Medical marijuana

My concern is that the majority of posters in this thread don't seem to know the difference between medical marijuana and recreational marijuana, and it's that conflation of the two, combined with the hysterical fear of Reefer Madness that has complicated the legalization process.

I don't need to know the difference. All I need to know is that the main chemical in that crap (THC) has mind altering effects and therefore has no place in the hands of citizens.

When do you start demanding the banning of other mind-altering things...like coffee, chocolate, and good sex?

Sorry Jarlaxle

1. I don't see the same arguments made than any of these
change the actual DNA of the person using these. I've seen friends
have chronic issues with near paranoid rejection because they
altered their brain chemistry and personality. You can argue they
already had such a personality, but the more they relied on pot,
they denied and suppressed they had any such problem.

2. Nobody is SMOKING coffee, chocolate, or good sex.
Part of the damage is caused just by the fact the pot
is being SMOKED

3. What I find most disturbing is the people pushing pot
for medicinal purposes, don't care equally to research
spiritual healing methods that are even MORE natural,
FREE, and can cure more ills by addressing the root cause
unlike marijuana which only temporary relieves symptoms.

This alone shows the motive is more selfish about wanting
to smoke pot or to use this as a political statement about authority.

If the issue were truly to provide natural remedy and comfort to more
people, then as many would push for spiritual healing to be researched
and not just pushing marijuana by piggybacking on medical arguments.

Spiritual healing is used to cure addiction itself, and could potentially
end the reliance on alcohol, pot or other drugs to feed such an addiction.

So if pot users avoid spiritual healing, maybe they want to stay addicted?

Cannabis is not addictive. We've known that for thousands of years.

They even admitted that in D.A.R.E.

Funny how a person can dig up "studies" to endorse whatever their position happens to be in order to make them feel better about themselves. Self-deception, but it's a powerful alluring entity to the equation.
"Funny how" marijuana having zero potential for death by overdose has the moral crusaders inducing (land of the free) government to have a 8 decade war against citizens exercising their natural rights to life , liberty and pursuit of happiness - yet every year sports accidents kill and wound thousands of participants / people die in "church bus" accidents
10dtCYP.jpg

You're fortunate. Correct diet can resolve many issues, but most deny how important a role diet actually plays.
I have unnatural growth on several of my vertebra - facet joints . Diet is not going to change that . I just have to live a life of dodging pain by several remedies . The drug "Lyrica" gives me a lot of pain relief / marijuana and taking "water pills" when the barometric pressure is dropping also help . ;/)
uTioP.jpg

When do you start demanding the banning of other mind-altering things...like coffee, chocolate, and good sex?

Some of those are already banned in my home.... I can't stand the snell of coffee. It makes me nauseous. Sex is for procreation not enjoyment.
Sex is for procreation not enjoyment.
no wonder you hate life so much....you are one of them....

My concern is that the majority of posters in this thread don't seem to know the difference between medical marijuana and recreational marijuana, and it's that conflation of the two, combined with the hysterical fear of Reefer Madness that has complicated the legalization process.

I don't need to know the difference. All I need to know is that the main chemical in that crap (THC) has mind altering effects and therefore has no place in the hands of citizens.

Sorry Jarlaxle

is being SMOKED

it can be mentally .....

It is stupid for the government to deny people medical marijuana when its effects have been well documented recently with success in treating many symptoms that cancer patient's suffer from, such as loss of appetite/weight loss (it is an appetite stimulant - hence people jonesing for snacks), and it relaxes people and allows them to fall asleep, as well as reportedly relief from pain without all the nasty side effects. Apparently, they can make it in a concentrated pill form too. They already use Marinol quite often to treat cancer patients, AIDS patients, and others.

I personally do not see how it helps. And it can cause extreme paranoia. But, if it does help those in need I am good with that.

Some of those are already banned in my home.... I can't stand the snell of coffee. It makes me nauseous. Sex is for procreation not enjoyment.

You do not enjoy sex?
If you do not plan on having children then, you just abstain?

Why not use the same processes and regulations to have MJ approved for medical use as other drugs?

I personally do not see how it helps. And it can cause extreme paranoia. But, if it does help those in need I am good with that.
I appreciate that you aren't interested in having me jailed for a certain lifestyle choice of mine . May you find political candidates to vote for on the ballot who want to end the war on tokers . We tokers do have better things to do than continue to defend our selves against our own government's nearly 8 decade injustice against us .
images

Why not use the same processes and regulations to have MJ approved for medical use as other drugs?
simple . . . . because government has not yet , nor will it ever find means to effectively control the cultivation , marketing or use of marijuana . . . . . . Government really , really hates it when they can't control something , almost as much as they hate admitting their un-constitutional and freedom destroying actions . Government acts as goons to protect profits of pharmaceutical , alcohol , prisons for profit , rehab and legal industries , along with pacifying the moral crusaders .
quote-the-most-dangerous-man-to-any-government-is-the-man-who-is-able-to-think-things-out-without-h-l-mencken-125753.jpg

Last edited:

Since when is sex just for procreation and not enjoyment? Guess there's no need for the birth control industry and choices for prevention. Maybe you came to this conclusion when you got to old to partake. That should never have to happen bar illness. Sex, with a loved one, deepens a relationship and intimacy is a wonderful thing given that scenario.

