Me, Robert A.M. Stephens, YIKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm raising the flag...

:bsflag:

You are an idiot. I worked at a place for three years that restored old Land Rovers to show room quality. My specialty of the half dozen guys in that shop was transmissions to the tires...ALL the running gear. We won several best of shows in the NW car shows. Many of our rigs were purchased by celebrities, Hank Williams Jr..Billy Joel..etc... Our company participated in many off road treks and climbs also. The picture shown by Mr Stephans is not un typical of what theses rigs are capable of.

While I am on the subject I would recommend a product out of Australia called AirLoc differential locks. You can automatically lock up your front or rear differential from inside the cab which dramatically increased traction in certain off road conditions...especially like the one pictured where one of your wheels is off of the surface. They operate on air pressure from a small air pump under the hood through air lines into the diffs that slide a plate locking the gears making the axle posi-traction.

Last edited:
i'm raising the flag...

You are an idiot. I worked at a place for three years that restored old Land Rovers to show room quality. My specialty of the half dozen guys in that shop was transmissions to the tires...ALL the running gear. We won several best of shows in the NW car shows. Many of our rigs were purchased by celebrities, Hank Williams Jr..Billy Joel..etc... Our company participated in many off road treks and climbs also. The picture shown by Mr Stephans is not un typical of what theses rigs are capable of.

While I am on the subject I would recommend a product out of Australia called AirLoc differential locks. You can automatically lock up your front or rear differential from inside the cab which dramatically increased traction in certain off road conditions...especially like the one pictured where one of your wheels is off of the surface. They operate on air pressure from a small air pump under the hood through air lines into the diffs that slide a plate locking the planetary gears making the axle posi-traction.

sorry for being unclear, that B.S. flag was not directed at you it was directed at mr. stephens. this B.S. artist (no pun intended) has plastered himself all across the internet, and has quite a colorful reputation.

i'm raising the flag...

While I am on the subject I would recommend a product out of Australia called AirLoc differential locks. You can automatically lock up your front or rear differential from inside the cab which dramatically increased traction in certain off road conditions...especially like the one pictured where one of your wheels is off of the surface. They operate on air pressure from a small air pump under the hood through air lines into the diffs that slide a plate locking the gears making the axle posi-traction.

Cloudless, like everything else.

Robert

i'm raising the flag...

While I am on the subject I would recommend a product out of Australia called AirLoc differential locks. You can automatically lock up your front or rear differential from inside the cab which dramatically increased traction in certain off road conditions...especially like the one pictured where one of your wheels is off of the surface. They operate on air pressure from a small air pump under the hood through air lines into the diffs that slide a plate locking the planetary gears making the axle posi-traction.

sorry for being unclear, that B.S. flag was not directed at you it was directed at mr. stephens. this B.S. artist (no pun intended) has plastered himself all across the internet, and has quite a colorful reputation.

Cloudless, like all.

Robert

i'm raising the flag...

Cloudless, like everything else.

Robert

Clear here! :lol::lol::lol:

You aint a rocket scientist nor an astrophysicist .

Site Contents: About the Artist

Robert A.M. Stephens is a professional artist, painting full time since May of 1977. Winning an art scholarship at age 14 sent him to the University California at Davis.There he was told he would never be an artist since he preferred to paint realistically. He agreed with their dissent since he hated the abstract, subjective creations popular during that period of the mid 60's, thus surrendering the scholarship. From that point he was determined to become a professional artist and decided to teach himself somehow. It took him 11 more years before he could launch his career as an easel painter and fine artist in plein-aire works professionally.

A 5 time Smithsonian (SITES) alumni in conjunction with NASA, and with work in collections, museums, and academies worldwide, he has proved UCD's art department they may have been a little hasty.

The image archive at this site is a collection both digital and oil on canvas/panel, that have been executed and sold or is for sale in current inventory as indicated in each image page. The artist is currently represented by the Hanson Trust, Inc., Gig Harbor, WA, USA. The Agent Provocateur can be reached at: [email protected] or,

http://web.archive.org/web/20040803041547/http://www.behold-the-rage.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/20041231111327/http://www.behold-the-rage.com/index.html
Internet Archive Wayback Machine

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3342869-post93.html

Yikes indeed.

