Men who criticize women...

You pissed because some woman's got your dick in her purse or something?

I'm a man and I won't settle for less then a woman who knows her biological place in the relationship between Man and Woman, and who is committed to this principle.
The woman is the companion to this earth's greatest Creation.

Yeah, and how's that workin' for ya?

I have to say, this thread is a testament to your conclusion.

One of the smartest things the Feminist/Women's movement ever did was to push for the acceptance of casual sex in American society. They understood that with the acceptance of casual sex, the greater allowance of women to make decisions for themselves and the general decline of morality in general, the power in a relationship would move heavily in favor of the individual who held the power to give or restrain the amount of sex in the relationship.... the woman. This has led to at least two generations of males (my Generation X and Generation Y) who are in general so completely and totally pussy-whipped as to be of no greater value to society than pet dogs and cats.

One of the smartest things the Feminist/Women's movement ever did was to push for the acceptance of casual sex in American society. They understood that with the acceptance of casual sex, the greater allowance of women to make decisions for themselves and the general decline of morality in general, the power in a relationship would move heavily in favor of the individual who held the power to give or restrain the amount of sex in the relationship.... the woman. This has led to at least two generations of males (my Generation X and Generation Y) who are in general so completely and totally pussy-whipped as to be of no greater value to society than pet dogs and cats.

Not necessarily: Sex is cheap: Why young men have the upper hand in bed, even when they're failing in life. - By Mark Regnerus - Slate Magazine

We keep hearing that young men are failing to adapt to contemporary life. Their financial prospects are impaired—earnings for 25- to 34-year-old men have fallen by 20 percent since 1971. Their college enrollment numbers trail women's: Only 43 percent of American undergraduates today are men. Last year, women made up the majority of the work force for the first time. And yet there is one area in which men are very much in charge: premarital heterosexual relationships.

When attractive women will still bed you, life for young men, even those who are floundering, just isn't so bad. This isn't to say that all men direct the course of their relationships. Plenty don't. But what many young men wish for—access to sex without too many complications or commitments—carries the day. If women were more fully in charge of how their relationships transpired, we'd be seeing, on average, more impressive wooing efforts, longer relationships, fewer premarital sexual partners, shorter cohabitations, and more marrying going on. Instead, according to the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (which collects data well into adulthood), none of these things is occurring. Not one. The terms of contemporary sexual relationships favor men and what they want in relationships, not just despite the fact that what they have to offer has diminished, but in part because of it. And it's all thanks to supply and demand.

Someone help this guy out that time machine stuck in the 15th century.

Calling Doctor Eric Fromm, calling Doctor Fromm.... [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Art-Loving-Erich-Fromm/dp/0061129739/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: The Art of Loving (9780061129735): Erich Fromm: Books[/ame]

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." Sam Keen

Wha??? You're giving women too much credit...all most of us wanted was to have sex with the same abandon as men without being considered sluts or easy...well, that didn't work, we're still considered easy, while you men (some) still sit around patting each on the back and notching your belts with your sexual conquests. If men are having issues with their penises and hanging-down things, I would have to say it's in direction correlation to the size of their egos.

Wha??? You're giving women too much credit....

No, not really. Women simply realized that sex could be used very powerfully as a weapon against Men both by giving it and refusing it depending on the situation. It's actually a very simple leap of logic that was allowed by the fact that society suddenly ripped away a good deal of the moralistic barriers that had been in place for centuries. Women simply took advantage of this, and Men refused to do what was Right instead of what was easy.

In a proper relationship sex is not a primary nor a secondary consideration. Morals, values, socio-political beliefs, attitude, personality, and a slew of other things are much more important. However, most males now simply make relationship decisions based on their dicks instead of any sensible and logical factors.

Last edited:
It seems far more logical to establish the kind of relationship that can withstand the periods of faulty sex or complete lack of. Sometimes the laziest sex happens within marriages that are most successful in every other area. :(

It seems far more logical to establish the kind of relationship that can withstand the periods of faulty sex or complete lack of. Sometimes the laziest sex happens within marriages that are most successful in every other area. :(

True, but that requires actually working at a relationship, finding people who are compatible with each other, and looking past the physical and emotional interest of Lust to the concept of LOGIC.

Wha??? You're giving women too much credit....

