Where Do You Stand on the Issues?

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Ran across this internet poll on the issues today. It is more comprehensive in content than most of these on line polls, though the options offered on many questions were not comprehensive enough for me. I did not detect a strong bias in the options offered, however. They provide an option to write your own point of view and I had to do that on several questions which probably affected the polling results for me.

But try it, and if you are so inclined, post your results for this particular week in this campaign.

http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz

My results of who I most side with according to this website:

Romney 89%
Johnson 82%
Goode 80%
Obama 51%
New Mexico voters 45%
American voters 45%
91% Republican
68% Libertarian
18% Democrat
8% Green

Candidates you side with...
94%
Mitt Romney Republican
on economic, domestic policy, foreign policy, immigration, healthcare, science, social, and environmental issues
87%
Gary Johnson Libertarian
on economic, domestic policy, healthcare, and environmental issues
74%
Virgil Goode Constitution
on economic, domestic policy, healthcare, social, and environmental issues
58%
Barack Obama Democrat
on foreign policy and environmental issues
51%
American Voters
on domestic policy, healthcare, environmental, and science issues.
Show all candidates
Who you side with by party...
88%
Republican
65%
Libertarian
27%
Democrat
16%

Candidates you side with...

90% - Gary Johnson
86% - Virgil Goode
85% - Mitt Romney
36% - Barack Obama

No Surprises there
However, As compared to the rest of the voters in Florida it show that 57% agree with me
on the following issues: foreign policy, domestic policy, environmental, immigration, healthcare, and economic issues. Which means that the majority of the voters in Florida are going the conservative route which does not look good for Obama.

Johnson - 81%
Obama - 79%
Stein - 78%
Anderson - 66%

84% Democrat
75% Green
58% Libertarian
28% Republican

Sounds about right

Last edited:
Barack Obama - 94%
Jill Stein - 92%
Rocky Anderson - 65%
Gary Johnson - 58%
Mitt Romney - 12%
Virgil Goode - 1%
Florida Voters - 51%
American Voters - 55%

While I like Gary Johnson, after seeing a few of these over the years I strongly suspect most of them are produced by the Libertarian Party to illustrate to people how the party isn't as non-mainstream as publicized.

You could be right. I know absolutely nothing about this polling organization, but did like the less biased nature of the way the options were presented.

While I like Gary Johnson, after seeing a few of these over the years I strongly suspect most of them are produced by the Libertarian Party to illustrate to people how the party isn't as non-mainstream as publicized.

You could be right. I know absolutely nothing about this polling organization, but did like the less biased nature of the way the options were presented.

Yup. Truth be told, I think anything that can shoe-horn an alternate party into the national conversation is a good thing!

97% Green
97% Democrat
37% Libertarian
8% Republican

Makes you wonder what lunacy these Republicans are supporting?

That is exactly what it is. It avoids asking questions about policies of the Libertarian Party that 98% of Americans would disagree with.

It is a bogus poll.

"Do you like ice cream? Then YOU agree with Gary Johnson!!!"

Romney 94%
Johnson 64%

I didn't much like the way some of the options for the answere were formulated, simple for or against answers don't tell the whole story.

Romney 94%
Johnson 64%

I didn't much like the way some of the options for the answere were formulated, simple for or against answers don't tell the whole story.

I agree that for many of the questions, there was no option for my point of view. And I'm pretty sure that those for which we provided a separately worded opinion were not counted at all in the results.

I disagree with that. It SHOWS you how the candidates voted on the same questions. You can double check the thing. You can find out if the answer they gave is one you agree with. If you want.

The only thing you can't do is take your answers from four years ago and apply it today to find out if you support Romney or not. That's obviously not going to work.

99% Gary Johnson Libertarian
71% Virgil Goode Constitution
70% Jill Stein Green
54% Mitt Romney Republican
39% Barack Obama Democrat

No surprises for me. Except that perhaps when I factor in the relative honesty and consistency of the candidate's positions - Romney drops to the bottom, even below Obama.

That is exactly what it is. It avoids asking questions about policies of the Libertarian Party that 98% of Americans would disagree with.

It is a bogus poll.

"Do you like ice cream? Then YOU agree with Gary Johnson!!!"

Didn't see any ice cream questions.

So, are you saying you came out Libertarian on the survey too? Like rdean did?

Or wait, no, he didn't. His charted fairly accurately. What ARE you saying exactly?

Forum List

Back