Men...

The real difference is how each of the sexes handles the emotional things in their lives.

I.E. - Getting older and showing the effects of gravity:

> Balding 35 year old man with a softly growing keg where his six-pack used to be looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, yeah. Still a magnet for the hotties!"​

> 35 year old woman with a hint of stretch marks and a tummy that makes her favorite jeans a bit hard to get on looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, shit... I have my mothers ass!"​

-Joe

The Day the Penis asked for a Raise

I, the Penis, hereby request a raise in salary for the following reasons:

I do physical labour.
I work at great depths.
I plunge headfirst into everything I do.
I do not get weekends or public holidays off.
I work in a damp environment
I work in a dark workplace that has poor ventilation.
I work in high temperatures.
My work exposes me to contagious diseases.

Yours Sincerely, Mr. P. Niss

The Response:

Dear Mr P Niss:

After assessing your request, and considering the arguments you have raised, the administration rejects your request for the following reasons:
You do not work 8 hours straight.
You fall asleep after brief work periods.
You do not always follow the orders of the management team.
You do not stay in your designated area and are often seen visiting other locations.
You do not take initiative - you need to be pressured and stimulated in order to start working.
You leave the workplace rather messy at the end of your shift.
You don't always observe necessary safety regulations, such as wearing the correct protective clothing.
You will retire well before you are 65.
You are unable to work double shifts.
You sometimes leave your designated work area before you have completed assigned task.

And if that were not all, you have been seen constantly entering and exiting the workplace carrying two suspicious-looking bags.

Yours Sincerely, Miss. V. Gina

I can't rep you right now but that was outstanding! :clap2:

My grandmother used to tell me that the only time a woman can change a man is when he's still in diapers.

Does that just count for little dudes just getting started in life, or does it work at the other end of life too.....:eusa_think:?

I suppose like all matters human, especially old men in diapers, it.....

... wait for it...

DEPENDS :lol:

-Joe

LOL! I'm betting it's pretty much the same at either end of life with the menfolk. :tongue:

Are they simple creatures, basically your standard Neanderthals that will be happy as long as they are fed, sexually satiated, and their egos stroked once in a while?

You're forgetting sports and beer. Clearly we're not as simple as you'd like to think.

Of course, during caveman days they had tribal wars, but now that men have civilized, they've sublimated the urge to fight by watching sports. Beer doesn't fit the caveman image though. How does that fill a man's needs?

It's a simple way to alter one's state of mind.

The real difference is how each of the sexes handles the emotional things in their lives.

I.E. - Getting older and showing the effects of gravity:

> Balding 35 year old man with a softly growing keg where his six-pack used to be looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, yeah. Still a magnet for the hotties!"​

> 35 year old woman with a hint of stretch marks and a tummy that makes her favorite jeans a bit hard to get on looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, shit... I have my mothers ass!"​

-Joe

Or the day you ask, 'What's my wife got between her nipples?

......and then realise it's her navel!

You're forgetting sports and beer. Clearly we're not as simple as you'd like to think.

Of course, during caveman days they had tribal wars, but now that men have civilized, they've sublimated the urge to fight by watching sports. Beer doesn't fit the caveman image though. How does that fill a man's needs?

Yesterday, I was listening to Michael Medved on the radio. A guy called up saying he was very happy to be single again. He had been married for 10 years and was now divorced for 3. He said he was tired of all the obligations and responsibilities: The wife telling him to do this and that and telling him he had to go here and there. I guess the beer wasn't enough help and he had to finally cut loose.

That seems to be a gripe with a lot of men that the wife nags them. Are women biologically wired to nag or do men need nagging?

Women seem to be more "detailed" in what they capture from every day living...I can be doing one thing and notice another thing....and I am also making a running grocery list in my head at the same time.

Matthew, does not see any of what I see....he's simpler! :)

I don't nag him, because he is hopeless, he just isn't wired to see the details, and never will be...he also falls asleep the minute his head hits the pillow and I have to keep a notepad near by to write down all the things I know needs to be done, in order for me to fall asleep and even then i wake a couple of times a night, but he's sleeping like a baby, no worries in the world.

When I tease him about it, he says, "why do I need to worry about anything, I have you to do such?" hahahahahaha.... rotten bastard! :lol:

Care

Yesterday, I was listening to Michael Medved on the radio. A guy called up saying he was very happy to be single again. He had been married for 10 years and was now divorced for 3. He said he was tired of all the obligations and responsibilities: The wife telling him to do this and that and telling him he had to go here and there. I guess the beer wasn't enough help and he had to finally cut loose.

That seems to be a gripe with a lot of men that the wife nags them. Are women biologically wired to nag or do men need nagging?