You aint a rocket scientist nor an astrophysicist .

Site Contents: About the Artist

Robert A.M. Stephens is a professional artist, painting full time since May of 1977. Winning an art scholarship at age 14 sent him to the University California at Davis.There he was told he would never be an artist since he preferred to paint realistically. He agreed with their dissent since he hated the abstract, subjective creations popular during that period of the mid 60's, thus surrendering the scholarship. From that point he was determined to become a professional artist and decided to teach himself somehow. It took him 11 more years before he could launch his career as an easel painter and fine artist in plein-aire works professionally.

A 5 time Smithsonian (SITES) alumni in conjunction with NASA, and with work in collections, museums, and academies worldwide, he has proved UCD's art department they may have been a little hasty.

The image archive at this site is a collection both digital and oil on canvas/panel, that have been executed and sold or is for sale in current inventory as indicated in each image page. The artist is currently represented by the Hanson Trust, Inc., Gig Harbor, WA, USA. The Agent Provocateur can be reached at: [email protected] or,

The Art Of Robert A.M. Stephens-Behold The Heart
The Art Of Robert A.M. Stephens-Behold The Heart
Internet Archive Wayback Machine

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3342869-post93.html

Yikes indeed.

:lol:

I enjoyed the show. Indiana Fucking Jones, indeed. Another fictional adventurer.

Robert_Vex.jpg

Vaguely familiar, somehow. :lol:

Found at:
Robert, Page 2

Last edited:
Too bad. This guy seemed like he would be a wealth of information, and maybe he is. Unfortunately, his photo shoot of self raised enough red flags for others to take a second look. It's hard to remain credible when you're an over-the-top narcissist first.

Two words:

Dream Job

Very cool Robert......very cool indeed.

But make them buy you a 66 Bronco and ditch the Jeep :)

Hey, great and thanks alot. Very kind. Appreciated.

No on the Bronco. This is my 46th year of Jeeps, and VEX is number 26. He has 1,450,760 miles on his 5th engine-restored as a total. I've had him now for 20 years and stuck with this one. He has been to Asia, Mongolia, all of Central and South America clear down to Terra de Fuego, at the bottom of the world, and even has been in Mali Empire, Timbuktu, Central Africa.

I've been a Jeep nut since 11 years old and driving my dad's 1943 military Jeep on the ranch in Montana where I grew up. Typical ranch kid.

Keep on Jeepin'!!

Robert

Well now the cat is out of the bag..

Welcome.

I really do think you have to be careful on political boards. I've seen other people lose their jobs because of this.

25940_101450483223608_100000759716724_40958_8338776_n.jpg

Thus, the winch on the front is for everything and everyone else. The one on the back is for ME!.

Thank you for your good words.

Robert
ImpulseAdventure - JPEGsnoop - JPEG Decoding Utility

Based on the analysis of compression characteristics and EXIF metadata:

ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

This may be a new software editor for the database.
If this file is processed, and editor doesn't appear in list above,
PLEASE ADD TO DATABASE with [Tools->Add Camera to DB]

25940_101450483223608_100000759716724_40958_8338776_n.jpg

Thus, the winch on the front is for everything and everyone else. The one on the back is for ME!.

Thank you for your good words.

Robert
ImpulseAdventure - JPEGsnoop - JPEG Decoding Utility

Based on the analysis of compression characteristics and EXIF metadata:

ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

This may be a new software editor for the database.
If this file is processed, and editor doesn't appear in list above,
PLEASE ADD TO DATABASE with [Tools->Add Camera to DB]
Would just resizing the pic also mean that it has been "processed or edited"? But here is an accompanying photo from him that shows the Jeep in a different location but in the exact same position.

Another interesting thing I've found about the pics he posts is that they have an incredibly long names like "1232132_3213213213_7843725439_547328547382.jpeg" which make me suspect they come a source other than himself. (Most people name their own pics as Pic01, Pic02 or something like that) But when you put the image into TinEye.com it comes back as unique.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mr.Fitnah
You aint a rocket scientist nor an astrophysicist.

The guy is desperate to be associated with NASA, to have the word NASA added to his curriculum.

Robert A.M. Stephens
Jet Propulsion Lab, NASA

(Garbage man, recently promoted to janitor)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back