Since when is sex just for procreation and not enjoyment? Guess there's no need for the birth control industry and choices for prevention. Maybe you came to this conclusion when you got to old to partake. That should never have to happen bar illness. Sex, with a loved one, deepens a relationship and intimacy is a wonderful thing given that scenario.

I came to that conclusion before I ever had sex for the first time.

I came to that conclusion before I ever had sex for the first time.
no wonder you have the mind set you have.....

Sorry Jarlaxle

is being SMOKED

Dear Pogo:
I hate to say this but you are making Carly Fiorina look good.
At least she is honest in saying pot is not like beer,
instead of pretending it's not addictive.

Now of course critics will argue alcohol is more dangerous than pot,
but at least even the criticism below of Fiorina's statement (that her daughter's death wasn't from pot but addiction
to alcohol and other drugs) admits that pot is "FAR LESS addictive."

So even the critics of Fiorina won't say it isn't addictive at all, if they want to be credible and taken seriously:

Aspiring presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is catching flak this week for false statements about the relative safety of marijuana, as well as conflating cannabis legalization with the death of her daughter from alcohol and prescription pills.
During the presidential debates last week, Fiorina responded to a question about cannabis legalization by saying that:

“My husband Frank and I buried a child to drug addiction. We must invest more in the treatment of drugs. … We are misleading young people when we tell them that marijuana is just like having a beer. It’s not. And the marijuana they’re smoking today is not the same marijuana that Jeb Bush smoked 40 years ago. We need to tell young people the truth. Drug addiction is an epidemic and it is taking too many of our young people. I know this sadly from personal experience.”​
Fiorina’s daughter died at age 35 from alcohol and prescription drug abuse, not marijuana, Fiorina wrote in her auto-biography.
Cannabis is also 110 times less toxic than alcohol. About 88,000 Americans will die this year from alcohol’s health effects. Cannabis has no lethal overdose, Vox notes.
The charge that marijuana is stronger now also rings hollow. Increased potency means users smoke far less of the plant to get the same effects. Cannabis smoking is also not associated with lung cancer.
Cannabis is also far less addictive than legal drugs alcohol, tobacco, or caffeine, let alone the opioids which are driving the nation’s addiction epidemic, theWashington Post reports.

Fiorina has also lied about the state of cannabis research, saying “we don’t understand what it does to your body.” FactCheck.org called that claim “inaccurate”.
=============
I happen to agree with Fiorina on this one, that it's better to err on the side of caution. I support decriminalization, but not legalization unless we could require spiritual healing or monitoring for abuse and addictions, and that's really too personal and not something that can be mandated. That's why this gets complicated, and I would even lobby for a different level of law (like health & safety) where abuses and addictions could be managed by a local ordinance that private communities can agree on so it's not govt imposing mandates from the top down.
Like the inhouse policies of a college, let each community voluntarily agree to a local ordinance, such as a rule not to sell to any addicted person, or enable use by an addicted person, but maybe requiring a health professional program to address the addiction and only allow use for addicted persons under supervision so it's not feeding the addiction and causing harm or damage.
Servers at bars are not supposed to serve people already in certain conditions, so maybe the same can be done here to make sure nobody is enabling a dangerous addiction or abuse. But since that is personal, and not really the business of govt, then this would have to be addressed locally.
One of the problems with passing the ACA mandates and putting govt in charge of more health care is this business of legalizing pot which is contentious and divisive as legalizing abortion -- people have deeply held beliefs and do not want to be forced by govt to pay for the consequences of the opposing beliefs.

Instead of becoming more independent of govt, thanks to the ACA mandates now the prolife people can refuse to pay for abortifacient drugs since the law would otherwise compel them to pay indirectly for that; and similarly people like me can argue we don't want to pay for health care for people who damage their brains refusing to admit they are addicted to abusing alcohol, marijuana, or other drugs.

I'd say it is better to remove govt from making one policy, and divide the health care plans and social security/marital benefits by party to fund these independently, so people can contribute to plans that allow whatever choice they support, of abortion, drugs, guns, marriage policies, etc.
And stay out of each other's business instead of making members of opposing parties pay for consequences they don't believe should be a choice.

Last edited:

"Procreation will be an annual formality like the renewal of a ration card. We shall abolish the orgasm. Our neurologists are at work upon it now."

"Procreation will be an annual formality like the renewal of a ration card. We shall abolish the orgasm. Our neurologists are at work upon it now."

I'm guessing that's a quote from someone? If so, I don't know the referenced material.

I see peocreation as an optionsl concept, personally. One I have zero interest in participating in. Therefore I have little need for sex in my life.

As for orgasms..... they're really a waste, for both genders.

Forum List

Back