This goes back to my question as to why women feel the need to change the men they choose.

Wild generalizations alert.
Women are more detail oriented. They are more practical. They do have finer motor coordination. they are more social, and they are in better touch with their feelings (and their man's) than most men are too. They tend to be more nuturing

Women bring these fine qualities to a life.

Men tend to be more conceptual. They are more theorectically oriented. WE have better gross motor corrdination and strength. WE are blessed with less feelings than most women which means we can do things which are horrible when necessary. We tend to be more protective than nurturing.

MNen bring thse finequalities to a life.

Put these two personality types together and you've got a team that can do amazing things together.

Not the least of which is the hardest job any of us have, which is raising kids who like themselves, but who aren't psychopathic monsters.

A man and women who love one another who set out on a goal are a formitable team.

Men and women are NOT equals, but they are EQUALLY important to each other because, generally and ideally speaking, they bring these different but essantial qualities to the relationship.

Your mileage may vary depending on your and your mate's genetic predisposition.

I think the biggest difference is that women tend to be much more emotional, and emotions tend to drive their actions and reactions to different events, moreso than men.

When reading your posts I am always struck at how shallow they are.

You regurgitate popular opinion as if it were your own original thought.

And you do so with such sincerity that it almost breaks my heart.

I know you mean well.

This goes back to my question as to why women feel the need to change the men they choose.

Out of chivalry?

Men can be just as controlling. I don't think it's a gender thing.

Out of chivalry?

then in GENERAL. What's this need people have to control thier mate ?

Out of chivalry?

A neurosis. An annoying personality trait. An indication that the person is not satisfied with their own self and feeling powerless. Parents do it to kids too. Friends to friends. I think people are often trying to manipulate other people to some extent. It's part of normal human interaction. Too much of it puts a strain on relationships.

Out of chivalry?

A neurosis. An annoying personality trait. An indication that the person is not satisfied with their own self and feeling powerless. Parents do it to kids too. Friends to friends. I think people are often trying to manipulate other people to some extent. It's part of normal human interaction. Too much of it puts a strain on relationships.

so a neurosis is the normal state of a human ?

Stop trying to get me to continue posting in this thread!
I will not be micro managed!!

:lol:

It's a neurosis when it goes too far. But no one is a perfect human being.

No worries, eel lady. You have made it quite clear that you are not to be trifled with. I'm just neurotic about getting to the bottom of things.
I have as much trouble with people who constantly do things to seek my approval as those who would like to cram me into their reality.

No worries, eel lady. You have made it quite clear that you are not to be trifled with. I'm just neurotic about getting to the bottom of things.
I have as much trouble with people who constantly do things to seek my approval as those who would like to cram me into their reality.

I can relate. Hey, if I rep you for this post it's not because I think you were seeking my approval or I am seeking yours. :tongue:

I can relate. Hey, if I rep you for this post it's not because I think you were seeking my approval or I am seeking yours. :tongue:

If you rep me I will assume it was driven by pure rationalty with no hidden agendas. ( unlike you're usual MO ) :lol:

If you rep me I will assume it was driven by pure rationalty with no hidden agendas. ( unlike you're usual MO ) :lol:

Get a room. :lol:

And why is it that women lose interest in sex after they're married? I hear this complaint over and over from men. Are people too busy? too tired and overworked? Does sex leave the woman's mind once she is married?

I can't speak for the entire gendre. As a matter of fact, I may change my mind about this after I hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Mrs. Code and I were married some time ago. When we met, it was winter time, but in the spring, I was a member of a co-ed beach volleyball team that played in the Thursday night League. Mrs. Code played on that team for the first summer that I knew her. Looked great in her beach volleyball outfit.

The second Summer that we were dating, we got married in June on a Friday afternoon. We had played Volleyball the previous night. Following that game, she never played volleyball again. Volleyball in the story above is not a metaphor for anything else.

It could be.

Anyway, in my experience with Mrs. Code and other young ladies who showed lack of good judgement, Sex is seen as two entirely different things by males and females.

To a man, sex is a stand alone thing, like playing football or fishing. A guy wants to do it and it's better with a friend and let's go.

To a woman, it's the result, reflection and extension of the depth of emotion and the degree of committment and go ahead.

For a man, it is the reason to exist. Nothing else is even on a par with it. For a woman, it's not much different than getting a new dress or a new pair of shoes. Makes her feel pretty, feel good, but, my goodness, "don't mess up my hair".

All commonalities are nice, but this particualr one differs within the genders by degrees of magnitude. For a woman to know what a man is feeling about sex, she needs to be operating outside the bounds of normalcy.

Woody Allen in one movie said that he was a Lesbian nymphomaniac trapped in a man's body. That pretty much sums it up.

Forum List

Back