Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I'm not religious but

Regardless whether one is religious, not religious, or just confused about the whole ordeal, there is much good that can come from this time. First, there is family, and most attitudes soften, and people have closer ties during this season. Friends are friendlier, non-friends are also friendlier, and complete strangers smile more often. This is something to hold on to, especially in this unprecedented time of division.

This is also the most special time for small children, and the joy in their faces is enough to melt the heart of any man. This attitude should be remembered, and should be cherished. If only it could last forever, the world would be a better place.

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night - garydbarnett.com

The last sentence- I remember when my youngest son was 8 maybe 9 maybe 10 I expressed to him in my sincerest voice- I hope you never lose your enthusiasm for life- so far, so good- he'll turn 34 in February.

Its all about the grandkids now.
We actually had our Christmas with them sat night to open gifts. During the week they are with their dad for actual holiday with that family. Daughter is no longer with father. Had a nice time and they enjoyed themselves.

To be honest, this so called insurmountable divide of America I really just don't witness in real life. Normal folks are just pleasant and polite for the most part. The jackasses in life just get all the attention.

I'm not religious but

Regardless whether one is religious, not religious, or just confused about the whole ordeal, there is much good that can come from this time. First, there is family, and most attitudes soften, and people have closer ties during this season. Friends are friendlier, non-friends are also friendlier, and complete strangers smile more often. This is something to hold on to, especially in this unprecedented time of division.

This is also the most special time for small children, and the joy in their faces is enough to melt the heart of any man. This attitude should be remembered, and should be cherished. If only it could last forever, the world would be a better place.

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night - garydbarnett.com

The last sentence- I remember when my youngest son was 8 maybe 9 maybe 10 I expressed to him in my sincerest voice- I hope you never lose your enthusiasm for life- so far, so good- he'll turn 34 in February.
I'll turn 34 in Feb. What day?

Christmas is a bust this year

One grandson in Fla with dad, coming back sometime this weekend.

Brother leaving to go to Fla early next week.

Daughter had planned on having Christmas celebration the 31st, then found out the boys had decided to spend that day with grandparents on dads side.

Granddaughter lives in Maine, and has to work Christmas and Boxing day.

Has plans to come down Christmas Eve, weather permitting, and have Christmas with parents, and us, at parents home.

Not sure, because of lungs, if I'll see any of them

Forum List

Back