Do you remember 1992?

Huey

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2012
Earth
Do you remember the LA riots? Do you remember why it started? Did you wonder why that truck driver stopped and got out of his truck? What was he delivering,his own azz whupping thats what. The cops whupped Rodney Kings azz,so the brothers whupped every greyboy that came into the area.What were those greyboys thinking,that the Brothers were supposed to be afraid of them.Well they soon learned just the opposite didn't they now.

Do you remember the LA riots? Do you remember why it started? Did you wonder why that truck driver stopped and got out of his truck? What was he delivering,his own azz whupping thats what. The cops whupped Rodney Kings azz,so the brothers whupped every greyboy that came into the area.What were those greyboys thinking,that the Brothers were supposed to be afraid of them.Well they soon learned just the opposite didn't they now.

I remember like it was yesterday. I was there in L.A. Trying to get my elderly aunt and uncle out of their house and get them to safety. As far as the truck driver, i would prefer to remember the good people who helped him and probably saved his life.

Good Samaritans Who Saved Reginald Denny Are Heroes of L.A. Riots

COMMENTARY | The most defining moment of the Los Angeles riots was the beating of Reginald Denny. The white truck driver was in the wrong place at the worst time. He was severely beaten at the onset of the riots. The story of what happened to him is the ultimate contrast between those who would seek to harm an innocent person, and those who would risk their lives to help a complete stranger.

Denny drove through the intersection of Florence and Normandie as the riots were getting underway. He was pulled from the cab of his truck and beaten by rioters. Damian Williams used a cinder block to beat Denny in the head, according to Time magazine. Henry Keith Watson stood on the man's neck. Another man, who was wearing a Malcolm X T-shirt, hit Denny with a hammer, reported People magazine. The actions of these men were caught on camera, and the whole nation watched the horrifying beating unfold in real time. The only crime that Denny had committed was being a white man in Los Angeles.

Titus Murphy was one of the people watching the news of the riots unfold on TV. He saw Denny being beaten, and he felt that he needed to do something, according to The Lookout. He and his girlfriend at the time, Terri Barnett, decided to drive to the scene to try to help. Murphy climbed on to Denny's truck cab, and saw the man had managed to get back into his truck.

Another Good Samaritan, Lei Yuille, was tending to the beaten man inside of the cab. A fourth person was on the other side of the truck, also trying to help. That man, Bobby Green, was a truck driver. He managed to steer the semi behind Barnett's car. They drove through the riots and brought Denny to the hospital.

All of the people who helped Denny had seen the beating while they were at home, and they all left the safety of their houses to help a complete stranger. The Good Samaritans were black. They paid no notice to the fact that they could have been hurt as well. Four white men beat Rodney King within an inch of his life and never showed any remorse. Four blacks risked life and limb to save a white man from certain death. If there anything positive came out of the riots, it would have to be the actions of these fine people.

I was a tractor,trailer driver for 15 years,my dispatch told me if he were in the same position as Denny he would have drove thru that scene with his windows and doors locked.He said he would have ran over anybody who was in the path of his rig.The rigs we drove weighed 81,000 lbs.nothing could stop us when we got that rig rolling.I know I had run over all types of animals on the highways,and no Black crowd of people were going to stop me.There would have been rivers of blood flowing down the street.

Forum List

Back