NHRA Pro Stock MC Rider Injured

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
1696179246799.png

Angie Smith went down on her Pro Stock bike. For some strange reason there is no video of her going down at the end of her 198 mph qualifying run. Supposedly she went down close to the catch netting unaware by the announcer and cameras???
She is in hospital with 2 broken feet and needs skin grafts.

1696179821540.png

View attachment 836800

Angie Smith went down on her Pro Stock bike. For some strange reason there is no video of her going down at the end of her 198 mph qualifying run. Supposedly she went down close to the catch netting unaware by the announcer and cameras???
She is in hospital with 2 broken feet and needs skin grafts.

View attachment 836804
It is seldom that something goes wrong with those bikes but, at 200 mph, when it does go sidewise, it's bad. I'll pray for her recovery and am thankful it wasn't worse.

Drag racing, for whatever reason, is one of the sports where women compete equally with men. My guess would be that body strength and endurance are not a requirement.

It is seldom that something goes wrong with those bikes but, at 200 mph, when it does go sidewise, it's bad. I'll pray for her recovery and am thankful it wasn't worse.

Drag racing, for whatever reason, is one of the sports where women compete equally with men. My guess would be that body strength and endurance are not a requirement.

Reflexes matter more, yes.

Forum List

Back