Merry Christmas! North Pole Forecast To Be 50 Degrees Warmer Than Normal This Week

If you [PolarBear] can't keep track of both sides of someone else's conversation, how about staying out of them?

Your comments about AGW are, everyone of them, unsubstantiated assertions. You have NO evidence that anyone has falsified temperature data. You have NO evidence indicating any other cause for the observed warming. You have NO evidence for any other source of the increased CO2. Mainstream science, on the other hand, has thousands of studies that conclusively show that warming is taking place at a rate not seen in 65 million years, that CO2 is extremely likely to be the cause, that no other cause EVER suggested fits the bill.

Mainstream science has an irrefutable case and you have nothing. Why does that fail to sink in to your withered brains?

Last edited:
No kidding. The poor bastards that generate all that crap are almost certain to wind up as collateral damage when the incoming US administration will ax the lion`s share of their UN budget in retaliation to that security council resolution against Israel. The knock out punch will be the EPA`s Scott Pruitt. It will be much like a Time on Target artillery fire effect.

Last edited:
The incoming administration is going to be a disaster on all fronts. And the changing climate will not stop because the orange clown and his admin of incompetents are denying reality. I trust scientists far more than I trust politicians, and especially right wing politicians.

The bastards that generate all this crap are the scientists from every culture and nation in the world. And they are reporting, accurately, on what they are observing. You can indulge in Lysenkoism all you want, does not change the facts.

No kidding. The poor bastards that generate all that crap are almost certain to wind up as collateral damage when the incoming US administration will ax the lion`s share of their UN budget in retaliation to that security council resolution against Israel. The knock out punch will be the EPA`s Scott Pruitt. It will be much like a Time on Target artillery fire effect.

Maybe organizations that alter data and are off by 50 degrees in a week should be reevaluated

Do you really think you have the weight of evidence to reject the judgement of several thousand PhD researchers who have been studying this precise issue for several decades and who are quite certain that the rapid warming we've been undergoing is NOT a normal glacial cycle? TSI, for one thing Ding, is down to a level approaching the Maunder Minimum. If you're convinced this interglacial warming, show us the current state of the Milankovitch cycle.

Conversation on bipolar glaciation? You wouldn't be an altnernate identity for poster LaDexter would you?
I have already posted my evidence for rejecting their single minded focus on CO2. Do you want me to post it again? I don't need to show you the current state of orbital forcing to know that orbital forcing plays a role in climate change. I am not single focused like you are. I recognize that this is a complex system with many moving parts. I also recognize that the empirical data shows a trend for a cooling earth. I don't believe a 120 PARTS PER MILLION increase in atmospheric CO2 will change that trend.

No, lol, I'm not LaDexter. I'm ding.

I am not denying that orbital forcing plays a role, but the data do NOT show that it is producing a warming at the rate we are currently experiencing. Here are the states of the M cycles.

1024px-MilankovitchCyclesOrbitandCoresRecaptioned.png

The core data both show that temperatures are already up and have been for almost 20,000 years. Holocene data like these:

holocene_temperature_variations_rev1.png

show the warm period 6-10,000 years back and temperatures gently declining since then. The thumbnail PiP illustrate how atypical current conditions are. Orbital forcing is NOT producing the observed warming.

I am not denying that orbital forcing plays a role, but the data do NOT show that it is producing a warming at the rate we are currently experiencing. Here are the states of the M cycles.

1024px-MilankovitchCyclesOrbitandCoresRecaptioned.png

The core data both show that temperatures are already up and have been for almost 20,000 years. Holocene data like these:

holocene_temperature_variations_rev1.png

show the warm period 6-10,000 years back and temperatures gently declining since then. The thumbnail PiP illustrate how atypical current conditions are. Orbital forcing is NOT producing the observed warming.

The rate comparison cannot be made. The only valid comparison is the peak temperature of each of the past four interglacials and we are still within the norm.

The rate comparison CAN be made.

marcott-2013
You are clearly an idiot. Go back and look at the data for the last four interglacial cycles. The resolution to make an apples to apples comparison does not exist.

The rate comparison CAN be made.

marcott-2013
You are clearly an idiot. Go back and look at the data for the last four interglacial cycles. The resolution to make an apples to apples comparison does not exist.

ding bro......why even bother? These guys are part of the true believer crowd.......the hard core OCD's and that's exactly what it is. They embrace only information from other true believers and will be on their death beds screaming about it. When I reference "mental cases", its not just a flip comment.........these folks have true thought process disorder. Im in the field for over 30 years and can see it a mile away. Accordingly, all we can do is promote the views and info of the other side which if you havent noticed, dominates this forum, thus, reasoned people coming in here to take a gander can get to see the non-religion side but more importantly, what head cases these members of the religion are. Even a half-wit can see the threads by the members of the religion are laughable.....viewed by very few. The skeptic threads are epic in here.......tells you all you need to know.

