MI Moving to a Right to Work State!!! Congrats!!!

isnt it funny that the only time progressives seem to only like workers when they are the ones who tell them what to do? They say they are all about empowering workers and yet work diligently to make sure they do not have any choices.... It is sick.

The worker this, the worker that, blahblahblah. It's fucking tiresome because just about everybody who spews that bullshit hasn't been a goddamn worker in a REAL goddamn fucking union in a real fucking job. Your little Grocery Baggers United ain't shit.

I have worked for three separate unions in my life......I grew up in Michigan and know all about REAL union jobs. Cant plug in a machine cause you need a union skill labor electrician look at it and then get another union electrician to plug it in AND then yet another electrician from the union to check their work and maybe in three hours you can use the machine that just needed to be plugged in. Where all good work is punished and all mediocre work is rewarded...The greediest people are unions and their members....So greeedy they dont care if ever6yone is laid off as long as they think they deserve more.

I have no problem with right to work. But those who do not wish to join unions should not reap the benefits of union collective bargaining. Let them negotiate pay, etc. individually with their employers. And not receive the benefits of union protection in the form of advice, lawyers etc.

we all do that ...... I don't need some fat bastard taking my hard earned money to do something I can do better.

isnt it funny that the only time progressives seem to only like workers when they are the ones who tell them what to do? They say they are all about empowering workers and yet work diligently to make sure they do not have any choices.... It is sick.

The worker this, the worker that, blahblahblah. It's fucking tiresome because just about everybody who spews that bullshit hasn't been a goddamn worker in a REAL goddamn fucking union in a real fucking job. Your little Grocery Baggers United ain't shit.

I have worked for three separate unions in my life......I grew up in Michigan and know all about REAL union jobs. Cant plug in a machine cause you need a union skill labor electrician look at it and then get another union electrician to plug it in AND then yet another electrician from the union to check their work and maybe in three hours you can use the machine that just needed to be plugged in. Where all good work is punished and all mediocre work is rewarded...The greediest people are unions and their members....So greeedy they dont care if ever6yone is laid off as long as they think they deserve more.

I met some great people during my time in the Teamsters (UPS), and I met some shit bags. 'Hey, why you workin so hard?!' was heard all the time. I was fine with unions then, barring the occasional asshole. When I started work rodbusting, my boss had us working on a union site once. Goddamn they were some of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever worked with.

I have no problem with right to work. But those who do not wish to join unions should not reap the benefits of union collective bargaining. Let them negotiate pay, etc. individually with their employers. And not receive the benefits of union protection in the form of advice, lawyers etc.

Why should they suffer?

Let me rephrase: Why should they suffer when a Union is meant to represent ALL workers, whether they want it or not? They are supposed to fight for the little guy, and try to make life better for every worker. Not just the folks who join them.

we all do that ...... I don't need some fat bastard taking my hard earned money to do something I can do better.

Of course you do.

/endrant

I have been a Teamster for five years. The union is as useful at teats on a bull. They accomplish little other than taking money from me every month and filling my mailbox with a steady stream of garbage.

Modern labor unions are domestic terrorist groups and should be dealt with as such.

Last edited:

Who says they do?

/endrant

I have been a Teamster for five years. The union is as useful at teats on a bull. They accomplish little other than taking money from me every month and filling my mailbox with a steady stream of garbage.

Modern labor unions are domestic terrorist groups and should be dealt with as such.

I don't agree with the end part, but I do with with the beginning. Only time I ever saw my union dues do anything useful was during the union bbqs held once a month, after work.

I agree with that sentiment, but I don't see any reason to try and destroy them...Let the Market do what it does best: Level the playing field in each individual State as it sees fit...The diversity of life styles in each state and population densities require differing solutions.

I don't have a problem with unions existing. I have a problem with people being forced to join a union if they don't want to.

No one is forced to join a union if they don't want to.

Wow, stoopid AND a liar too.

Unions are a collection of workers in a particular company or trade that block outsiders they don't like getting a job in their workplace and they also bully their employers into overpaying them with the threat of shutting down operations.

A gang in a school is like a union in the workplace. The gang intimidates teachers and other students that get in their way if they don't let them do what they like. They will attack others and shut down classes if given the chance.

Unions are just adult gangs in the workplace that are protected by scumbag liberal politicians.

Last edited:

My father-in-law would get me a part-time job setting up booth as a rigger at McCormick place (auto show in particular). The money was amazing, esp on the weekends. 4 man crews and 1 lift, when you no more than 2 were needed and you could get by with just 1 man. I huge portion of the day was sitting around. Many times the foreman of the crew told us to scatter and come back. Not even lying when I had the over-night shift, I found a good corner and fell asleep a few times!

Obama: Look at Michigan to See How Unions Built America's Middle Class

c92a09c0b9ea42d28c62389b8adca87b.jpg

We should do everything we can to encourage companies like Daimler to keep investing in American workers,” Obama said Monday. “And by the way, what we shouldn’t do, I just got to say this, what we shouldn’t be doing is try to take away your rights to bargain for better wages and working conditions.”

This comment was followed by 23 seconds of applause from a crowd at the plant.

Gov. Snyder said the issue was about freedom.

“We respect the fact that the freedom-to-work issue evokes strong emotions among supporters and opponents,” the governor said in a statement. “That's why we've focused on other reforms that are so critical to Michigan’s turnaround. But with this issue now on the table, it's time to embrace the benefits that come with giving working men and women the freedom they deserve.

“The values of freedom, fairness and equality in the workplace should unite us all. And as states fiercely compete for jobs, this legislation will ensure that investors know Michigan is the place to do business,” Snyder added.

Union contracts typically require average dues of $600 to $900 per year, according to the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank.

Meanwhile, a Detroit Free Press poll found that 54 percent support the idea of a right-to-work state. However, when asked if Michigan should be a right-to-work state, the number is split to 47 percent in favor and 46 percent opposed
Obama: Look at Michigan to See How Unions Built America's Middle Class | CNS News

Daimler bought and sold Chrysler and lost hundreds of millions of dollars in the process. Why would they want to continue doing that?

Obama is a buffoon.

Forum List

Back