Media Ignorance is the Problem

Wow, just wow. What an article. Mollie Hemingway lays it all out. Turns out the idiot posters on this site are only symptoms of the problem. The article gives example after example of pure ignorance from left wing journalists writing about things they dont understand and dont know about. But that doesnt stop them. I figured the yayhoos on this site were a bunch of atypical misfits. I was wrong. They are all too typical.
Media Ignorance Is Becoming A Serious Problem

I agree, an excellent article. I think it is a mistake to assume this is a problem unique to the left though. It highlights the importance of not simply accepting something as true because a reporter says it is true. Any reporter who leans in either political direction is going to slant information in that direction.
It's mostly a problem of the Left because most reporters are on the Left. Yes, it happens among conservatives as well. But generally I've seen it more among libs.

I've heard that said. I don't know if it is true or not. I haven't seen any evidence to support that most reporters are on the left. However, taking that at face value one would have to wonder why a segment of our society which is by nature one of the best informed groups (that is how they make their living, after all) would tend to be on the left. That alone makes me question the claim.

Personally, think most reporters just report.
Journalists Media Professionals Donating Frequently to Federal Political Candidates this Election Cycle OpenSecrets Blog
Nope. The evidence is clear of left wing bias in the news and among reporters.

Do you recall I said one must not simply accept what a reporter says? That goes even more for bloggers. What you linked gave a number as 235 - out of how many reporters in the country? Bureau of labor says close to 58,000. And the blog didn't provide any stats at all, just a few anecdotes. For all we know, most of those 235 were donating on the right. So the evidence is anything but clear.

But it does bring back the question. Why do you think a group of citizens who are clearly far more informed than almost all other groups would so widely lean to the left?

Change that to Media CORRUPTION and you've got something
Go read the article. Great read. Writers wondering why this pope is also the Bishop of Rome. Writers referring to a bishop's "crow's ear." Writers admitting they've never read the most basic books about the Iraq War but are somehow qualified to talk about it anyway. Writers admitting that maybe they've heard of Alger Hiss but they're not clear on the concept.

lol, the poster who couldn't have been more wrong about Iraq start to finish, then till now, is trying to point to the ignorance of others on Iraq.

Wow, just wow. What an article. Mollie Hemingway lays it all out. Turns out the idiot posters on this site are only symptoms of the problem. The article gives example after example of pure ignorance from left wing journalists writing about things they dont understand and dont know about. But that doesnt stop them. I figured the yayhoos on this site were a bunch of atypical misfits. I was wrong. They are all too typical.

I agree, an excellent article. I think it is a mistake to assume this is a problem unique to the left though. It highlights the importance of not simply accepting something as true because a reporter says it is true. Any reporter who leans in either political direction is going to slant information in that direction.
It's mostly a problem of the Left because most reporters are on the Left. Yes, it happens among conservatives as well. But generally I've seen it more among libs.

I've heard that said. I don't know if it is true or not. I haven't seen any evidence to support that most reporters are on the left. However, taking that at face value one would have to wonder why a segment of our society which is by nature one of the best informed groups (that is how they make their living, after all) would tend to be on the left. That alone makes me question the claim.

Journalists Media Professionals Donating Frequently to Federal Political Candidates this Election Cycle OpenSecrets Blog

The press has always had 'bias'. The whole point of putting freedom of the press into the Bill of Rights comes from that fact.
Conservatives have simply come up with a new form of suppressing the press with the right's constant attack on 'bias' as if it were a crime.

And of course no media is more biased than the rightwing media. You people should be attacking your pals in the media.

So -- Now we're the Party of The Rich again?

I thought we were the Party of the uneducated rednecks?

Since when do uneducated rednecks make 6 figures as a matter of course?

Your next post will probably portray us as just that.

I get confused...... Am I rich and uncaring or poor, racist, misogynistic, anti-science and stupid?

Oh, I'll admit, you get confused. I'll try to explain it to you.

