Is a government handout a tax cut?

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
I've asked this question to some of the Obama supporters here but have yet to get an answer.

Much of the 95% of Obama's "tax cuts" are actually government handouts which will total out to nearly a trillion in new government spending.

Personally I think it is a scandal that Obama gets away with calling government handouts "tax cuts".

Am I wrong?

I've asked this question to some of the Obama supporters here but have yet to get an answer.

Much of the 95% of Obama's "tax cuts" are actually government handouts which will total out to nearly a trillion in new government spending.

Personally I think it is a scandal that Obama gets away with calling government handouts "tax cuts".

Am I wrong?
I don't know. How, in your words, do you feel tax cuts are government handouts?

I don't know. How, in your words, do you feel tax cuts are government handouts?

They aren't.

However government handouts are NOT tax cuts. Obama's "tax plan" consists in a large part of government handouts which he counts as "tax cuts".

40% of the people in the country do not pay taxes yet they will receive a "tax cut". How? Simple: They get government handouts.

It's a bunch of Obama mumbo jumbo double talk.

Does that mean Exxon Mobile has gotten huge handouts?

Oh wait... it does. :eusa_whistle:

This is the basic problem with Liberals. They think that if a person or company gets to KEEP more of their OWN money it's a handout.

The profit margins for oil companies is LESS then many industries including most software companies.

So why aren't you demanding that Apple or Microsoft pay more taxes?

They aren't.

However government handouts are NOT tax cuts. Obama's "tax plan" consists in a large part of government handouts which he counts as "tax cuts".

40% of the people in the country do not pay taxes yet they will receive a "tax cut". How? Simple: They get government handouts.

It's a bunch of Obama mumbo jumbo double talk.
mmm...I guess you'll have to ask AllieBaba.

Forum List

Back