Miami might be fools gold

1. I'm not a Bengals fan, I'm straight Browns.
2. Yes, the Bengals lost in Super Bowls to the niners... nothing to be ashamed about.
3. Yes, Burrow was close and who knows if he'll make it back. Dan Marino said once that when he made it in his second year he assumed he would have plenty more chances. He never did.

My point is that the Bengals were a laughing stock for decades with a small come-uppance with Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, etc (with first round exits in the playoffs). It takes time to get the stink off a team as far as perception. Teams like the Lions, the Browns.. they've been bad for so long that it takes more than a season to get the respect. The Bengals were in the same class as us, but when you make a Super Bowl you're legit. The Browns had a shot a few years ago when they beat Pittsburgh and then barely lost to Kansas City. But, not good enough.
Looks like the Bengals are cooked. They arent built to win without Burrow under center. The Brown probably can’t win a SB with a backup QB but they can make the POs with thar defense as long as the QB doesn’t lose them the game.

Looks like the Bengals are cooked. They arent built to win without Burrow under center. The Brown probably can’t win a SB with a backup QB but they can make the POs with thar defense as long as the QB doesn’t lose them the game.
They’re bringing in Flacco for a workout.. I thought he was damaged goods but he didn’t look half bad on the Jets

If you’re hanging your hopes on Flacco it’s dire times.
Not as dire as having an inexperienced, unproven, poorly performing rookie

If Flacco is 75% of his prime, we can make the playoffs.. elite defenses elevate average QB play. See early Tom Brady

Not as dire as having an inexperienced, unproven, poorly performing rookie

If Flacco is 75% of his prime, we can make the playoffs.. elite defenses elevate average QB play. See early Tom Brady
To what end though? With Watson healthy the Browns might have been a fringe SB contender. They might make the PO with Flacco though that’s highly questionable. Or they can see what the rookie they drafted might actually be. If you thought there was a chance to make a deep PO run by bringing in Flacco maybe but that’s not real. Flacco is almost a decade removed from being a good qb. He was never great he just had a phenomenal defense in Baltimore.

To what end though? With Watson healthy the Browns might have been a fringe SB contender. They might make the PO with Flacco though that’s highly questionable. Or they can see what the rookie they drafted might actually be. If you thought there was a chance to make a deep PO run by bringing in Flacco maybe but that’s not real. Flacco is almost a decade removed from being a good qb. He was never great he just had a phenomenal defense in Baltimore.
We saw both QBs the browns have already. They both bombed. If you have an elite defense, you go get a QB that has experience and the proven capability to be effective in the NFL.

Flacco won’t light things up, but he’s seen it all, and can keep mistakes down and probably make a few big throws when needed

We saw both QBs the browns have already. They both bombed. If you have an elite defense, you go get a QB that has experience and the proven capability to be effective in the NFL.

Flacco won’t light things up, but he’s seen it all, and can keep mistakes down and probably make a few big throws when needed
The rookie played 1 game with zero notice. He didn’t find out he was starting until a couple hours before the game. Against Baltimore who has one of the best defenses in the league. That doesnt seem like much of a shot.

What are the chances the Browns win a SB with Flacco as QB? Keeping in mind he hasn’t been any good for the better part of a decade and was never all that good to begin with.

This is desperate and a mistake IMO. They drafted the kid let him play. Why did they keep him on the roster if he wasn’t good enough to play in the event Watson went down?

The rookie played 1 game with zero notice. He didn’t find out he was starting until a couple hours before the game. Against Baltimore who has one of the best defenses in the league. That doesnt seem like much of a shot.

What are the chances the Browns win a SB with Flacco as QB? Keeping in mind he hasn’t been any good for the better part of a decade and was never all that good to begin with.

This is desperate and a mistake IMO. They drafted the kid let him play. Why did they keep him on the roster if he wasn’t good enough to play in the event Watson went down?

Flacco played relatively acceptable the past 3 years for minimal games with the Jets:

2022 5 games 5 TD 3 INT
2021 2 games 3 TD 0 INT
2020 5 games 6 TD 3 INT

Last 12 games 14 TD 6 INT… hes been serviceable.

Meanwhile, the browns have to strike now while they have people under contract and have this defense. They can’t wait 2 years to develop a young 5th round rookie. They were built with a 3 year window

Flacco played relatively acceptable the past 3 years for minimal games with the Jets:

2022 5 games 5 TD 3 INT
2021 2 games 3 TD 0 INT
2020 5 games 6 TD 3 INT

Last 12 games 14 TD 6 INT… hes been serviceable.

Meanwhile, the browns have to strike now while they have people under contract and have this defense. They can’t wait 2 years to develop a young 5th round rookie. They were built with a 3 year window
Flacco isnt winning you SB. The defense is good but it ain’t that good. So what’s the upside? Why not give the rookie the experience?

Flacco isnt winning you SB. The defense is good but it ain’t that good. So what’s the upside? Why not give the rookie the experience?
Because a 5th round pick out of UCLA who throws 3 INT's in his debut, having his confidence crushed, isn't someone who coaches and personnel can rely on to save their jobs, that's why.

And as a fan, I don't want to rely on it either.

It would be different if we were the same ol' 6 win Browns.. yea, give the guy a chance. But we are 6-3 and have a chance to make the playoffs. We need someone who can lead, has proven playoff experience under pressure. You seem whimsical, like you you're reading a fairytale. The Browns have to win now.

Flacco can get us to the playoffs... once you're in, anything can happen, even fairtytales. But if you rely on a fairytale to make the playoffs, you probably will be on the outside looking in.

