Media Ignorance is the Problem

Wow, just wow. What an article. Mollie Hemingway lays it all out. Turns out the idiot posters on this site are only symptoms of the problem. The article gives example after example of pure ignorance from left wing journalists writing about things they dont understand and dont know about. But that doesnt stop them. I figured the yayhoos on this site were a bunch of atypical misfits. I was wrong. They are all too typical.
Media Ignorance Is Becoming A Serious Problem

They're not ignorant, they are determined to push an agenda and doing a pretty good job of it.

Typical right wing nonsense from the Rabbi. Hugh Hewitt asks Carter - political economy writer - a few questions and based on that comes to the conclusion he could have arrived at without even an interview. Gawd this stuff is dumb, any wonder the right wing in America accomplishes nothing but whining. Whine on righties, you all do it better than anyone.

Orcinus Hewitt A lying liar

'Hewitt: A lying liar'

"Digby has an excellent post holding up right-wing pundit Hugh Hewitt as an example of the pathology of movement conservatives, particularly their open mendaciousness in dealing with the uproar over The Path to 9/11.

Digby pretty much says it all ("Nobody in this entire episode has behaved with less integrity, less dignity or less probity"), and the Hewitt post that he focuses on is indeed a festering pile of falsehoods and distortions. But this one particularly stood out for me:" see link

You understand you just demonstrated what the problem is, right? You merely dismiss anyone who disagrees with you without a scintilla of evidence or even cogent argument.

"You understand you just demonstrated what the problem is, right? You merely dismiss anyone who disagrees with you without a scintilla of evidence or even cogent argument."-Rabbi

You just described yourself.

Lol! Regardless of what you attack The Rabbi for, at least he isn't trying to eliminate freedom of speech for those with differing views like the left is trying to do to the right in America. Leftism is modern fascism.

Typical right wing nonsense from the Rabbi. Hugh Hewitt asks Carter - political economy writer - a few questions and based on that comes to the conclusion he could have arrived at without even an interview. Gawd this stuff is dumb, any wonder the right wing in America accomplishes nothing but whining. Whine on righties, you all do it better than anyone.

"Digby has an excellent post holding up right-wing pundit Hugh Hewitt as an example of the pathology of movement conservatives, particularly their open mendaciousness in dealing with the uproar over The Path to 9/11.

Digby pretty much says it all ("Nobody in this entire episode has behaved with less integrity, less dignity or less probity"), and the Hewitt post that he focuses on is indeed a festering pile of falsehoods and distortions. But this one particularly stood out for me:" see link

You understand you just demonstrated what the problem is, right? You merely dismiss anyone who disagrees with you without a scintilla of evidence or even cogent argument.

"You understand you just demonstrated what the problem is, right? You merely dismiss anyone who disagrees with you without a scintilla of evidence or even cogent argument."-Rabbi

Lol! Regardless of what you attack The Rabbi for, at least he isn't trying to eliminate freedom of speech for those with differing views like the left is trying to do to the right in America. Leftism is modern fascism.

First of all, Rabbi attacked another poster, you have no problem with that?
Secondly, you attack everyone who disagrees with your ideological philosophy, so drop the holier than thou crap.
Thirdly, your signature reeks of extremist paranoia.
See a shrink.

There is not a more ignorant, arrogant pompous asshole than you on this forum. You have no fuckin clue as to how the world works. That's why you're a big government communist, you're just too fuckin dumb to survive in life without government holding your hand from cradle to grave.

Actually, I personally have very little direct interaction with government, Cleetus. And how is it that when Republicans get into power, they make Government Bigger? The last four Cabinet level departments - Intelligence, Homeland Security, Environment and Veteran's Affairs - were made so by Republican Presidents.

Conservatives don't believe in science. That's gotta be up for one of the most ignorant statements of 2015. While I'm on the libertarian side of conservatism, I both believe in God and science. Believe it or not, many conservatives have this approach.

Well, you can't. You either belive in Science or you believe in a Magic Sky Fairy. Those are contradictory views.

