Mexican singer El Shaka killed

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
Mexican singer El Shaka killed after denying his murder​

Mexican singer Sergio Vega has been shot dead only hours after he had denied reports he had been murdered.

The 40-year-old singer, known as El Shaka, told a website he had increased security measures after a number of Mexican musicians were killed.

Musicians performing narcocorridos, songs celebrating the lives of drug barons, often become the targets of rival drug gangs.
Gunmen opened fire on Mr Vega on his way to a concert in Sinaloa state.
Mexican media reported Mr Vega was driving his red Cadillac on Saturday night when a truck started following him.

Shortly afterwards, shots were fired at the car, injuring Mr Vega and making him lose control of the vehicle and crashing it, his passenger told El Debate newspaper.

Deadly rumours
The gunmen then "finished Mr Vega off" with shots to the head and chest, El Debate reported the passenger as saying.

SERGIO VEGA, EL SHAKA
Born 12 September 1969 in Sonora, Mexico
Emigrates to the US
Founds the band Los Hermanos Vega with his brothers
Band returns to Mexico under new name Los Reyes del Norte
Killed on 26 June 2010

Police confirmed they found spent bullet shells next to the driver's door.
The BBC's Julian Miglierini in Mexico City said rumours had been circulating among fans of the Grupero genre of music that Mr Vega had been killed.
Only hours before the shooting, he told the entertainment website La Oreja that reports of his murder had been mistaken.

"It's happened to me for years now, someone tells a radio station or a newspaper I've been killed, or suffered an accident," Mr Vega said.
"And then I have to call my dear mum, who has heart trouble, to reassure her," he explained.

He told the site that musicians performing Grupero music were worried, but that he had entrusted himself to God.

Mr Vega said he had increased his security measures after the killing in 2007 of Sergio Gomez, the singer of Grupero band K-Paz de la Sierra.

NARCOCORRIDO EL SHAKA
I'm going to ask you a favour... Shaka told his people... I want to have some coca paste processed... Because that's what the customer wants... At the end if it rains and I get wet... You will get wet as well
Translated extract from El Shaka

Mr Gomez was kidnapped after a concert in Michoacan, at which Mr Vega had also performed. He was found strangled days later.

At least seven Grupero musicians have been killed over the past three years.

Police have blamed drug gangs for the killings.

They say musicians who celebrate the lives of drug barons in their lyrics often become targets for rival drug gangs.

BBC News - Mexican singer El Shaka killed after denying his murder
-----------------------------------------------------

And these people claim to be good Catholics that worship God?

Last edited:
He told the site that musicians performing Grupero music were worried, but that he had entrusted himself to God.

Maybe this'll be an eye opener for the rest of these fools that play narcocorridos, God don't like ugly. Highly doubt it though for these morons are as ignorant as those that gangster rapper.

Maybe this'll be an eye opener for the rest of these fools that play narcocorridos, God don't like ugly. Highly doubt it though for these morons are as ignorant as those that gangster rapper.

So it's okay to kill them simply because they sing about the narcos??? What if here in the USA they killed singers because of the lyrics to a song? This just means that the inmates in Mexico are running the asylum. Most of these gruperos have moved to the USA in recent years.

So it's okay to kill them simply because they sing about the narcos??? What if here in the USA they killed singers because of the lyrics to a song? This just means that the inmates in Mexico are running the asylum. Most of these gruperos have moved to the USA in recent years.

Don't want them dead Angelhair just hope this is an eye opener for these dumbasses who glamorize the drug cartel lifestyle.

Don't want them dead Angelhair just hope this is an eye opener for these dumbasses who glamorize the drug cartel lifestyle.

Often times though, it's lyrics condeming the narcos and singing against them....that is why they are killed.....the problem is not only that these gruperos are being killed; the problem is that NOBODY is paying for the crimes! All they do in Mexico is give lip service to all these killings. One does have to wonder......

Mexican singer El Shaka killed after denying his murder​

Mexican singer Sergio Vega has been shot dead only hours after he had denied reports he had been murdered.

The 40-year-old singer, known as El Shaka, told a website he had increased security measures after a number of Mexican musicians were killed.

Musicians performing narcocorridos, songs celebrating the lives of drug barons, often become the targets of rival drug gangs.
Gunmen opened fire on Mr Vega on his way to a concert in Sinaloa state.
Mexican media reported Mr Vega was driving his red Cadillac on Saturday night when a truck started following him.

Shortly afterwards, shots were fired at the car, injuring Mr Vega and making him lose control of the vehicle and crashing it, his passenger told El Debate newspaper.

Deadly rumours
The gunmen then "finished Mr Vega off" with shots to the head and chest, El Debate reported the passenger as saying.

SERGIO VEGA, EL SHAKA
Born 12 September 1969 in Sonora, Mexico
Emigrates to the US
Founds the band Los Hermanos Vega with his brothers
Band returns to Mexico under new name Los Reyes del Norte
Killed on 26 June 2010

Police confirmed they found spent bullet shells next to the driver's door.
The BBC's Julian Miglierini in Mexico City said rumours had been circulating among fans of the Grupero genre of music that Mr Vega had been killed.
Only hours before the shooting, he told the entertainment website La Oreja that reports of his murder had been mistaken.

"It's happened to me for years now, someone tells a radio station or a newspaper I've been killed, or suffered an accident," Mr Vega said.
"And then I have to call my dear mum, who has heart trouble, to reassure her," he explained.

Mr Vega said he had increased his security measures after the killing in 2007 of Sergio Gomez, the singer of Grupero band K-Paz de la Sierra.

NARCOCORRIDO EL SHAKA
I'm going to ask you a favour... Shaka told his people... I want to have some coca paste processed... Because that's what the customer wants... At the end if it rains and I get wet... You will get wet as well
Translated extract from El Shaka

Mr Gomez was kidnapped after a concert in Michoacan, at which Mr Vega had also performed. He was found strangled days later.

At least seven Grupero musicians have been killed over the past three years.

Police have blamed drug gangs for the killings.

They say musicians who celebrate the lives of drug barons in their lyrics often become targets for rival drug gangs.

BBC News - Mexican singer El Shaka killed after denying his murder
-----------------------------------------------------

And these people claim to be good Catholics that worship God?

That guy is still alive...I guarantee it.

Fool me once...shame on you.

Fool me twice...shame on ME!

I WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back