Guide Rod Laser For Christmas

Haven't had one. For the actual time a laser is on I don't think an hour is so bad considering how cheap button batteries can be.

I have had lasers, cool but have none now. Always favored "crimson trace" but that guide rod one seems a good idea.

The boss ordered a Lasermax guide rod laser for my Glock G22 Gen 3.
The only thing I question is the battery life of 1 hour.

Anyone have one and what do you think?

Red Glock Guide Rod Laser
Fun for target practice, useless for self defense.

Not having to aim is bad for self defense?
Yes, when the crutch you are using is inaccurate, due to being bumped, moved, etc. I certainly wouldn't stake my life on it.

It's one hour on, Turn it off when not in use. The biggest issue is bright sunlight, I have a different brand, but if it is very bright, I can't see the red dot on the target. When it's overcast, it works awesome.

Yes, when the crutch you are using is inaccurate, due to being bumped, moved, etc. I certainly wouldn't stake my life on it.

Hmmm, it was my laser sight that taught me how to shoot my Glock. How to line up the regular sites. Glocks are funny. They are not Colt .45's. When I first got the Glock 17, I couldn't hit anything with it. I got a laser sight and figured out how it wanted to be held to get a good shot. The pistol is in fact extremely accurate, but must be held at the exact angle to get a good grouping.

Fun for target practice, useless for self defense.

If you fire it regularly you'll know if it's on. If you're a dumbass and drop it take it out and see if it's still on.

I want real laser for Xmas.

767RYou.jpg

If you fire it regularly you'll know if it's on.
Not necessarily. Evey time you fire it and discover it is off, that could have been the time you needed it for self defense.
You can go ahead and stake your life on it. I will aim traditionally, if my life is in danger.

I said all the same things you said, at first. Then the guy next to me at the range holstered his and drew it three or four times. And voila, the laser was already off, at 25 feet.

Maybe different ones will yield a better result. I just wouldn't want to find out the hard way, you know?

It's one hour on, Turn it off when not in use. The biggest issue is bright sunlight, I have a different brand, but if it is very bright, I can't see the red dot on the target. When it's overcast, it works awesome.

Yep...
Thats where the red dot sight comes into play.
I can use the laser,the Trijicon or the open sights.
It's fun trying to make em all accurate.

Not necessarily. Evey time you fire it and discover it is off, that could have been the time you needed it for self defense.
You can go ahead and stake your life on it. I will aim traditionally, if my life is in danger.

I said all the same things you said, at first. Then the guy next to me at the range holstered his and drew it three or four times. And voila, the laser was already off, at 25 feet.

Maybe different ones will yield a better result. I just wouldn't want to find out the hard way, you know?

Funny,mine is on everytime I take it out.
I dont use mine that often since I have a Trijicon but I always use it while I'm shooting just to confirm accuracy.

It's good to have three methods of aiming,I like options.

Attachments

• 295B9C9C-4282-4173-AFFD-B921B0FCAC24.jpeg
    295B9C9C-4282-4173-AFFD-B921B0FCAC24.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83

Funny,mine is on everytime I take it out.
I dont use mine that often since I have a Trijicon but I always use it while I'm shooting just to confirm accuracy.

I don't have any trouble with mine either. Wonder what he does with his firearms?

A laser for at home defense is a good idea.

Laser on your daily CC is a bad idea. ... :cool:

Yep.
They dont work to well in daylight.
I invision laying on the floor in a dimly lit house and poking my pistol around a corner along with one eye,putting the dot on their chest and blowing his shit away.
No need to expose your whole body to take the shot.

Forum List

Back