Media ethics writer compares Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler

I love love these rules! I wonder if the authors of that hit piece on Trump have ever read Mexican law. Mmmmmm. I wonder if they would have the balls to call Mexico's government Nazis.

"Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to “economic or national interests,” violate Mexican law, are not “physically or mentally healthy” or lack the “necessary funds for their sustenance” and for their dependents."

Mexico's illegals laws tougher than Arizona's - Washington Times

I love love these rules! I wonder if the authors of that hit piece on Trump have ever read Mexican law. Mmmmmm. I wonder if they would have the balls to call Mexico's government Nazis.

"Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to “economic or national interests,” violate Mexican law, are not “physically or mentally healthy” or lack the “necessary funds for their sustenance” and for their dependents."

You should move there then. They have better laws so they must be a better country? See ya...

Godwin’s Law has come to the 2016 election.

A commentary published Monday on the website of Poynter, a journalism institute based in Florida, invoked a comparison between Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler.

“Can Trump win? It seems unlikely, especially after this weekend. Of course that is what the media said about a funny-looking spewer of hate with an odd mustache who was dismissed as an awful public speaker and not a serious candidate in Germany in the 1930s,” wrote media ethicist Kelly McBride and medical ethicist Art Caplan.

Rather than laughing, they wrote, news organizations need to hold Trump and the Republican Party “accountable” for what he says.

“We certainly have a more robust political system than 1930s Germany,” they wrote. “But Trump’s racist rhetoric should be viewed in the repugnant tradition of Hitler. When you call all Mexicans rapists, criminals, losers, and the source of disease (that last claim was an old Nazi favorite), when you disparage Mexican-Americans at every turn as the cause of all the country’s woes, and when you have the money to get you message out, journalists should take you seriously.”

“Such speech is a classic ploy to sow divisiveness and generate fear. That his message finds a home at all should be alarming. It’s one thing to argue about immigration policies. It’s a completely different thing to condemn an entire ethnic group. (Imagine if Trump were saying these things about Jews?),” they wrote.

Trump may be mesmerizing and refreshing to some - but to others he is scary. Aside from being morally repugnant, much of what he advocates is simply not possible - physically or financially.

The irony an "ethics" writer would compare Trump to Hitler. Obama hates Jews, doesn't that make him Hitler too?

Trump plan to solved illegals are deport all of them with their US Citizen kids.
The only way you can force people to leave their home and well being is by force.
In order to accomplish this mission. Use the same tactics as the NAZI did to Jews in WW2. Rounded up flush them out.
Nazi exterminate Jews.
Trump eliminate Hispanics.
Anybody notice the similarities?

Mexico imprisons or deports their illegals. Do you believe the Mexican government is similar to the Nazis?
Yes I'm very aware what Mexico does to their own illegals. And no I disagree comparing Mexico to Nazis.
Mexico do not round up their illegals they are only deported when caught. Then make U turn re entering again. Mexican borders do not even have barbed wires.
Illegals entering Mexico are just passing through and no plan to stay and live in Mexico.

Mexicans laws are tougher than Arizona. Yes I read that many times. Saw several documentaries regarding this topic and jails in third world countries. Are they really applying that tougher law?
The reality is Mexican jails are extremely over crowded where human rights do not exist. They cannot feed their own prisoners, cannot even take a bath or flush toilets let alone feed illegals.
They just deport illegals only when caught and they do not rounded them up like nazi. Then nothing stop them from making a u turn.
Illegals in Mexico are just passing through and no means of staying there. Why would illegals stay and live in Mexico where they are as poor where they came from?
From 2014 to July 15 there are total of 30k unaccompanied children's entered our Texas border from SA countries. That is only 2014 and 15 but thousands more before that. Mexican government made no effort stopping these illegals passing through their country. That's the reality.
Then again I'm not stopping you to compare these laws to US immigration laws.

Last edited:

Mexicans laws are tougher than Arizona. Yes I read that many times. Saw several documentaries regarding this topic and jails in third world countries. Are they really applying that tougher law?
The reality is Mexican jails are extremely over crowded where human rights do not exist. They cannot feed their own prisoners, cannot even take a bath or flush toilets let alone feed illegals.
They just deport illegals only when caught and they do not rounded them up like nazi. Then nothing stop them from making a u turn.
Illegals in Mexico are just passing through and no means of staying there. Why would illegals stay and live in Mexico where they are as poor where they came from?
From 2014 to July 15 there are total of 30k unaccompanied children's enter our Texas border from SA countries. Mexican government made no effort stopping these illegals passing through their country. That's the reality.

lots of claims and random numbers and assertions...and not a link in sight...I wonder why...

