Message to LGBTQ people -- stop pushing your agenda into my beloved roleplaying games!!!

Also, I'm not entirely sure a paladin should be allowed to kill an orc child. The argument that it will be a threat in ten years doesn't really make a valid self defense argument.

Well let us compare shall we?
The paragraph that so offends you is this:
You don't need to be confined to binary notions of sex and gender. The elf god Corellon Larethian is often seen as androgynous or hermaphroditic, for example, and some elves in the multiverse are made in Corellon's image. You could also play a female character who presents herself as a man, a man who feels trapped in a female body, or a bearded female dwarf who hates being mistaken for a male. Likewise, your character's sexual orientation is for you to decide.

Your paragraph is this

Your character could decide that he or she is married, but likes to cheat on his or her spouse. You can have a long term affair with a mistress or the pool boy. You can have occasional one-night stands with strangers you meet in a singles bar. You can hire prostitutes or little boys or little girls to give you regular sex, anal sex, blow jobs and hand jobs. You can even go to a poor neighborhood and have sex with an infant who has been kidnapped for that purpose. In Dungeons & Dragons, the world is your oyster and you can do as you want!!!

D&D has said that character can choose to role play a character's sexual orientation.
You want to compare that to the acts of child rape.

You are really a sick bastard.

You are no better than those who accuse all Catholics of being pedophiles.
I see that on this forum all the time, almost always from liberals like you, and if I ever catch you doing it, I will remember this day and repeat what you just said.

You are the sick bastard who compared role playing a sexual orientation- with role playing raping an infant.

You will never catch me me comparing anyone to an infant raper- because I am not a sick bigoted bastard like you.

Actually, I had a player roleplay a paradin who wanted his magic items back from an evil vampire queen, so she told him to kill an infant and its mother, and he did it, and got his magic items back, and then became an evil anti-paladin.

It was a dumb move because the rest of the party killed him after that, but yeah, this kind of thing happens in role playing games.

Paladins could not kill a child, unless it was a zombie or orc child attacking them.

Only way it could kill a child was if it was an anti-paladin
A paladin has free will just like any other human, but the act was so evil it made him an anti-paladin.

Ironically, this character had endured torture and crucificixion rather than turn to evil.

But when he realized he had lost his magic items, he went back to the vampire queen to get them back, and did what she said.

Because he wanted his magic items back he killed a baby and its mother.

Showing that character pain means nothing, only player pain.

Hmmmm who was playing the vampire queen- and told the Paladin he would have to kill the baby in order to get his magic items back?

That would be the Dungeon Master- Blackrook.

The paragon of morals.

The one with such outrage that D&D would take a paragraph to say that playing a gay character is okay.

The one who gave his player a choice of:
a) Kill the baby or
b) Don't kill the baby.

I see that on this forum all the time, almost always from liberals like you, and if I ever catch you doing it, I will remember this day and repeat what you just said.

You are the sick bastard who compared role playing a sexual orientation- with role playing raping an infant.

You will never catch me me comparing anyone to an infant raper- because I am not a sick bigoted bastard like you.

Actually, I had a player roleplay a paradin who wanted his magic items back from an evil vampire queen, so she told him to kill an infant and its mother, and he did it, and got his magic items back, and then became an evil anti-paladin.

It was a dumb move because the rest of the party killed him after that, but yeah, this kind of thing happens in role playing games.

Paladins could not kill a child, unless it was a zombie or orc child attacking them.

A paladin has free will just like any other human, but the act was so evil it made him an anti-paladin.

Ironically, this character had endured torture and crucificixion rather than turn to evil.

But when he realized he had lost his magic items, he went back to the vampire queen to get them back, and did what she said.

That almost sounds like a story from the bible to me. Do you feel like God when you are the "Dungeon Master"?
I've already put two of you clowns on ignore today. Are you looking to be the third? Because I don't care. I don't see you as contributing anything but typical liberal garbage to this forum. None of your arguments are at all original or compelling.

That almost sounds like a story from the bible to me. Do you feel like God when you are the "Dungeon Master"?
I've already put two of you clowns on ignore today. Are you looking to be the third? Because I don't care. I don't see you as contributing anything but typical liberal garbage to this forum. None of your arguments are at all original or compelling.
The coward's way.

You think I give a shit if you want to be a huge gaping pussy?

upload_2016-5-3_18-44-39.jpeg

Well let us compare shall we?
The paragraph that so offends you is this:
You don't need to be confined to binary notions of sex and gender. The elf god Corellon Larethian is often seen as androgynous or hermaphroditic, for example, and some elves in the multiverse are made in Corellon's image. You could also play a female character who presents herself as a man, a man who feels trapped in a female body, or a bearded female dwarf who hates being mistaken for a male. Likewise, your character's sexual orientation is for you to decide.

