mcchrystal fired

Okay military people answer me this. Does McChrystal have to leave the military or will he just be demoted?

Apparently this is the First "Ass" to be Kicked?...

:)

peace

no our soldiers in Afghanistan are getting their asses kicked. and being told to play nice,, to win the hearts and minds.. I don't blame him for dissing obie wan,, but he shouldn't have done it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Obama did the only thing that he could do. these guys that said things that could have been attributed to a 7th grader were running a war that is vital to this country. They need to be put out of there. Patreus will do well, and is not a walking ego, like this guy.

Perhaps he can be Palin's campaign manager in 2012.

and obie wan couldn't be bothered going to Arlington. I have zero respect for him.

First, he resigned. He wasn't fired.

Second, he was insubordinate. He is lucky they didn't court martial him.

Third, I think this whole episode says much more about President Obama than anything.

I liked Obama's Speech here..

Reaffirming that we're not backing down, we're not going to tolerate a Safe Haven for Al Qaeda.

Kudos Barrack, Kudos..

It's a real shame. We lost a good & honorable man today. His biggest mistake was trusting the Liberal Media. He should have known better. Rolling Stone is one of the biggest Liberal Rags out there. So why did he do that interview? It makes you think he wanted out. I wouldn't blame him for wanting out. It's best to get off that sinking ship anyway. Goodbye and God Bless,General McChrystal.

Really? Gates is as straight a shooter as there is, and is not not shy about saying who McChrystal is and what he did.

The Associated Press: Gates: McChrystal made 'significant mistake.'

So does "General Betrayus" make the headlines of the NYT again. does HIllary get to call him a liar again?? and you asswipes want the troops to respect you.. I laugh my ass off at the thought of it.. oh and barabara boxer you gotta calll that shit head a "Senator." spit.

Third, I think this whole episode says much more about President Obama than anything.

No he was not insubordinate. Go ahead study the UCMJ or just go read the thread we had on this last night in the political forum. Did he say some things he shouldn't have said? Absolutely, but that isn't insubordination.

McCrystal resigned like he should have.....if you disagree with your chain of command you are duty bound to resign for the good of the service. Any inclination that the chain of command has a "chink" in it's armor must be dealt with as quickly as possible.

I'm inclined to say that this post pretty sums it all up. The military isn't happy with many aspects of Obama's "leadership"...yet they must obey orders because Obama is the CINC....this doesn't mean that Obama's strategies are correct...it means he's the CINC and the top dog in the chain of command. He is ultimately accountable and will be held as such.

No he was not insubordinate. Go ahead study the UCMJ or just go read the thread we had on this last night in the political forum. Did he say some things he shouldn't have said? Absolutely, but that isn't insubordination.

No, it's not insubordination. Not even close. However, speaking disrespectfully of one's superiors is prohibited by the USMCJ

And by criticizing the strategy, he basiclly told all the troops under him that their sacrifices were for nothing

McChrystal resigned, as he should have, and as most who understood what was going on said he would.

A General doesn't travel across the pond, leaking that he has his letter of resignation in hand, and then not present it.

Sad, but the only honorable thing McChrystal could have done. Had he not resigned, Obama would have been left with no choice but to relieve him. As interesting as it would have been to see what the Assclown in Chief would have done had the General NOT resigned, it would have been a HUGE surprise to everyone if McChrystal had not done the right thing.

Thank you for your service, General, and we look forward to your personal insight as the war rages on.

Obama likely told him you can resign or I'll relieve you. He resigned, a polite way of saying I'm fired.
Second, I agree he was insubordinate.
Third, I think the whole episode says more about the Prez's advisors (Gates mostly) and his speechwriters for tacking the tack of violating military code of conduct in a time of war. Granted, the Prez made the final decision, but he really had no choice, so it was to me just a routine announcement.

Forum List

Back