Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

Reports from The Examiner and The Cypress Times that thugs from the Los Zetas drug cartel have seized two Laredo, Texas ranches are spreading through the blogosphere. Is this the first wave of the Reconquista?

Well, Confederate Yankee’s Bob Owens called the Laredo Police Department and the Webb County Sheriff’s Department and told that no such thing was happening

Mexican Drug Cartels Invade Texas, Seize Ranches!

After Shirley Sherrod, Acorn, death panels, Iraq,.....................

Anyone who believes anything the right says is a "fool".

Decriminalize weed and most of this goes away overnight.
Decriminalize all drugs and we can treat the addicted with 1/100th of what we spend now.
And end it all.

The biased media thinks this is a non-story.

A look at the Associated Press's raw national feed (saved and stored here at about 1:30 p.m. ET for future reference) informs us that the wire service considers the following items worthy of at least some countrywide attention:

* We're No. 1! UGA tops party schools ranking
* Lindsay Lohan released from jail, goes to rehab
* (Football Player Albert) Haynesworth again doesn't pass conditioning test
* Vuvuzelas silenced for basketball worlds

The fact that the sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona has had a $1 million bounty placed on his head by a Mexican drug cartel, an offer that is being treated as a credible threat? Sorry, that doesn't make the cut. An AP search on Sheriff Joe Arpaio's last name confirms it:
[Recommend story on Digg.com]

Read more: NewsBusters.org | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

Now the FBI will be forced to be on Arpaio's side. After all, they have been investigating him for a year and a half and have not been able to come up with anything to pin on him. What irony. Now they will be forced to defend him. I'm sure Obama is not too happy about that since HE is the one who called for the investigation.

Everyone in law enforcement knows the "war on drugs" is a joke.
We do not want to win the war on drugs.
On every major intersection you have CVS, Eckerds and Walgreens fighting for the turf.
We are a nation addicted to drugs. Decriminalize all drugs and the cartels are gone tomorrow.
Americans are notorious about these sort of things. They believe they can dictate to other countries what to do. We sell more illegal drugs to other countries than all drugs combined that come here. We are damn hypocrits. We sell illegal tobacco all up and down the South American coast line and subsidize the tobacco companies to smuggle their drugs into those countries.
Drugs are a HEALTH problem, never a crime problem unless stupid laws of prohibition allow criminals to do it.

:clap2:
:udaman:

Now the FBI will be forced to be on Arpaio's side. After all, they have been investigating him for a year and a half and have not been able to come up with anything to pin on him. What irony. Now they will be forced to defend him. I'm sure Obama is not too happy about that since HE is the one who called for the investigation.

Pretty convenient timing, I say. From a target of law enforcement to a protected victim of a threat; from a political liability to a flag to rally around. :doubt:

On every major intersection you have CVS, Eckerds and Walgreens fighting for the turf.
We are a nation addicted to drugs. Decriminalize all drugs and the cartels are gone tomorrow.
Americans are notorious about these sort of things. They believe they can dictate to other countries what to do. We sell more illegal drugs to other countries than all drugs combined that come here. We are damn hypocrits. We sell illegal tobacco all up and down the South American coast line and subsidize the tobacco companies to smuggle their drugs into those countries.
Drugs are a HEALTH problem, never a crime problem unless stupid laws of prohibition allow criminals to do it.

Let me see - according to Hillary, we are to blame for this drug violence because americans are the biggest CONSUMERS of drugs - now you come along and say that we are to blame for this drug problem because we are the biggest PROVIDER of drugs - hmmmmmmmmm. I think I got it - IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF AMERICA AND ITS CITIZENS! GEEZ!!!

Reap what ya sow.

Our drug laws empowered this criminal organization.

Now, thanks to our own poltical decision to marginalize about 50,000,000 Americans by making them second class citizens, we have criminal organziations so bold that they're putting bounties on cops.

We have the power to cut off 2/3 their funding, folks.

But no we'd rather continue to make ciriminals out of law abiding citizens.

And now we're supposed to be outraged for the cop whose been part of this ongoing war of our civil rights?

I feel no more sympathy for this cop than I'd feel for a Drug Cartel boss.

They BOTH enjoy power and money because of the war they choose to fight.

Gee I wonder if Obama is on the side of the cartel or the US Citizen.... Something tells me he is not too concerned about Sheriff Joe....Especially since he probably is a Republican.

So, you really wonder if Obama might be on the side of the Mexican cartel? Seriously?

Why don't you?

Well then...this must be more "hyperbole"....I....hope.

Gee I wonder if Obama is on the side of the cartel or the US Citizen.... Something tells me he is not too concerned about Sheriff Joe....Especially since he probably is a Republican.

So, you really wonder if Obama might be on the side of the Mexican cartel? Seriously?
They're idiots. They just throw all of their Obama-hate against the wall, hoping something will stick.

And if anything, Mexican cartel leaders are Republicans, since it has been the Reagan/GOP war on drugs that have made them super-rich.

How a conversation goes from a contract on Sheriff Joe, to the Mexican Drug Cartels are now Rebublicans is beyond me. However, these threats especially on Sheriff Joe are pretty routiine and he has been getting them for years, so has other Arizona Law enforcement officials. While I tend to agree the so called " War on Drugs " seems to be more of keeping departments employed rather than actually addressing the issue, I will NOT downplay these cartels as they are for the most part scum and are engaged in murder, human traffic, and just about every crime you can come up with both here and across the border in Mexico. If we as a nation want to shut these people down then do so by both addressing the health side and stopping this addiction to this crap and actually putting the effort into crasking down on these people and not paying lip service at election time. I am not one who supports legalization of all these drugs as a solution because all you end up doing is creating is even more addiction to this crap.

Let me see - according to Hillary, we are to blame for this drug violence because americans are the biggest CONSUMERS of drugs - now you come along and say that we are to blame for this drug problem because we are the biggest PROVIDER of drugs - hmmmmmmmmm. I think I got it - IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF AMERICA AND ITS CITIZENS! GEEZ!!!

You finally got something right.
It is our fault for allowing current bone head politicians to continue to fight a bogus farce of a war on drugs when we are the biggest dope heads on the planet.
Thanks for agreeing.

They're idiots. They just throw all of their Obama-hate against the wall, hoping something will stick.

And if anything, Mexican cartel leaders are Republicans, since it has been the Reagan/GOP war on drugs that have made them super-rich.

Just saw an interview with one of Reagan's cabinet members who was part of the war on drugs.

Guess what? He's now a member of the "Just Say Now" campaign to legalize cannabis.

Why is he with them now when as part of Reagan's cabinet he was responsible for part of the war on drugs? He says that it's because of the cartels, and that if we legalized cannabis, we'd take care of 3/4 of the problem, right now.

Know what prompted the biggest crime wave in this nation's history? Prohibition. It's what started the Mafia.

Forum List

Back