The Cheeta just scored at WASH. I think they ran a full Broadway play celebration in the endzone. At least up to 1st intermission. lol!

Titans

Dolphins
27 Losing by 1 point. Great game as was the green bay/ game. I hope Dolphins don't lose from now on. Jets are next.

Dolphins deserved to lose the game, pranciing around as if it were over w/ their stupid choreographed celebrations! It's all KARMA IMB as Tyreek's now injured even though on pace to get to 2000 K yards! He should've stayed in KC which might have immortalized him w/ Mahomes! What a tool! :stir: :D:dunno:;):nono:

They made the Super Bowl.. you guys can’t win a single playoff game even when the rarity happens
I just heard that this is the year the Bengals are supposed to win it all. If not this year, they can't possibly keep all the talent they have right now. Too many great guys are going to be leaving next year.

How come this doesn't happen to Mahomes? How come he doesn't lose a bunch of players and his team falls apart? Is Cinci not a big enough market with deep enough pockets? Or New England. How did they keep it together for years?

But I thought about you yesterday when they said this. Sucks for Bengals fans the year they're supposed to win it all, Burrows is hurt.

Reminds me of Stafford. Rams were designed to win it one year. They knew they wouldn't be as good the following year. They're lucky they kept Aaron Donald. I think he was going to retire?

I think the Jets were designed to win it all this year?

How many years does Josh Allen's Bills have?

Cowboys?

Good thing about the Lion's is we are good AND young.

I just heard that this is the year the Bengals are supposed to win it all. If not this year, they can't possibly keep all the talent they have right now. Too many great guys are going to be leaving next year.

How come this doesn't happen to Mahomes? How come he doesn't lose a bunch of players and his team falls apart? Is Cinci not a big enough market with deep enough pockets? Or New England. How did they keep it together for years?

But I thought about you yesterday when they said this. Sucks for Bengals fans the year they're supposed to win it all, Burrows is hurt.

Reminds me of Stafford. Rams were designed to win it one year. They knew they wouldn't be as good the following year. They're lucky they kept Aaron Donald. I think he was going to retire?

I think the Jets were designed to win it all this year?

How many years does Josh Allen's Bills have?

Cowboys?

Good thing about the Lion's is we are good AND young.
Based on our recent convo, one thing is for sure.

If white males own these corporate teams, they are surely racist, sexist homophobes.

Right?

Based on our recent convo, one thing is for sure.

If white males own these corporate teams, they are surely racist, sexist homophobes.

Right?

The Dallas owner compared his players to slaves. Or he considers them his slaves. To be bought and sold.

How about Sterling? The guy who owned the Clippers? Yes, racist AF.

Most billionaire white dudes who own a sport team, probably at least as racist as the average person right? Probably more. But they look down on all of us.

The Dallas owner compared his players to slaves. Or he considers them his slaves. To be bought and sold.
Proof? LOL.

And wait, does he only employ black players? (No.. so bye bye narrative)
How about Sterling? The guy who owned the Clippers? Yes, racist AF.
One guy out of 100’s of professional teams.. wow. You sure proved your point (not)
Most billionaire white dudes who own a sport team, probably at least as racist as the average person right? Probably more. But they look down on all of us.
Do you think the average person is racist?

Proof? LOL.

And wait, does he only employ black players? (No.. so bye bye narrative)

One guy out of 100’s of professional teams.. wow. You sure proved your point (not)

Do you think the average person is racist?
I'm just saying the owner of the Cowboys treats his players like he owns them. In many ways. And one of the reasons he loves owning these big black bucks is that it makes him feel like a plantation owner.

Yes most people are racist. I'm a liberal and I'm racist. I don't completely disagree with you cons when it comes to black people.

A lesson in plantation politics from Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones​

The NFL is guilty of a plantation mentality that is diminishing the humanity of black players who dare to exercise their Constitutional rights to peacefully protest injustice and inequality in America.​

The Dallas Cowboys, led by owner Jerry Jones, take a knee before the national anthem at last...

Evidently, if Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has his way, our nation now has a new litmus test for patriotism: Salute the flag or suffer.

Luckily, the league won't shoot its kneeling players in the head — as one of our town's most visible preachers said might happen if the players carried on this way in North Korea. But it seems hell-bent on shaming and sullying them into submission.

What we are seeing is plantation politics at its finest: A ruling class of wealthy white owners — with Jones as its front man — unwilling to meet black players halfway.

I thought Jones was on the right track last month when he locked arms with his players and took a knee before the national anthem was played. Figured he was looking for middle ground, a way to let the players stand — or kneel — on the principle for which they're advocating while placating fans upset with what they consider a disrespect of the flag.

Instead, Jones called a trick play. His kneeling with his players before the Arizona Cardinals game was a one-and-done publicity stunt aimed at putting an end to the protests rather than propagating genuine solidarity.

Jones may think he's doing black football players a favor by holding a whip over their heads — threatening to bench anyone who refuses to stand during the national anthem — if they cross the line.

But what he's doing is feeding the racist vitriol that too long has divided this country: The people who shamelessly tell young black athletes to "go back to Africa" if they don't want to salute the flag.

And, my favorite, the people who are quick to call Colin Kaepernick — the former San Francisco quarterback who became the face of these protests — and others "ungrateful" for daring to exercise their freedom of speech rather than just worshiping the mighty dollar.

Let me ask you something. When is the right time for black people to protest?

I'm a liberal and I'm racist.
That’s a problem. Why don’t you stop being that way? And how is it that you can be a self-identifying racist yet go around condemning people for racial issues??

But at least you own your racism that I’ve been pointing out. Now, how do we change your racist thinking?

Forum List

Back