Your paragraph is this

Your character could decide that he or she is married, but likes to cheat on his or her spouse. You can have a long term affair with a mistress or the pool boy. You can have occasional one-night stands with strangers you meet in a singles bar. You can hire prostitutes or little boys or little girls to give you regular sex, anal sex, blow jobs and hand jobs. You can even go to a poor neighborhood and have sex with an infant who has been kidnapped for that purpose. In Dungeons & Dragons, the world is your oyster and you can do as you want!!!

D&D has said that character can choose to role play a character's sexual orientation.
You want to compare that to the acts of child rape.

You are really a sick bastard.

Pure good holy warrior. Hard character to play properly. Their goodness is not ambiguous.

A good adventure can take longer than six days to build and populate

Is that right? My attention span is like....20 minutes. I refuse to play Madden with my son because the shit isn't fast enough.

That is true. I have been building my current campaign off and on for six years. I now have a world where each country has its own unique culture, language, and coins. Player characters from a previous generation are mythical heroes now, and some of them have their face and deeds memorialized on coins of the realm.

Pure good holy warrior. Hard character to play properly. Their goodness is not ambiguous.

5th edition change 2014

I stopped playing in '90's when we moved

5th edition change 2014

I stopped playing in '90's when we moved
5th edition is a vast improvement on 4th edition, which was an abortion, and even 3.5, which is overly complicated and depends too much on powerful magic items to keep characters on an even par with monsters.

What I'm saying is, it need not be said. If someone really wants to be gay in the game, I'll allow it. But there is no need for a special paragraph in the Player's Handbook that any impressionable child can read, and get confused by.
Children are not confused, excerpt as to why anyone would care. They accept gay people. For people like yourself (and to much lesser degree, me) this kind of acceptance seems contrived and political. The difference between us is that I accept the need for demanding tolerance. I have had first hand experience of the kind of discrimination and violence which gay people face. I will never be comfortable seeing open displays of affection from two gay men (while two gay women wouldn't bother me in the least). Nonetheless, I understand that when a group is required to organize in order to guarantee their rights, there will always be a backlash against every gain that they make. You appear to be that backlash.
Yes, I understand that I represent backlash. As a Christian, I live in a society that is becoming increasingly alien to everything I believe. Three thousand unborn babies are murdered every day in this country, and some are murdered only a few miles away from where I live. I am totally without any power, even the power to vote, to stop this wholesale massacre of innocent lives. I grow increasingly frustrated in a world that is becoming a darker and less loving every day. And by love, I mean the Christian kind of love that welcomes all human life into the world, regardless of handicap or birth defect. Down's Syndrome people have become very rare, and some people think that's progress, but that progress was acheived through genocide of Down's Syndrome babies, not through advancement of medicine or science. Increasingly, doctors will stop looking for cures to ailments because they can terminate the lives of their patients instead. This is already happening in the Netherlands, and soon euthanasia will be practiced in this country as well.
How is wanting your child to live a full life not love? If, rather than terminating a pregnancy in which Down's Syndrome is detected, we can prevent such a tragedy from occurring in the first place by genetic selection, is that evil? Do you really believe God wants there to be defective births?

You want there to be more love in the world? Good. Me too. The best way to make sure that happens,imo, is to make sure that every child is born wanted. As far as euthanasia goes, yeah, I would bet that an individual's right to determine their own fate will triumph in the end. I can see a huge number of ethical pitfalls in such a policy, but we'll have to try and work them out.

What I'm saying is, it need not be said. If someone really wants to be gay in the game, I'll allow it. But there is no need for a special paragraph in the Player's Handbook that any impressionable child can read, and get confused by.
Children are not confused, excerpt as to why anyone would care. They accept gay people. For people like yourself (and to much lesser degree, me) this kind of acceptance seems contrived and political. The difference between us is that I accept the need for demanding tolerance. I have had first hand experience of the kind of discrimination and violence which gay people face. I will never be comfortable seeing open displays of affection from two gay men (while two gay women wouldn't bother me in the least). Nonetheless, I understand that when a group is required to organize in order to guarantee their rights, there will always be a backlash against every gain that they make. You appear to be that backlash.
Yes, I understand that I represent backlash. As a Christian, I live in a society that is becoming increasingly alien to everything I believe. Three thousand unborn babies are murdered every day in this country, and some are murdered only a few miles away from where I live. I am totally without any power, even the power to vote, to stop this wholesale massacre of innocent lives. I grow increasingly frustrated in a world that is becoming a darker and less loving every day. And by love, I mean the Christian kind of love that welcomes all human life into the world, regardless of handicap or birth defect. Down's Syndrome people have become very rare, and some people think that's progress, but that progress was acheived through genocide of Down's Syndrome babies, not through advancement of medicine or science. Increasingly, doctors will stop looking for cures to ailments because they can terminate the lives of their patients instead. This is already happening in the Netherlands, and soon euthanasia will be practiced in this country as well.