And idk........to me, this science debate is ghey. In the PR arena, these bozo's are losing hard and that's the only thing that matters at the end of the day. Their shit is having zero influence on public policy makers to the point of being pathetic so we win the moment we step into this forum.......and then there is the whole part of making fun of them!:funnyface:

But I a must admit..........do enjoy watching you school them on the science stuff!:rock::rock:

Last edited:
LOL...........you AGW k00ks are so naïve when it comes to basic human behavior and its relation to global warming. Its 6th grade stuff and not at all understood by all the genius' in here...........

Why nobody is caring about global warming in 2016:bye1::bye1::bye1: >>>

Heuristics and constructed beliefs in climate change perception: Effect of outdoor temperature, question construction, and cognitive primes - Center for Research on Environmental Decisions

"Judgments about climate change are malleable, and can be influenced by irrelevant environmental information."

That's you isn't it. A malleable tool.

You are clearly an idiot.

Is that more of your civil conversation?

What mechanism do you propose to make the Earth warm 2C and cool 2C in 2-300 years without leaving any other evidence?

Massive volcanism without sulface aerosols?
Bolide impact?
Intelligent unicorns burn lots of coal then cleans it all up before magically disappearing?
Alien experiment?

You know, those last two can't be ruled out. By denier logic, then, I guess we have to assume one or the other actually happened. Right?

Last edited:
LOL...........you AGW k00ks are so naïve when it comes to basic human behavior and its relation to global warming. Its 6th grade stuff and not at all understood by all the genius' in here...........

Why nobody is caring about global warming in 2016:bye1::bye1::bye1: >>>

Heuristics and constructed beliefs in climate change perception: Effect of outdoor temperature, question construction, and cognitive primes - Center for Research on Environmental Decisions

"Judgments about climate change are malleable, and can be influenced by irrelevant environmental information."

That's you isn't it. A malleable tool.

Hmmm.................perhaps. But winning!!:bye1::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

And ummm......youre not getting it s0n..........the "irrelevant environmental information" is constantly being processed by human beings and creating a perception. And that perception is.........global warming is not important. Sucks for the hopelessly duped but lets face it.........starting next month, the bumpy cucumber gets about 10 bigger for the AGW crowd.

Who's not winning?:coffee:

Last edited:
Santa may need water skis instead of a sleigh this year.

A weather buoy about 90 miles south of the North Pole registered a temperature at the melting point of 32 degrees (0 Celsius) early Thursday, as a giant storm east of Greenland drew abnormally warm air northward.

Weather models had predicted temperatures could get this warm and this buoy, part of the North Pole Environmental Observatory, provides validation.

[Pre-Christmas melt? North Pole forecast to warm 50 degrees above normal Thursday]

“It seems likely areas very close to or at the North Pole were at the freezing point” Thursday, said Zachary Labe, a doctoral student researching Arctic climate and weather at the University of California at Irvine.

Data from the buoy (No. 300234064010010, which can be downloaded here) show that air temperatures have risen more than 40 degrees in the past two days, when they hovered near minus-11 degrees (minus-24 Celsius) which, even then, was above average.

historical records back to 1958, one cannot find a more intense anomaly – except following a similar spike just five weeks ago.

imrs.php

Weather buoy near North Pole hits melting point

Now Comrade Frankie boi, that looks like pretty solid evidence that you are lying one more time.

Santa may need water skis instead of a sleigh this year.

A weather buoy about 90 miles south of the North Pole registered a temperature at the melting point of 32 degrees (0 Celsius) early Thursday, as a giant storm east of Greenland drew abnormally warm air northward.

Weather models had predicted temperatures could get this warm and this buoy, part of the North Pole Environmental Observatory, provides validation.

[Pre-Christmas melt? North Pole forecast to warm 50 degrees above normal Thursday]

“It seems likely areas very close to or at the North Pole were at the freezing point” Thursday, said Zachary Labe, a doctoral student researching Arctic climate and weather at the University of California at Irvine.

Data from the buoy (No. 300234064010010, which can be downloaded here) show that air temperatures have risen more than 40 degrees in the past two days, when they hovered near minus-11 degrees (minus-24 Celsius) which, even then, was above average.

historical records back to 1958, one cannot find a more intense anomaly – except following a similar spike just five weeks ago.

imrs.php

Weather buoy near North Pole hits melting point

Now Comrade Frankie boi, that looks like pretty solid evidence that you are lying one more time.
Lol.

Cherry picking the one buoy at 32.

Just checked the Arctic temperatures sites and it's -19, -20, -4 and 19 the the 4 cardinal points around the circle.

No 50 degree surge

Forum List

Back