No, not really. Women simply realized that sex could be used very powerfully as a weapon against Men both by giving it and refusing it depending on the situation. It's actually a very simple leap of logic that was allowed by the fact that society suddenly ripped away a good deal of the moralistic barriers that had been in place for centuries. Women simply took advantage of this, and Men refused to do what was Right instead of what was easy.

In a proper relationship sex is not a primary nor a secondary consideration. Morals, values, socio-political beliefs, attitude, personality, and a slew of other things are much more important. However, most males now simply make relationship decisions based on their dicks instead of any sensible and logical factors.

Logic really has very little to do with why folks get together. You present a very bleak view of the capabilities of men and women to have successful relationships without alterior motives, and I find that a sad.

Logic really has very little to do with why folks get together. You present a very bleak view of the capabilities of men and women to have successful relationships without alterior motives, and I find that a sad.

You're right that logic has very little to do with modern relationships. That's one of the reasons I believe they fail so often. We have allowed emotion to completely and totally dictate something that was never really intended to be an emotional event.

Realize that the idea of Romantic Love doesn't really exist in Western European Culture until the 13th Century, when a gentleman by the name of Sir Thomas Malory pens "Le Mort D'Arthur" and sparks a massive growth in the Chivalric movement and the creation of the ideals of Courtly Love. Yep, we've got Arthur and Gueneviere to thank for the whole idea of Romantic Love in Western society. Gee, how'd that work out for them?

Until that time, and even for centuries afterwards relationships were based mostly on economic and socio-political grounds. Love was an afterthought to the process, at best. I'm not sure we want to go all the way back to marriages arranged when the parties are children, but something closer to that might not be the worst idea we've ever come up with. Then again, since I'm 37 years old (as of today) and have never experienced Romantic Love in any way, I'm not really sure I believe it exists.

You're right that logic has very little to do with modern relationships. That's one of the reasons I believe they fail so often. We have allowed emotion to completely and totally dictate something that was never really intended to be an emotional event.

Realize that the idea of Romantic Love doesn't really exist in Western European Culture until the 13th Century, when a gentleman by the name of Sir Thomas Malory pens "Le Mort D'Arthur" and sparks a massive growth in the Chivalric movement and the creation of the ideals of Courtly Love. Yep, we've got Arthur and Gueneviere to thank for the whole idea of Romantic Love in Western society. Gee, how'd that work out for them?

Until that time, and even for centuries afterwards relationships were based mostly on economic and socio-political grounds. Love was an afterthought to the process, at best. I'm not sure we want to go all the way back to marriages arranged when the parties are children, but something closer to that might not be the worst idea we've ever come up with. Then again, since I'm 37 years old (as of today) and have never experienced Romantic Love in any way, I'm not really sure I believe it exists.

With seventy people on ignore, what the fuck would you know about relationships! :cuckoo:

You pissed because some woman's got your dick in her purse or something?

I'm a man and I won't settle for less then a woman who knows her biological place in the relationship between Man and Woman, and who is committed to this principle.
The woman is the companion to this earth's greatest Creation.

Yeah, and how's that workin' for ya?

As long as I am able to feed my own mouth and as long as I am still relatively young, there is not really a reason to put the interests of a woman over my interests.
Now, if I meet the right woman, then I will surely value her as she deserves.
Till then, me and my interests come first, because I'll someday reach an age where a lot of "doors" will be closed to me.

I've so far met only one woman whom I loved and whom I wanted to marry. And that is already 10-11 years ago. One day she said, that her parents decided to move back to Bosnia after the war. And so she was gone.
We still exchanged letters for about 1.5 years and we made plans to connect each other's lifes again in the future. But then she did not answer anymore. I suppose her father did not like it and had other plans for her.

She was perfect, it took me very long (years) to forget her. For a period I lived absent from any other woman, and behaved loyal to a woman who wasn't around anymore.
But that didn't make me happy, and each day I saw my friends whoring around with one woman after another and I became more and more an Alien to the lifestyle I should have lived at that age.
One day I woke up and admitted to myself, that I have a lot to catch up.

Now I'm 28, and sorry, If she isn't someone I'll want to marry, then there's only 1 reason I am meeting her. And I am fair and don't say, that "I love you".
So, to your original question about "how's that working for ya", I can't say, that I am unhappy.

Forum List

Back