You see, when the GOP gets into power, they do the things the rich want. Sign Free Trade Treaties, bust unions, weaken regulations and consumer protections, pass Tort Reforms that keep folks like you from seeking redress. And they get you dumb-ass, shit kicking rednecks to vote for that shit because they play on your fears.

You know what never happens when the GOP gets into power. Abortion doesn't get banned. Gays end up getting more rights. Mexicans never get deported. Your kids still get taught evolution and can't say prayers in school.

So you end up with the things in the first grouping that really don't do much for a shit-kicking redneck like you, but you never get the second grouping.

Case in point, Bush and Cheney couldn't stop talking about Gay Marriage in 2004, and how that was going to destroy the family and make Baby Jesus Cry. And you shit-kicking, stupid ass rednecks bought into it, which is how he won Ohio and Iowa and a few other states. But the minute the election was over, they never mentioned it again. They never proposed that Marriage Amendment they promised.

They did, however, hatch a whacky scheme to take the Social Security Trust Fund and gamble it on Wall Street.

Yes, people who don't believe in Evolution or Science are criticizing the "ignorance' of the other side.

So, anyone who brings up the ignorance of the media, or much more accurately: the radical-left propaganda machine the media is for the Democrat party; these people on the other side don't believe in evolution or science? Wow!!!

How about this, if in the next life you're fortunate enough to have been born as modern man instead of Neanderthal which is where you are currently at; then we can bring this discussion up again.

Do you recall I said one must not simply accept what a reporter says? That goes even more for bloggers. What you linked gave a number as 235 - out of how many reporters in the country? Bureau of labor says close to 58,000. And the blog didn't provide any stats at all, just a few anecdotes. For all we know, most of those 235 were donating on the right. So the evidence is anything but clear.

But it does bring back the question. Why do you think a group of citizens who are clearly far more informed than almost all other groups would so widely lean to the left?
You clearly do not understand what was posted or the nature of evidence.

So, anyone who brings up the ignorance of the media, or much more accurately: the radical-left propaganda machine the media is for the Democrat party; these people on the other side don't believe in evolution or science? Wow!!!

How about this, if in the next life you're fortunate enough to have been born as modern man instead of Neanderthal which is where you are currently at; then we can bring this discussion up again.

Wow, guy, that was even less coherent than your normal rants.

Okay, here's the thing. Many- not all - conservatives are pretty ignorant of how the world works. They don't believe in Science, they believe in mythology. They don't speak any languages other than their own, they don't own passports, and when they say shit like 'Single payer health care would never work", they generally have to ignore all the countries it works just fine in.

[.

That is precisely the problem. They are not more informed. They are clearly less informed than many others. And that is precisely why they lean to the Left (nice of you to admit it finally).
Facts have a conservative bias.

That is precisely the problem. They are not more informed. They are clearly less informed than many others. And that is precisely why they lean to the Left (nice of you to admit it finally).

Right. Supply side works. There's really a magic man in the sky who cares what kind of sex you are having. The rich really deserve to have most of the wealth.

Right. Supply side works. There's really a magic man in the sky who cares what kind of sex you are having. The rich really deserve to have most of the wealth.
Well, supply side does work. That's been proven over and over. The rest of it is your typical low information babble.
You might be the dumbest motherfucker on this board.

Well, supply side does work. That's been proven over and over. The rest of it is your typical low information babble.

supply side has never worked. Reagan raised taxes after he cut them. Reagan signed off on 11 tax increases.
Were taxes higher or lower after Reagan left office?
Oops.
It isnt that you dont know anyhting, Joe. It's that everything you know is wrong.

No. It absolutely does not work, at least without sensible rules.

You are without a doubt the nastiest, most vile piece of shit out there, fake Jew, fake Rabbi. Go fuck yourself. It'll be the best time you prolly ever had.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

It never worked.

supply side has never worked. Reagan raised taxes after he cut them. Reagan signed off on 11 tax increases.
Oops.
It isnt that you dont know anyhting, Joe. It's that everything you know is wrong.

