Michelle Obama:"All this for just a flag"

Wow....Obamacare ruled Constitutional and Wingnuts retaliate with lies that Michelle Obama hates the flag

Did anyone expect more?

Wow. You're missing the point of the thread. It's about symbols and how we relate to them and how we react if someone doesn't or doesn't appear to show the same reverance to the symbol as we do.

Aye carumba! I don't even remember hearing about this before but it was the perfect example to put in the OP.

I really don't like my flag The design sucks. Love my country to death, but the design is lamo.

But there would be Canucks out there ready to kick the shit out of me for criticizing the design.

Chris Jericho got a suspension and was almost thrown in jail in Brazil for kicking the Brazilian flag during a wrestling match.

See what I mean? Have we become too serious about symbols? I did like the author of the articles explaination though of why symbols matter.

I'm divided still though. And I'm as patriotic as they come.

Your timing is impecable

Resurect a debunked youtube ........

Wow....Obamacare ruled Constitutional and Wingnuts retaliate with lies that Michelle Obama hates the flag

Did anyone expect more?

Wow. You're missing the point of the thread. It's about symbols and how we relate to them and how we react if someone doesn't or doesn't appear to show the same reverance to the symbol as we do.

Aye carumba! I don't even remember hearing about this before but it was the perfect example to put in the OP.

I really don't like my flag The design sucks. Love my country to death, but the design is lamo.

But there would be Canucks out there ready to kick the shit out of me for criticizing the design.

Chris Jericho got a suspension and was almost thrown in jail in Brazil for kicking the Brazilian flag during a wrestling match.

See what I mean? Have we become too serious about symbols? I did like the author of the articles explaination though of why symbols matter.

I'm divided still though. And I'm as patriotic as they come.

Your timing is impecable

Resurect a debunked youtube ........

You still haven't obviously read my posts. And I missed the obvious bizarro incident last year. I just brought it up as the perfect example of how worlds apart we can be regarding national symbols (whether she said it or not is of no issue to me).

I guess because we just recently had the incident where we were witnessing adults screaming at children for singing "God bless the USA", a Principal who was under fire for banning the song, politicians getting involved and basically all hell breaking loose over patriotism and symbols of patriotism it really just gave me pause for thought and questioning how we relate to symbols.

The thread isn't about Michelle at all. It was just a perfect example for the thread and the topic.

Forum List

Back