Speaking of myths, how about the myth of man-caused climate change? Now there's a myth. And as science from NASA has just shown, the polar ice caps have not receded since 1979. Wasn't the big scare back then, over a decade before I was born, "global cooling" and "ice age"? But brain dead sheep like ewe fall for it because you're useful idiots for the communists agenda for taking people's money away and establishing a communist dictatorship in America.

95% of Climate Scientists believe that AGW is a real thing. But even if they didn't, I can see it in my own life. I can see how when I was a kid in the 1970's, the winters in Chicago were brutal and today, not so much.

Oh, back in the 1970's, you had one article in Time that talked about a "new ice age", but even back then, a lot of scientists thought AGW was a real thing. Again, profound right wing ignorance, repeating whatever you heard on Hate Radio.

The 1970s Ice Age Myth and Time Magazine Covers by David Kirtley Greg Laden s Blog

Fake-skeptics read these stories and only focus on the Coming Ice Age angle, and they enlarge the importance of those scientists who focused on that angle. They totally ignore the rest of the picture of 1970s climate science: that increasing CO2 would cause global warming.

Yeah, it works so good that people in those countries fortunate enough to have extra income come here to have medical treatments. Yeah, obamacare which is not even as atrocious as single payer is so good, that the hypocritical communist shitstains who wrote it exempted themselves from it.

Guy, rich people from other countries coming here for treatments most Americans don't have access to because their insurance won't cover it is not a good system.

You make the argument that "Social Democracy sucks because the rich don't have as many privilages" is kind of silly when 95% of us aren't rich.

Wow, just wow. What an article. Mollie Hemingway lays it all out. Turns out the idiot posters on this site are only symptoms of the problem. The article gives example after example of pure ignorance from left wing journalists writing about things they dont understand and dont know about. But that doesnt stop them. I figured the yayhoos on this site were a bunch of atypical misfits. I was wrong. They are all too typical.
Very few are well read, and have expertise across many boundaries. The media relays stories and events as they appear from various sources. It's very difficult to research each piece of information in a very short and limited time span. Basically, it's up to each individual to decide what's important enough to actually spend the time required to "prove-out" every single item in every single story. As far as history is concerned, it's not necessarily relevant in many stories that make headlines. Knowing names and date may be relevant and important when one claims to be an expert in certain fields, but rarely does it come into play when reporting current events.
So, no current event ever rises out of past issues? There is no escalating base of information that leads someone to a conclusion that past actions, failed solutions, and political tripe have not all permeated whichever issue you wish to broach, and that doing the due diligence of investigation is simply a waste of time in today's credibility model?

OOOhhh cutting!
OK not really. It was a lame attempt to compensate for extreme butt hurt after I pointed out that every graph you post is wrong.

Secondly, you attack everyone who disagrees with your ideological philosophy, so drop the holier than thou crap.
See a shrink.
Oh gee no one ever attacks another poster on this site. LOL!!!
You're such a fucking tool. You cant even address the OP.

They're not ignorant, they are determined to push an agenda and doing a pretty good job of it.
No, the article demonstrated a profound ignorance. Yes, they have an agenda to push. But in the course of that they reveal how little they know about whatever they are writing about. Who writes about the Iraq War without having read Bush's memoirs or Cheney's memoirs on it? You cant, and pretend to any kind of authority.

There is not a more ignorant, arrogant pompous asshole than you on this forum. You have no fuckin clue as to how the world works. That's why you're a big government communist, you're just too fuckin dumb to survive in life without government holding your hand from cradle to grave.

Actually, I personally have very little direct interaction with government, Cleetus.

Judging by your posts, you flat out don't have what it takes to survive without heavy dependence on the government to get you through life.

And how is it that when Republicans get into power, they make Government Bigger? The last four Cabinet level departments - Intelligence, Homeland Security, Environment and Veteran's Affairs - were made so by Republican Presidents.

I hate the Republican Party every bit as much as the Democrat Party. Actually, I hate then GOP (Grand Old Progressives) more than the Democrat Party. At least the Democrat Party is up front about being big government, while the Republicans lie about being for smaller government. Republicans also gave us the unconstitutional patriot act. Oh, and under George W. Bush, we got the biggest increase in government size and spending since Lyndon B. Johnson. I truly hate the Republican Party, outside of Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, they're nothing but a bunch of lying backstabbing sacks of shit.

