mcchrystal fired

wh changed the title of my scoop this morning from gone !! to mchrystal fired ! ??? also what country needs to have a big confirmation seminar for a guy who is being demoted... ?what a great country... except for congress..... whatch out for those tricky quicky title changes...

The Commander in Chief is the boss.

The replacement is brilliant.

When I say Obama plays chess while the rest of us are just learning how to play checkers, I am not kidding.

He's such a brilliant chess player, he put his soldiers in harm's way by putting the second or third best choice in command of them, all the while knowing he would run that guy off and replace him with his first choice 18 months later?

Wow.

That's a brilliant strategy, because there isn't a sane mind in the world who would ever consider it!
:lol: Talk about conspiracy theories.

McCristal was liked by the Afghanis...it is a shame that he was drinking and blabbing to reporters. He sounds as if he became bitter and vindictive...maybe he watched too much Glen Beck?

:lol:

When I say Obama plays chess while the rest of us are just learning how to play checkers, I am not kidding.

He's such a brilliant chess player, he put his soldiers in harm's way by putting the second or third best choice in command of them, all the while knowing he would run that guy off and replace him with his first choice 18 months later?

Wow.

That's a brilliant strategy, because there isn't a sane mind in the world who would ever consider it!

And now Patreus' attention will be turned away from USCENTCOM where he was. We're down one General.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow.

McCristal was liked by the Afghanis...it is a shame that he was drinking and blabbing to reporters. He sounds as if he became bitter and vindictive...maybe he watched too much Glen Beck?

no reason to be bitter,, just go fight your war son but don't hurt anybody, yes, sir right away sir, and by the way son, after a thousand or more of our fine soldiers die not hurting anyone we're gonna be pulling out in 2011.. what's not to like? ahhhhh but what's a little old soldeir here and there, and no son, we won't be going to Arlington.. not this year and not next year either.. yes sir that's fine sir..

Wow.

no reason to be bitter,, just go fight your war son but don't hurt anybody, yes, sir right away sir, and by the way son, after a thousand or more of our fine soldiers die not hurting anyone we're gonna be pulling out in 2011.. what's not to like? ahhhhh but what's a little old soldeir here and there, and no son, we won't be going to Arlington.. not this year and not next year either.. yes sir that's fine sir..

We don't live in Afgahnistan, We have no business being there. Any Americans killed or wounded in the name of protecting poppy growing assholes that do not appreciate our sacrifice is obscene. You are obscene egging this ignorant slaughter on.

Trust me - Gen P will reach out to Mc and ask for his input....we have not heard or seen the last of Gen McChrystal......

Either you are a ignorant civilian or a partisan ex military person. You have no idea what you are talking about. None.

There is no way the replacement would go to him. NO Way. It would weaken him as a commander. Why would a new person go to the person who is considered by a failure. ?/???

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you guys consider the replacement a failure just a few short years ago?

Immie
Of course they did.....it was "General Betrayus" and "he's a stupid fuck"...but now that he's received the annointed ones touch...he's the greatest thing since sliced fucking bread.

:lol:

Wow.

And now Patreus' attention will be turned away from USCENTCOM where he was. We're down one General.

:lol::lol::lol:

Glad you find a factual statement funny.

On April 23, 2008, General David Petraeus was chosen by President George W. Bush to become the CENTCOM commander.[1] He was confirmed by the United States Senate on July 10, 2008[2] and assumed command on October 31, 2008.[3]

SOURCE

SOURCE

We don't live in Afgahnistan, We have no business being there. Any Americans killed or wounded in the name of protecting poppy growing assholes that do not appreciate our sacrifice is obscene. You are obscene egging this ignorant slaughter on.

and you are as dumb as a rock under a shit filled boot.

Either you are a ignorant civilian or a partisan ex military person. You have no idea what you are talking about. None.

There is no way the replacement would go to him. NO Way. It would weaken him as a commander. Why would a new person go to the person who is considered by a failure. ?/???

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you guys consider the replacement a failure just a few short years ago?

Immie
Of course they did.....it was "General Betrayus" and "he's a stupid fuck"...but now that he's received the annointed ones touch...he's the greatest thing since sliced fucking bread.

