Media Ignorance is the Problem

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Wow, just wow. What an article. Mollie Hemingway lays it all out. Turns out the idiot posters on this site are only symptoms of the problem. The article gives example after example of pure ignorance from left wing journalists writing about things they dont understand and dont know about. But that doesnt stop them. I figured the yayhoos on this site were a bunch of atypical misfits. I was wrong. They are all too typical.
Media Ignorance Is Becoming A Serious Problem

Change that to Media CORRUPTION and you've got something
Go read the article. Great read. Writers wondering why this pope is also the Bishop of Rome. Writers referring to a bishop's "crow's ear." Writers admitting they've never read the most basic books about the Iraq War but are somehow qualified to talk about it anyway. Writers admitting that maybe they've heard of Alger Hiss but they're not clear on the concept.

The media has demonstrated a pack mentality for a long time and the internet has only made it worse. Rather than doing the old-fashioned hard work of investigating, all a "reporter" has to do now is pop online and find a version of a story they want to leverage.

Making it worse, of course, is the growing political division in the country. It's not as if "journalists" are immune to those divisions. Journalism and advocacy journalism are becoming less and less distinguishable.

My first assignment in my first class on my first day of college (I was a journalism/broadcasting major) in 1975 was to read All the President's Men. I've always thought that book was as damaging to journalism and it was helpful. It created "journalist as celebrity" in a way, and probably had a hand in moving advocacy journalism along.

Anyway, none of this is surprising.

Writers admitting they've never read the most basic books about the Iraq War but are somehow qualified to talk about it anyway.

You don't need to read a book about the Iraq war to know Dubya fucked it up.

It's kind of obvious.
No, Joe. YOU dont need facts to form an opinion. That's obvious.
But most sane people understand that opinions based on something other than facts are simply wrong.

Writers admitting they've never read the most basic books about the Iraq War but are somehow qualified to talk about it anyway.

You don't need to read a book about the Iraq war to know Dubya fucked it up.

It's kind of obvious.

And the debunked far left religious propaganda continues on without question or hesitation.

But what do you expect from these drones that support the illegal wars of Obama..

The media has demonstrated a pack mentality for a long time and the internet has only made it worse. Rather than doing the old-fashioned hard work of investigating, all a "reporter" has to do now is pop online and find a version of a story they want to leverage.

Making it worse, of course, is the growing political division in the country. It's not as if "journalists" are immune to those divisions. Journalism and advocacy journalism are becoming less and less distinguishable.

My first assignment in my first class on my first day of college (I was a journalism/broadcasting major) in 1975 was to read All the President's Men. I've always thought that book was as damaging to journalism and it was helpful. It created "journalist as celebrity" in a way, and probably had a hand in moving advocacy journalism along.

Anyway, none of this is surprising.

One issue is that journalists first write the story and then go looking for the facts. So "rape culture on campus" is the story and UVA becomes the fact. Of course it didnt pan out that way.
"Bush lied us into war" is the story. Of course the facts dont support that either.
But we live ina narrative based time, not a fact based time. We see it here, sadly, every single day.

But most sane people understand that opinions based on something other than facts are simply wrong.

dimocrap filth speak in broad, sweeping platitudes and seldom mention names in their mindless accusations

Their whole lives consist of bumper sticker slogans.

They're just fucking stupid. Get over it. They're not worth the bother

Did it really?

Before Woodward and Bernstein, there was Walter Winchell, there was Walter Conkrite declaring the Vietnam War a failure, there was Edward R. Murrow taking on McCarthy. The Celebrity Journalist has been with us as long as we've had a free press.

5000 dead Troops. One Trillion Dollars wasted. Those are facts.

The Iraq war was based on a lie and made matters worse in every conceivable way.

Did it really?

Before Woodward and Bernstein, there was Walter Winchell, there was Walter Conkrite declaring the Vietnam War a failure, there was Edward R. Murrow taking on McCarthy. The Celebrity Journalist has been with us as long as we've had a free press.
You could go back to the muckrackers for that matter. Or Oliphants cartoons of Tammany.
But Woodward/Bernstein did provide the model of the modern investigative journalist "speaking truth to power." They were heroes when I was a kid.

The Iraq war was based on a lie and made matters worse in every conceivable way.
See, there you go again. Sweeping statement unsupported by any fact. It's all you've got. Because you have about a 5th grade education.

One issue is that journalists first write the story and then go looking for the facts. So "rape culture on campus" is the story and UVA becomes the fact. Of course it didnt pan out that way.

No, it didn't. Someone didn't do their job. That doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of rape going on at America's campuses or that Universities do a lot to cover them up.

"Bush lied us into war" is the story. Of course the facts dont support that either.
But we live ina narrative based time, not a fact based time. We see it here, sadly, every single day.

Sorry, dude. Bush lied. He said there were WMD's and there weren't WMD's.

The far left celebrate each death and has to make Iraq a failure ion order to fit their narrative from 2003 - 2009, instead of being silent like they are now for Obama's illegal wars..

Most of the lies being told during this time period were coming from the far left narrative..

No, it didn't. Someone didn't do their job. That doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of rape going on at America's campuses or that Universities do a lot to cover them up.

So just because there are no facts supporting the narrative doesnt mean it isnt true? LOL. Typical for you, Joe. You are a lying cocksucker moonbat angry at the universe for your own shortcomings.

And the debunked far left narrative still runs without question or hesitation.

Which is why the far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet..

You could go back to the muckrackers for that matter. Or Oliphants cartoons of Tammany.
But Woodward/Bernstein did provide the model of the modern investigative journalist "speaking truth to power." They were heroes when I was a kid.

I think you fall into the trap of only thinking what has happened in your own life matters. These guys weren't the first to speak "Truth to Power", and they won't be the last.

See, there you go again. Sweeping statement unsupported by any fact. It's all you've got. Because you have about a 5th grade education.

Guy, even Bush has admitted the Iraq War was a fuckup. (Too bad he didn't mention that to his brother before the guy shat the bed last week.)

Forum List

Back