Ooooops!! ITC's on solar energy to go bye-bye!!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
It will be wonderful to see some common sense returned to government after January 20, 2017!!

Trump’s potentially toxic effect on the solar industry

At a time when the federal government is slashing the shit out of revenue for folks with disabilities, billions of dollars will now be saved from the shit show of the last 8 years. Fuck solar energy.........let it try to stand on its own.........marketing fakery is going to take huge kick to the nut sack soon!! And I could not be happier.:popcorn:

It will be wonderful to see some common sense returned to government after January 20, 2017!!

Trump’s potentially toxic effect on the solar industry

At a time when the federal government is slashing the shit out of revenue for folks with disabilities, billions of dollars will now be saved from the shit show of the last 8 years. Fuck solar energy.........let it try to stand on its own.........marketing fakery is going to take huge kick to the nut sack soon!! And I could not be happier.:popcorn:

What is that costing per year?

Solar Power Is Now The World's Cheapest Energy

Over the past six years, the cost of solar energy has dropped dramatically, to the point where it is now even cheaper than wind power in emerging markets like China and India. This may be largely due to rising investments in solar over the last few years. Now, there is electricity being produced in Chile for $29.10 per megawatt hour–half the price of power produced by coal.

"Renewables are robustly entering the era of undercutting" energy made by fossil fuels, Bloomberg New Energy Finance chairman Michael Liebreich wrote this week.

This is great news for developing nations, which do not generally have the kind of infrastructure that developed countries have dedicated to fossil fuels already in place. As they build their energy infrastructure, it will make sense to go with cheaper, renewable options, more so than it does for a country like the United States to abandon our formidable fossil-fuel based infrastructure.

Too late, the money we invested in solar research has paid off. Solar can now easily stand on it's own.

Wind and Solar Are Crushing Fossil Fuels

Wind and solar have grown seemingly unstoppable.

While two years of crashing prices for oil, natural gas, and coal triggered dramatic downsizing in those industries, renewables have been thriving. Clean energy investment broke new records in 2015 and is now seeing twice as much global funding as fossil fuels.

One reason is that renewable energy is becoming ever cheaper to produce. Recent solar and wind auctions in Mexico and Morocco ended with winning bids from companies that promised to produce electricity at the cheapest rate, from any source, anywhere in the world, said Michael Liebreich, chairman of the advisory board for Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF).

"We're in a low-cost-of-oil environment for the foreseeable future," Liebreich said during his keynote address at the BNEF Summit in New York on Tuesday. "Did that stop renewable energy investment? Not at all."

Here's what's shaping power markets, in six charts from BNEF:

Renewables are beating fossil fuels 2 to 1
360x-1.png

The orange clown can go whack off in a corner somewhere. The market has decided that coal is dead, and nuclear far too expensive.

More fakery propaganda...............the people of Germany, so high on renewables 10 years ago have found out the hard way what the REAL costs of renewables are and have done the about face!! Why? Because their electric bills WENT THORUGH THE ROOF!!!

"But statistics on Germany’s electricity sector for the whole of 2012 are now in, and when you look beyond the cherry-picked hype, the results are dismal and disquieting. Despite massive construction of new capacity, electricity output from renewables, especially from wind and solar, grew at a sluggish rate. Germany is indeed avoiding blackouts—by opening new coal- and gas-fired plants. Renewable electricity is proving so unreliable and chaotic that it is starting to undermine the stability of the European grid and provoke international incidents. The spiraling cost of the renewables surge has sparked a backlash, including government proposals to slash subsidies and deployment rates. Worst of all, the Energiewende made no progress at all in clearing the German grid of fossil fuels or abating greenhouse emissions—nor is it likely to for at least a decade longer."

https://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/green-energy-bust-in-Germany

Pushers of the green agenda NEVER tell people the real costs of renewables........

"Compared with the CCGT cost per MWh of $80.45, claims that wind power is now the cheapest source of electricity are utterly ludicrous."

And they know it too...........perpetual fakery!!!:2up:

The exceedingly high costs of wind power explained very simply here..........a 6th grader could easily comprehend in 5 minutes! >>

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/the-real-cost-of-wind-power/

And all you have to do is look at Germany........the pioneer in wind energy. Not so much now.........they are going hog wild for coal ( see first link above ). Why? Because pols don't like to get their asses thrown out of office sticking the public with mega-high electric bills........that's why!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

More dismantling of the fakery on renewables............

According to utility consortium BdeW, another 4.6 GW of coal power will come on line this year. Of a planned 42.5 GW of major power plants to be built by 2020, including offshore wind, pumped storage, hydro, and biomass, fully two-thirds—28.5 GW—will be new coal and gas generators.

Green Energy Bust in Germany | Dissent Magazine

So much for coal is dead..............:funnyface:

Germany has led the way in renewables...........AND...........finding out they are stoopid.

And here comes Scott Pruitt to lead the US back to energy sanity!!:mm:

I cant even take the winning!!:itsok:

I can never understand why the AGW folks even bother with posting up fake stuff about renewables? I always come in here and whack them over the head with a baseball bat, Robert Deniro-style:up:

I can never understand why the AGW folks even bother with posting up fake stuff about renewables? I always come in here and whack them over the head with a baseball bat, Robert Deniro-style:up:
I can't understand why you haven't answered my question...

Why is theirs "fake"?

Because it never includes the mega-cost of building transmission lines...........that's why!! The fakers only talk about the costs once everything is all built! Ghey.......only dickheads think that is just going to be absorbed by the energy companies...............duh............then of course, there is the whole level of laughable with reliability!

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/the-real-cost-of-wind-power/

Why is theirs "fake"?

Because it never includes the mega-cost of building transmission lines...........that's why!!

If generated in a central location, ALL energy must be transmitted....the costs to focus on therefore is that of building and operating the GENERATION capacity...

Mr. Homewood is a bit of a hack

Why is theirs "fake"?

Because it never includes the mega-cost of building transmission lines...........that's why!!

If generated in a central location, ALL energy must be transmitted....the costs to focus on therefore is that of building and operating the GENERATION capacity...

Well ok then Einstein.........we can all look forward to both Germany and the US generating most of its electricity from renewables within a few years!!:coffee:

Why is theirs "fake"?

Well ok then Einstein.........we can all look forward to both Germany and the US generating most of its electricity from renewables within a few years!!:coffee:

You STILL haven't answered my first question....

Most people are wildly underestimating what Trump’s win will mean for the environment
Updated by David Roberts and Brad Plumer Nov 14, 2016, 9:21am EST

Few people understand just how radical the GOP environmental agenda is, but it’s not a secret. While Obama has been in office, Republicans in Congress have floated myriad budget bills that reveal their legislative priorities. Many of those bills were blocked by the Senate or White House, so they rarely got attention.

Most people are wildly underestimating what Trump’s win will mean for the environment

"Radical".......but only to the k00ks!!:2up:

Forum List

Back