Page Six.

Story here

would it be okay if i don't give a flying fuck?
thx

Go ahead and ignore it. And try not to think of it if they ever are responsible for trying to balance the budget, and budget the billions of dollars they intend to take from the taxpayers to fund their favorite "programs".

Disproportionate chunks of that money will go to their buddies who are managing them, too.

Obama's a pro at getting a lot of credit for doing essentially nothing at all. Read her dissertation. It's garbage. Look at her performance heading up the hospital program. More garbage.

Ignore what, that she has a high salary? So?

They? I don't believe part of her mandate as First Lady will be to balance the budget.

Please excuse me if I am not willing to take your word on the merits of her Ivy League dissertation written in 1985 - either as to its quality or what it says about her acumen today. Part of me doubts that you would be able to understand if it were brilliant.

A link to it was posted on this site.

It was idiotic. I could have written a better one when I was 10. Her hypothesis was that people who hang out with a certain group are more comfortable within that group than in a different group.

Bravo, Michelle.

Forum List

Back