Miami might be fools gold

It will be interesting to see how they fare against Cleveland next Sunday. They are currently the #1 defense in the league.
Historically Lamar Jackson loves to see Browns jerseys.

I’m not expecting victory, but I’m expecting to have a good shot. I’d say odds to win are 65-35% Ravens as it stands. It’s still tragic what happened to Chubb, and Cleveland lost 2 offensive linemen and a WR this past week

Hey, I'm just thinking, "who can beat my Lions if they make it to the Superbowl?" The Ravens whipped us. And we're a good team this year. They made us look like Dallas when they lost to the 49rs 10 to 42.
The Lions are like the Bengals a few years ago. it takes more than a year to expel the stink that’s built up on you over the decades since Barry Sanders. The Bengals are a legit team now, no longer a joke

You guys are good, but you’re still the Lions. As a Browns fan, even if we start getting REALLY good, we still have to rid ourselves of the putrid Odor from decades of stink.

The Lions are like the Bengals a few years ago. it takes more than a year to expel the stink that’s built up on you over the decades since Barry Sanders. The Bengals are a legit team now, no longer a joke

You guys are good, but you’re still the Lions. As a Browns fan, even if we start getting REALLY good, we still have to rid ourselves of the putrid Odor from decades of stink.
Let's be honest. You only have a couple years. Maybe 3. Usually good teams fall apart after that. People retire, get injured or get traded. And other teams get better.

So the current Lion's team has next year and the year after that to make it happen. That's it. I don't think we are a dynasty like the Chiefs.

Chiefs' unprecedented, five straight AFC Championship games at home

The Bengals still stink.

Wow. You called it
That one was fairly predictable, IMO. Statistical law of average.

The other one that I was surprised at was everyone being all over Jacksonvilles jock and calling them
"The "Hottest Team in the NFL".

The Niners got healthy, re-energized, and manhandled them, just as I thought they would.

That one was fairly predictable, IMO. Statistical law of average.

The other one that I was surprised at was everyone being all over Jacksonvilles jock and calling them
"The "Hottest Team in the NFL".

The Niners got healthy, re-energized, and manhandled them, just as I thought they would.
I like Trevor Lawrence.

49rs are great if everyone is healthy. iF. And most teams are beat up at the end of the year. They aren’t a good next man up type team.

They made the Super Bowl.. you guys can’t win a single playoff game even when the rarity happens
1699905712947.png

Funny line, but not true
I would love for the Lion's to fail in the Superbowl like Cinci did. It would have been worth more if you had home field advantage. I'm hoping Detroit has home court advantage at least up until the NFC championship game. LOL. God willing.

Remember this? For the first time since the 1988-89 season, the Bengals are headed to the Super Bowl. They pulled that off by defeating Las Vegas in the wild-card round before hitting the road to knock off the AFC's No. 1 seed, Tennessee, in the divisional round and the AFC's No. 2 seed, Kansas City, in Sunday's AFC title game.

So you guys only had 1 home playoff game.

I wonder what all the other ways you guys benefited by making it to the Superbowl. How much does the team get for an away playoff game? I would love to know.

Remember 30 years ago, when they lost to the San Francisco 49ers 20-16 in Super Bowl XXIII

49ers: Both times the Bengals have reached the Super Bowl –– 1981 and 1988 –– they played the 49ers. They lost on both occasions.

No. 1 pick: Joe Burrow is the first No. 1 overall pick to play in a Super Bowl in his first two years in the NFL.

What if he never makes it back?

I would love for the Lion's to fail in the Superbowl like Cinci did. It would have been worth more if you had home field advantage. I'm hoping Detroit has home court advantage at least up until the NFC championship game. LOL. God willing.

Remember this? For the first time since the 1988-89 season, the Bengals are headed to the Super Bowl. They pulled that off by defeating Las Vegas in the wild-card round before hitting the road to knock off the AFC's No. 1 seed, Tennessee, in the divisional round and the AFC's No. 2 seed, Kansas City, in Sunday's AFC title game.

So you guys only had 1 home playoff game.

I wonder what all the other ways you guys benefited by making it to the Superbowl. How much does the team get for an away playoff game? I would love to know.

Remember 30 years ago, when they lost to the San Francisco 49ers 20-16 in Super Bowl XXIII

49ers: Both times the Bengals have reached the Super Bowl –– 1981 and 1988 –– they played the 49ers. They lost on both occasions.

No. 1 pick: Joe Burrow is the first No. 1 overall pick to play in a Super Bowl in his first two years in the NFL.

What if he never makes it back?
1. I'm not a Bengals fan, I'm straight Browns.
2. Yes, the Bengals lost in Super Bowls to the niners... nothing to be ashamed about.
3. Yes, Burrow was close and who knows if he'll make it back. Dan Marino said once that when he made it in his second year he assumed he would have plenty more chances. He never did.

My point is that the Bengals were a laughing stock for decades with a small come-uppance with Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, etc (with first round exits in the playoffs). It takes time to get the stink off a team as far as perception. Teams like the Lions, the Browns.. they've been bad for so long that it takes more than a season to get the respect. The Bengals were in the same class as us, but when you make a Super Bowl you're legit. The Browns had a shot a few years ago when they beat Pittsburgh and then barely lost to Kansas City. But, not good enough.

2. Yes, the Bengals lost in Super Bowls to the niners... nothing to be ashamed about.
3. Yes, Burrow was close and who knows if he'll make it back. Dan Marino said once that when he made it in his second year he assumed he would have plenty more chances. He never did.

My point is that the Bengals were a laughing stock for decades with a small come-uppance with Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, etc (with first round exits in the playoffs). It takes time to get the stink off a team as far as perception. Teams like the Lions, the Browns.. they've been bad for so long that it takes more than a season to get the respect. The Bengals were in the same class as us, but when you make a Super Bowl you're legit. The Browns had a shot a few years ago when they beat Pittsburgh and then barely lost to Kansas City. But, not good enough.
How many teams who are “good” win their first year. Without having to suffer a loss in the playoffs the year before.

Remember that great Bears team with coach Ditka? I wonder how good they were the year before that amazing season. I’ll go look

Even the Bears prove you right.

1984?

The Bears went on to lose in the NFC Championship Game 23-0 to the eventual Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers.

The next year they only lost 1 regular season game to Miami. Probably Dan Marino

I can't wait for Bengals Ravens tomorrow. That will be a good game.

It's possible Miami isnt as good as they appeared. The 3 teams they've beaten are a combined 4-9. The Pats only win vs the ARless Jets, Denver's only win against the winless Bears (and they almost lost that game), the Chargers almost lost to the Raiders today with a rookie QB. Buffalo is a very good team but they demolished Miami. Time will tell but those wins dont look nearly as impressive now as they did just a few weeks ago.
I think Miami has been scouted fairly well since they’re undefeated start to the season

Forum List

Back