Michelle Bachman's crazy tirade raises $400,000 for her opponent

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Following Rep. Michele Bachmann’s appearance with Chris Matthews yesterday, America is learning what many in Minnesota already knew, which is that putting Bachmann in front of a live microphone is like handing an excitable 15-year-old a bottle of gin and a loaded gun. The only question is when something unspeakable is going to happen.

Bachmann is no stranger to the hysterical off-the-cuff reaction. In her BC (Before Congress) incarnation, perhaps the most celebrated instance of Michele being Michele was a bizarre 2005 incident in a little town called Scandia. At the conclusion of a heated town meeting, then-state Sen. Bachmann retreated to a bathroom, where a couple of her constituents followed to continue the argument.

Then, according to a police report (PDF) that Bachmann later filed with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:

BACHMAN [sic] STATED THAT WHEN SHE WAS GETTING READY TO LEAVE SHE WENT TO THE RESTROOM. SENATOR BACHMAN STATED THAT WHEN SHE WAS TRYING TO LEAVE THE RESTROOM, 2 WOMEN BLOCKED IN AND TOLD HER THEY WANTED TO CONTINUE TALKING. SEN BACHMAN STATED SHE WAS AFRAID AND SCREAMED FOR HELP. THE 2 WOMEN LET HER LEAVE THE RESTROOM WHEN SHE SCREAMED. THE WOMEN ARE BELIEVED TO BE W/ THE GLBT GROUP.

In short, Michele Bachmann claimed to have been briefly kidnapped, and caused to fear for her safety, by a pair of argumentative lesbian constituents. The incident never resulted in charges, in part because Bachmann’s own account of it kept shifting. (The Dump Bachmann blog has a good contemporaneous summary.)

Shortly after arriving in Congress, Bachmann briefly made headlines by revealing to St. Cloud Times reporter Lawrence Schumacher that the US government had agreed to a secret plan to turn half of Iraq over to Iran: “There is already agreement made,” said Bachmann. “They are going to get half of Iraq, and that is going to be a terrorist safe haven zone where they can go ahead and bring about more attacks in the Middle East, and come against the United States.”

Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. Michele Bachmann’s Hardball blowup: Minnesotans knew it was only a matter of time

A statement from her opponent El Tinklenberg:

"24 hours ago, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann announced that all those who disagree with her are “Anti-American.” Since then, the outpouring of support for my campaign has been extraordinary. Since Congresswoman Bachmann’s outrageous remarks, my campaign has raised $438,346.57, and we’re working to reach $500,000 by 5 p.m. today. Congresswoman Bachmann’s extreme ideology divides people, but her comments on MSNBC’s Hardball have united all of those who believe that I will jump start the ecomomy on Main Street by creating jobs and rebuilding our infrastructure. As a Minister and Mayor, I brought people together. I believe that we build by addition, not division. I want to thank you all. It is now clear that we have the momentum to win and I ask for your financial support. I will keep everyone posted."

http://minnesotaindependent.com/13730/tinklenberg-we-raised-438k-since-3-pm-friday

SENATOR BACHMAN STATED THAT WHEN SHE WAS TRYING TO LEAVE THE RESTROOM, 2 WOMEN BLOCKED IN AND TOLD HER THEY WANTED TO CONTINUE TALKING. SEN BACHMAN STATED SHE WAS AFRAID AND SCREAMED FOR HELP. .......In short, Michele Bachmann claimed to have been briefly kidnapped, and caused to fear for her safety, by a pair of argumentative lesbian constituents.

:lol: This is good stuff.

Its a good metaphor for why I like strong, lefty women. Remember that incident with Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney? When that cop grabbed her did she "scream" for help? Fuck no, she sucker punched him. :lol:

yeah, I think this is the same lady who blamed the housing crisis on blacks too.

Following Rep. Michele Bachmann’s appearance with Chris Matthews yesterday, America is learning what many in Minnesota already knew, which is that putting Bachmann in front of a live microphone is like handing an excitable 15-year-old a bottle of gin and a loaded gun. The only question is when something unspeakable is going to happen.

Bachmann is no stranger to the hysterical off-the-cuff reaction. In her BC (Before Congress) incarnation, perhaps the most celebrated instance of Michele being Michele was a bizarre 2005 incident in a little town called Scandia. At the conclusion of a heated town meeting, then-state Sen. Bachmann retreated to a bathroom, where a couple of her constituents followed to continue the argument.

Then, according to a police report (PDF) that Bachmann later filed with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:

BACHMAN [sic] STATED THAT WHEN SHE WAS GETTING READY TO LEAVE SHE WENT TO THE RESTROOM. SENATOR BACHMAN STATED THAT WHEN SHE WAS TRYING TO LEAVE THE RESTROOM, 2 WOMEN BLOCKED IN AND TOLD HER THEY WANTED TO CONTINUE TALKING. SEN BACHMAN STATED SHE WAS AFRAID AND SCREAMED FOR HELP. THE 2 WOMEN LET HER LEAVE THE RESTROOM WHEN SHE SCREAMED. THE WOMEN ARE BELIEVED TO BE W/ THE GLBT GROUP.