You want fewer abortions? Make birth control readily available and teach people how to use it.
Everyone who knows how to fuck knows how to put on a condom and they cost a few bucks in any drug store. That's a fucking lame excuse, and really the fact that you made it proves once again what a lying liar you are.
C'mon. We're talking about young teens without any supervision in their lives. Teens who are completely alienated from mainstream society. If we were providing sufficient education and access to contraceptives then the problem would not exist.

Unintended Pregnancies Are Increasingly Concentrated Among Poor Women Who Lack Birth Control Access

Education can reduce the need for abortion. When someone tells me that they're against abortion, but oppose sex education and contraceptive distribution, there's nothing more to say. I can respect people who oppose abortion, but people whose attitude is "just say no to sex", who insist that sex is only permissible under the sanction of marriage, are living in a dangerously unrealistic world.

Elvis Obama, your arguments about access to birth control preventing the need for abortion fails to convince me, because I know better.

When I was 18, I had sex with my girlfriend with a condom and we had a baby anyway. We did NOT have an abortion and now I have a beautiful daughter and I can't imagine my life without her in it. Anyone who would kill their own baby will discover an emptiness in their life that nothing will ever fill, and a remorse that no amount of prayer and confession can ever relieve.

I have met such people, and some of them are very active in the pro-life movement. They are driven to fight for life as penance for the bad choice they made when they chose death for their child.

And Elvis Obama, your argument for killing Down's Syndrome babies makes you a Nazi. Sorry to invoke Godwin's Law so quickly, but yet it is true. The Nazis killed the handicapped to save money supporting "useless eaters." Your argument that God would approve of what the Nazis did smacks of arrogance and cruelty.

You want fewer abortions? Make birth control readily available and teach people how to use it.
Everyone who knows how to fuck knows how to put on a condom and they cost a few bucks in any drug store. That's a fucking lame excuse, and really the fact that you made it proves once again what a lying liar you are.
C'mon. We're talking about young teens without any supervision in their lives. Teens who are completely alienated from mainstream society. If we were providing sufficient education and access to contraceptives then the problem would not exist.

Unintended Pregnancies Are Increasingly Concentrated Among Poor Women Who Lack Birth Control Access

Education can reduce the need for abortion. When someone tells me that they're against abortion, but oppose sex education and contraceptive distribution, there's nothing more to say. I can respect people who oppose abortion, but people whose attitude is "just say no to sex", who insist that sex is only permissible under the sanction of marriage, are living in a dangerously unrealistic world.

STDs are on the raise. Did people forget about condoms?

There is a movement afoot by the modern feminist movement (I say modern since it is mostly LGBTQ and not traditional feminist) to tell the world that white males who play roleplaying games are dangerous rapists who hate women, minorities, and LGBTQ people, and won't let them play.

This is a dirty lie.

While most of the people I have played roleplaying games ARE straight white males, this is not because of discrimination or harassment. Whenever a female wants to play, we are very welcoming. But most females don't want to play. The game is not interesting to most females. They like the pretending to be someone else part, but for the most part they are uninterested in the nitty-gritty of rules mechanics, and they quickly grow bored with the game.

We HAVE played with a gay male, and he is always welcome to play again. He is moving back from Ohio, and will rejoin our group when he does, and we have alway invited his husband. Not only is the husband gay, but he is a Bernie Sanders supporter as well, AND an admitted Marxist-Leninist, and he is STILL welcome to my game.

We also have a black male at the game, and right now he has taken center stage in my campaign as the character who knows the most about what's really going on, and is leading the quest.

So it is a lie that white straight males are exclusive, or that we are harassing, women, minorities, and LGBTQ people.

And, it may interest you to know, I have included an important NPC character who is female, but was lied to by her mother and thinks she is male. This NPC is a tough half-orc who was recently boatswain on a ship, in charge of discipling the men. Only the black male player knows this at this point, and it is causing him much pain when the others talk to this half-orc as "one of the guys." Because not only is the character female, she is a virgin and does not know anything about sex, and does not understand hints and innuendo about sex.

You need a girlfriend.
I'm more into the role playing games that involve a chamber maid's outfit, a catcher's mask, a blowtorch and two gallons of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter".

I don't fit into the chamber maid's outfit like I used to, truth be told.
please dont tell us what you do with all that Butter.

Forum List

Back