Reagan ran against Carter on Carter's massive deficit, at the time around 60 billion. Reagan blew through that in his first year.

Oops.

They were higher for the working class and lower for the leisure class. Which is all manner of fucked up.

That's how reagan increased government revenues, but STILL managed to spend us 3 trillion into debt.

You clearly do not understand what was posted or the nature of evidence.

I did understand the nature of the evidence. It wasn't difficult. It was anecdotal, incomplete and it proved absolutely nothing. It was an opinion piece which you seem to accept solely on the basis that it said what you wanted to hear. Your choice, of course, but it is a tad ironic given the subject of the thread.

[.

They are more informed. It's their job to be. Facts do not have a bias. If they do, then they are almost certainly not facts.

And please don't put words into my mouth. I admitted no such thing. I just asked you what you thought, we have not in any way established how most reporters lean.

Wow, guy, that was even less coherent than your normal rants.

Thus proving my factual statement that you are at the Neanderthal stage on the evolutionary scale. I wouldn't expect a simple Neanderthal mind such as yours to be coherent as to what I state.

Okay, here's the thing. Many- not all - conservatives are pretty ignorant of how the world works. They don't believe in Science, they believe in mythology.

There is not a more ignorant, arrogant pompous asshole than you on this forum. You have no fuckin clue as to how the world works. That's why you're a big government communist, you're just too fuckin dumb to survive in life without government holding your hand from cradle to grave.

Conservatives don't believe in science. That's gotta be up for one of the most ignorant statements of 2015. While I'm on the libertarian side of conservatism, I both believe in God and science. Believe it or not, many conservatives have this approach.

Speaking of myths, how about the myth of man-caused climate change? Now there's a myth. And as science from NASA has just shown, the polar ice caps have not receded since 1979. Wasn't the big scare back then, over a decade before I was born, "global cooling" and "ice age"? But brain dead sheep like ewe fall for it because you're useful idiots for the communists agenda for taking people's money away and establishing a communist dictatorship in America.

So, how anti-science can I be since I'm us using scientific data from NASA? If you dispute this, then you're simply anti-science.

They don't speak any languages other than their own, they don't own passports

Really??? I have a passport. If you're willing to spend a little time looking through old posts of mine, you'll find a few where I've posted in Russian using the Cyrillic alphabet. All the more proof you're the dumbest fuck in this forum.

and when they say shit like 'Single payer health care would never work", they generally have to ignore all the countries it works just fine in.

Yeah, it works so good that people in those countries fortunate enough to have extra income come here to have medical treatments. Yeah, obamacare which is not even as atrocious as single payer is so good, that the hypocritical communist shitstains who wrote it exempted themselves from it.

One thing for sure is, that no matter where you are JoeB, you are always the dumbest person in that vicinity.

Last edited:
Typical right wing nonsense from the Rabbi. Hugh Hewitt asks Carter - political economy writer - a few questions and based on that comes to the conclusion he could have arrived at without even an interview. Gawd this stuff is dumb, any wonder the right wing in America accomplishes nothing but whining. Whine on righties, you all do it better than anyone.

Orcinus Hewitt A lying liar

'Hewitt: A lying liar'

"Digby has an excellent post holding up right-wing pundit Hugh Hewitt as an example of the pathology of movement conservatives, particularly their open mendaciousness in dealing with the uproar over The Path to 9/11.

Digby pretty much says it all ("Nobody in this entire episode has behaved with less integrity, less dignity or less probity"), and the Hewitt post that he focuses on is indeed a festering pile of falsehoods and distortions. But this one particularly stood out for me:" see link

You understand you just demonstrated what the problem is, right? You merely dismiss anyone who disagrees with you without a scintilla of evidence or even cogent argument.

"You understand you just demonstrated what the problem is, right? You merely dismiss anyone who disagrees with you without a scintilla of evidence or even cogent argument."-Rabbi

You just described yourself.

Forum List

Back