In short, Michele Bachmann claimed to have been briefly kidnapped, and caused to fear for her safety, by a pair of argumentative lesbian constituents. The incident never resulted in charges, in part because Bachmann’s own account of it kept shifting. (The Dump Bachmann blog has a good contemporaneous summary.)

Shortly after arriving in Congress, Bachmann briefly made headlines by revealing to St. Cloud Times reporter Lawrence Schumacher that the US government had agreed to a secret plan to turn half of Iraq over to Iran: “There is already agreement made,” said Bachmann. “They are going to get half of Iraq, and that is going to be a terrorist safe haven zone where they can go ahead and bring about more attacks in the Middle East, and come against the United States.”

Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. Michele Bachmann’s Hardball blowup: Minnesotans knew it was only a matter of time

Now what exactly did she say that was so offensive? I mean she's from Minnosota... That same state just put te first Muslim in congress and will vote to elect a radical Muslim Marxist to the office of the US Presidency, just 7 years after the US was attacked BY radical Muslim Marxists... and is PRESENTLY AT WAR WITH SAME.

And please don't repost your URL... just tell me what it is you think she said that was responsible for the 'outrage.' As for the leftist asserting that he raised half a meg because of her comments... he's a leftists, and as such, much like yourself this would mean he's not very bright and prone to misrepresenting the facts for the purposes of propping up ideological delusions.

yeah, I think this is the same lady who blamed the housing crisis on blacks too.

I don't think that is what she did... I think she blamed it on black leftists... which is true... to the extent that black leftists are in large measure the ones that demanded that the US Government take measures to manipulate the private sector, forcing lending standards to be lowered to accommodate those that cannot qualifiy for a mortgage... this on specious PC grounds.

Now that is an incontestable fact... the CBC was up to their black communist asses in the mortgage meltdown and to suggest otherwise is either throughly dishonest, stupefyingly ignorant or both... which woul dbe the default leftist position on pretty much everything.

You don't know what your talking about. The CRA was started in 1977. If you read the actual percent of those defaulting today, you will find out that the minorities are a minority. There were more control with these loans than with the general loans in the last few years. All you had to do is say you were a "whatever" and they caluclated what you could make as a "whatever" and then gave you the loan.

Now what exactly did she say that was so offensive? I mean she's from Minnosota... That same state just put te first Muslim in congress and will vote to elect a radical Muslim Marxist to the office of the US Presidency, just 7 years after the US was attacked BY radical Muslim Marxists... and is PRESENTLY AT WAR WITH SAME. Really sharp. Your own fucking party has attacked him for attending a Christian Church because of the Reverend Wright and you still believe he is muslim.

I watched her and listend to her when she was first on Hardball. She is an idealogue who hates the left and wants the liberal elected officials investigated for being un American. It was liking watching a wind up litttle robot. Sort of Sarah really, but even worse if you can imagine tht.

I really don't give a shit what you think about the left, she is stupid, looney, hateful and more repsentative of Germany in the 40s than our country.
QUOTE]

Most important, the lenders subject to CRA have engaged in less, not more, of the most dangerous lending. Janet Yellen, president of the San Francisco Federal Reserve, offers the killer statistic: Independent mortgage companies, which are not covered by CRA, made high-priced loans at more than twice the rate of the banks and thrifts. With this in mind, Yellen specifically rejects the “tendency to conflate the current problems in the sub-prime market with CRA-motivated lending.? CRA, Yellen says, “has increased the volume of responsible lending to low- and moderate-income households.”

Yellen is hardly alone in concluding that the real problems came from the institutions beyond the reach of CRA. One of the only regulators who long ago saw the current crisis coming was the late Ned Gramlich, a former Fed governor. While Alan Greenspan was cheering the sub-prime boom, Gramlich warned of its risks and unsuccessfully pushed for greater supervision of bank affiliates. But Gramlich praised CRA, saying last year, “banks have made many low- and moderate-income mortgages to fulfill their CRA obligations, they have found default rates pleasantly low, and they generally charge low mortgages rates. Thirty years later, CRA has become very good business.”

It’s telling that, amid all the recent recriminations, even lenders have not fingered CRA. That’s because CRA didn’t bring about the reckless lending at the heart of the crisis. Just as sub-prime lending was exploding, CRA was losing force and relevance. And the worst offenders, the independent mortgage companies, were never subject to CRA — or any federal regulator. Law didn’t make them lend. The profit motive did.

And that is not political correctness. It is correctness.

ArchPundit | Daily Dolt: Illinois Review AKA The New Protocols of the Elders of Zion

Forum List

Back