From 2014 to July 15 there are total of 30k unaccompanied children's enter our Texas border from SA countries. Mexican government made no effort stopping these illegals passing through their country. That's the reality.

The point isn't whether mexico enforces their law...you don't know anyway...but it's a fact they are enabling and assisting south american peasants to pass through mexico on their way here..in fact they give them transportation..mexico is not our friend...

the POINT is the strictness of their immigration laws (in theory) We need to enforce ours.

Deport. ALL. Illegals.

The point isn't whether mexico enforces their law...you don't know anyway...but it's a fact they are enabling and assisting south american peasants to pass through mexico on their way here..in fact they give them transportation..mexico is not our friend...

the POINT is the strictness of their immigration laws (in theory) We need to enforce ours.

Deport. ALL. Illegals.

And get rid of "Birthright citizenship".

lots of claims and random numbers and assertions...and not a link in sight...I wonder why...
My assumption is people are up to dates before entering such discussions.
Maybe you are not reading or listening to news. If you are in doubt you can use Google.

Maybe you are not reading or listening to news. If you are in doubt you can use Google.

You assume everyone is up to date on conditions in Mexican prisons and southern borders? LOL!

Deport. ALL. Illegals.
What made you think I don't know? I've seen these borders and I know people from Mexico and SA American countries.

the fact that Mexican prisons are overcrowded and that Mexico allows transit throught their country of illegals from Central America's dirt-poor nations is more proof, not less, that a wall needs to be built.

the fact that Mexican prisons are overcrowded and that Mexico allows transit throught their country of illegals from Central America's dirt-poor nations is more proof, not less, that a wall needs to be built.
They did something... kind of. LOL. The train called The Beast are now stopped 2 times in Guatemala then one before entering Mexican borders. Just the Beast but they are not checking buses or airports where these unaccompanied children's are transported.
Im not sure if the walls will make any difference but will built walls.

LMAO...that's not how it works..onus probandi, my boy.

A commentary published Monday on the website of Poynter, a journalism institute based in Florida, invoked a comparison between Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler.

“Can Trump win? It seems unlikely, especially after this weekend. Of course that is what the media said about a funny-looking spewer of hate with an odd mustache who was dismissed as an awful public speaker and not a serious candidate in Germany in the 1930s,” wrote media ethicist Kelly McBride and medical ethicist Art Caplan.

Rather than laughing, they wrote, news organizations need to hold Trump and the Republican Party “accountable” for what he says.

“We certainly have a more robust political system than 1930s Germany,” they wrote. “But Trump’s racist rhetoric should be viewed in the repugnant tradition of Hitler. When you call all Mexicans rapists, criminals, losers, and the source of disease (that last claim was an old Nazi favorite), when you disparage Mexican-Americans at every turn as the cause of all the country’s woes, and when you have the money to get you message out, journalists should take you seriously.”

“Such speech is a classic ploy to sow divisiveness and generate fear. That his message finds a home at all should be alarming. It’s one thing to argue about immigration policies. It’s a completely different thing to condemn an entire ethnic group. (Imagine if Trump were saying these things about Jews?),” they wrote.

Trump may be mesmerizing and refreshing to some - but to others he is scary. Aside from being morally repugnant, much of what he advocates is simply not possible - physically or financially.
When all else fails, play the Hitler card.

Deport. ALL. Illegals.
What made you think I don't know? I've seen these borders and I know people from Mexico and SA American countries.

yeah?..So? you "know" someone..great.

You don't know how or even whether mexico enforces their laws or how many people are in mexican jails or what for...you assume this air of "knowledge" of things and expect others to accept whatever you say because ..you've "seen" the border and you "know" a couple of south americans

Like I said..onus probundi.

When all else fails, play the Hitler card.

Every single time....Their other tactic when they disagree with you is to say your position is one of "hatred and fear"...
..that and their old favorite, "racist"...they've used all that up, though. People see right through that and aren't afraid of being called names.

Deport. ALL. Illegals.

yeah?..So? you "know" someone..great.

You don't know how or even whether mexico enforces their laws or how many people are in mexican jails or what for...you assume this air of "knowledge" of things and expect others to accept whatever you say because ..you've "seen" the border and you "know" a couple of south americans

Like I said..onus probundi.
You sure knows a lot about me son. Do you expect me to know the population of mexican jail?
Know Someone? That was bait son cause I already know your style and where are you coming from.
I travel all these SA countries may many times son. Not as a tourist.
Do you want talk about asia? I can do that also.
Do you want to meet ICE officials and give you a tour of their facilities? How they deport illegals on daily basis? I can do that for you if you want.
Keep trying. You might impress me.

Forum List

Back