Conservatives don't believe in science. That's gotta be up for one of the most ignorant statements of 2015. While I'm on the libertarian side of conservatism, I both believe in God and science. Believe it or not, many conservatives have this approach.

Well, you can't. You either belive in Science or you believe in a Magic Sky Fairy. Those are contradictory views.

So, what you're saying is the scientific community is 100% atheist? There are no scientists who believe in God?

I actually thought you were being sarcastic the first time with this one. But, I underestimated what an amazingly dumb person you truly are. The following famous scientists had strong beliefs in God, and also provided major contributions to the world of science:

Nicholas Copernicus
Sir Francis Bacon
Johannes Kepeler
Galileo Galilei
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
Robert Boyle
Michael Faraday
Gregor Mendel
Lord William Kelvin
George Stokes
James Maxwell
Maxwell Planck

Thanks for continuing to prove what an ignorant ass you truly are.

Speaking of myths, how about the myth of man-caused climate change? Now there's a myth. And as science from NASA has just shown, the polar ice caps have not receded since 1979. Wasn't the big scare back then, over a decade before I was born, "global cooling" and "ice age"? But brain dead sheep like ewe fall for it because you're useful idiots for the communists agenda for taking people's money away and establishing a communist dictatorship in America.

95% of Climate Scientists believe that AGW is a real thing.

If you're going to use a fabrication, at least get its number correct, the lie is 97%, and this lie have been debunked. Radical zealot, John Cook, and his zealot con artist cult following fabricated this number, this group of eco-zealots rated papers and works of multiple authors. Rather than letting all authors of the papers rate their own work, and many authors weren’t even contacted and their papers wrongly rated, these radicals rated their papers for them, thus the result was that the “97% consensus”.

But even if they didn't, I can see it in my own life. I can see how when I was a kid in the 1970's, the winters in Chicago were brutal and today, not so much.

I guess you completely missed the winter the Bay State and New England states had.

There are global warming/climate change alarmists who woke up and defected from the radical movement. The biggest blow came when the father of climate change/global warming,James Lovelock defected from it and stated: “The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we did 20 years ago.”

Other major names in the global warming/climate change movement to defect and become skeptics: Lennart Bengtsson, Fritz Vahrenholt (he wrote a book: "Die Kalte Sonne"), Judith Curry are just some of them.

For the record, there is climate change, but man has nothing to do with it. Whatever the climate wants to do, it's going to do. Those pushing the climate change alarmism are playing on the natural cycles of the planet to panic dumbshits into accepting more control and regulations, and having more money of theirs being taken away, all while these alarmists use nature to implement tyrannical communism.

Last edited:

See a shrink.

Would you like a little whine with that cheese? Hey shit-for-brains, try looking up the definition of paranoia before using that word, because you clearly don't know what the fuck it means. Try sticking to words with one or two letters in them, because that's the limit of your intelligence.

Judging by your posts, you flat out don't have what it takes to survive without heavy dependence on the government to get you through life.

Judging by your posts, people probably cross the street when you approach and the neighborhood children are frightened of you.

So, what you're saying is the scientific community is 100% atheist? There are no scientists who believe in God?

I actually thought you were being sarcastic the first time with this one. But, I underestimated what an amazingly dumb person you truly are. The following famous scientists had strong beliefs in God, and also provided major contributions to the world of science:

You mean guys who lived centuries ago when they burned you for saying there was no God? That's the best you got? Really? Galileo, the guy the Church threatened to burn for saying the Earth went around the sun? Or Giordano Bruno, who the Church actually DID burn for saying so. How about those churchmen who called vaccinations "The Devil's Needle" because Smallpox was part of God's plan?

I guess you completely missed the winter the Bay State and New England states had.

No, i just don't mistake "Climate" for "Weather". They are two different thing, Cleetus.

If you read the front pages of every media outlet on Earth, you'd still only learn about the 1% or so of newsworthy things they write about.

Media isn't news. It's entertainment for stupid people.

Forum List

Back