Exactly. And we have Statists all ovwer this board asking when 'Betrayus' happened...when all they have to do is go back to the Senate Hearings that made him USCENTCOM Commander.

Obama was in that fray denouncing the Patreus Surge in Iraq.

wh changed the title of my scoop this morning from gone !! to mchrystal fired ! ??? also what country needs to have a big confirmation seminar for a guy who is being demoted... ?what a great country... except for congress..... whatch out for those tricky quicky title changes...

Your title wasn't changed, your thread was merged with the 150 million (ok, so it was just 5) other threads on the same subject. Do we really need more than one thread on the same subject? No, so the moderators did the right thing and merged them all together.

Rick

Wow.

Exactly how did he know he was going to repace him 18 months later and who said he was choice number 3?

"In this instance you have to support the President. McChrystal was shamelessly insubordinate, and that's on top of his earlier blunder attempting to steer his boss. Most of the people who support McChrystal seem to be the ones who would oppose anything Obama wanted to do - they support the renegade general not because he's right, but because he's not Obama."

I didnt write it, but I agree.

"In this instance you have to support the President. McChrystal was shamelessly insubordinate, and that's on top of his earlier blunder attempting to steer his boss. Most of the people who support McChrystal seem to be the ones who would oppose anything Obama wanted to do - they support the renegade general not because he's right, but because he's not Obama."

Where was he insubordinate? State it. Chapter and verse.

They can't and wont because Nothing the General Said rises to the level of something you would fire someone over let alone court martial them(which some in here have suggested). The more offending comments were made by some of his aides, He is simply doing what a commander does and taking the fall. Once again what you have in this forum is a bunch of Liberal Democrats who hear Obama fired the guy and immediately start to smear and attack him with out even know what was said. How else would anyone believe he could have been court martialed over this?

IMO this is yet another Horrible Military and political Decision Made by Obama. I agree the general Was out of line, but worse has been said by Generals in the past and they were not immediately replaced in the middle of a critical moment in a war. I believe this was a bad time militarily to do this.

Politically its a lose lose lose for Obama. Why, well first he ticks off the right some more by firing the General, and then he ticks of the far left by naming Petraus to replace him. you remember General betray us? lol. Suddenly he has Obama's complete confidence when just a while back he was the enemy helping Bush lie to us all.

Just another example of Obama's appealing lack of experience at leading anything, and that he can not take criticism at all. He is much like a school yard bully in that respect. He can sure dish it out but call him to task and he cries like a baby who just lost his binki.

It is rather funny to hear all you Libs screaming about Civilian Control of the military. I guess no one remembers Vietnam to much Civilian Control led to an unwindable war in the minds of many Military historians.

Just like in Nam Obama has not given his generals everything they wanted to fight the war, and has made the rules of engagement so tough that our troops are afraid to shoot back for fear of ending up on trial. Then you all wonder why the Generals are starting to speak out. You can only take so much crap before you blow your top, and clearly that's what the General Did.

I suggest all you Libs in here Defending Obama and trashing the General go read the article and see what was actually said and stop making fools of yourselves simply regurgitating what the Liberal Press and the Obama Admin has been feeding you. I would post a link to it but why should I, You are the ones claiming The General was so out of line he should have been court martialed yet you can't even show us what he said that was so damn bad.

All that said, Im happy, Petraus is a great man for the job, even if it was not a wise political Decision for Obama to appoint him. I wonder how moveon.org is feeling right about now ROFLMAO :)

Last edited:

Here's your book ya twat. Having the stupidity to make a statement regarding troop strength not yet approved in a foreign country and letting Rollingf Stone magazine do an unapproved interview. That clear enough sugar buns?

boy you got that right....and when we finally start playing Chess this fucking genius of a man will be playing 3-dimensional chess....no wonder the guys at his college called him Spock....what a guy.....

Here's your book ya twat. Having the stupidity to make a statement regarding troop strength not yet approved in a foreign country and letting Rollingf Stone magazine do an unapproved interview. That clear enough sugar buns?

I can guarantee you that interview, which lasted a month long by t he way, was absolutely pre authorized by the Army. Just the way it is.

I can guarantee you that interview, which lasted a month long by t he way, was absolutely pre authorized by the Army. Just the way it is.

So he was set up? How stupid was he to do the interview?

Forum List

Back