What do you call a woman who has been sexually assaulted...a probable new gun owner....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here we have one of the big reasons that women have become the biggest growth area in the gun buying business....

More women carrying guns

Before Hannah got her license to carry a concealed pistol this year, joining the increasing number of women permitted to carry a handgun, she considered the likelihood that she would need it and whether just carrying a gun posed a greater danger to her children.

"That definitely concerns me," the Bremerton mother of three said.

Hannah, 22, who asked that her last name not be used, is a victim of sexual assault. Her perpetrator was released from prison and has been trying to contact her. Her husband is in the Navy and is gone for months at a time and was supportive of her applying for the license.

"I did think about it really hard and kind of went back and forth a couple of times, but I knew in the end it was probably a good idea," she said. "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Although guns and concealed licenses have long been the province of men, and still generally are, the number of women licensed to carry handguns is growing fast across the state and especially in Kitsap, according to a Kitsap Sun analysis of more than three years of data from the state Department of Licensing.

New Topics

Forum List

Back