Meet the MEN who Romney and Conservative Republicans are Supporting!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mustang, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    Remember when Romney and his supporters said that Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were apologizing for our values as the riots and attacks were unfolding on our embassy and consulate? Well, I didn't see an apology, and what these film makers did certainly doesn't reflect MY values. But I guess it reflects Romney's values and the values of conservatives since they've jumped ALL OVER this 'issue.'

The primary film maker, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, is in hiding. So, it will likely be some time before he comes out of his hole. Hell, for all anyone knows, he could be at the GOP headquarters.

But the other principal, Steve Klein, is MORE than happy to speak on camera to proudly announce his involvement. He hates those 'damn Mooslims' just like any self-respecting conservative who fought the so-called Mosque being built near ground zero in NYC.

Steve Klein’s anti-Muslim crusade - Salon.com

New details emerge of anti-Islam film's mystery producer - CNN.com

Think I'm overstating the case? I'm not. The 2012 Family Research Council's Value Voters Summit is going on RIGHT NOW in Washington DC. Back in 2011, there was a speaker there whose views seem to be right in line with Steve Klein's. His name is Bryan Fisher. You can listen to some of his views because he's not shy about sharing them. You think he and his supporters believe in the Constitution? Why? Because he says so just like all the other conservatives who are ALWAYS talking about the constitution? You better guess again. Below is what Fischer has to say about the 1st Amendment:
    Bryan Ficsher and Steve Klein are basically cut from the same cloth. So, if you want to know why Romney went on the attack against Obama in the aftermath of the attacks on our people, it's because they support the kind of people who make films like "The Innocence of Muslim."

The irony of all this is that these men (men like Klein and Fischer) are anti-Mormon as well as anti-Muslim. It's just a matter of degree. Undoubtedly, they would be anti-whatever your beliefs are if your beliefs don't align with theirs.

You can watch the movie that's causing all this trouble in ME at the last link.

Bryan Fischer's Speech To The Values Voter Summit | rightwingwatch.org

Fischer: No First Amendment Rights for Muslims | rightwingwatch.org

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM"]Sam Bacile Muhammad Movie FULL HD - Innocence of Muslims - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,178
    meh

An apolitical post on a POLITICS forum

3. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,296
    The movie reminds me of the video about Joseph Smith and the Mormons.

What the Islamics were doing at that time in history was not an abnormalidy in terms of empires . look at the Roman Catholics and there continuos wars, even against each other, their forms of torture and death.
    The social aspect of human interaction was like it was, cause that is what humans had been doing for many hundreds of years.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  4. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,443
    So what you're telling us is you have a problem with a First Amendment?

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    So you dont think people are entitled to Free speech if they say something bad or even wrong about Islam?

6. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    I don't know how you reach that conclusion. It is Bryan Fischer who clearly stated that "Islam has no fundamental First Amendment claims..."

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    I don't know. Perhaps because you are trying to claim that we are somehow bad for defending someone's free speech

8. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Liberals need to control the bad speech.

Things will be better trust them they know.

9. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    Are you aware that all of our rights have limits? Free speech doesn't give a person a right to engage in an incitement to riot.

10. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    anyone icited to riot over a movie is responsible for thier own actions, as well as the punishment they may recieve for thier actions.

I support free speech, while I would not make such a film, I stand for the right of others to do so. I will vote for a leader who holds the same values.