mcchrystal fired

McChrystal resigned, as he should have, and as most who understood what was going on said he would.

A General doesn't travel across the pond, leaking that he has his letter of resignation in hand, and then not present it.

Sad, but the only honorable thing McChrystal could have done. Had he not resigned, Obama would have been left with no choice but to relieve him. As interesting as it would have been to see what the Assclown in Chief would have done had the General NOT resigned, it would have been a HUGE surprise to everyone if McChrystal had not done the right thing.

Thank you for your service, General, and we look forward to your personal insight as the war rages on.

Trust me - Gen P will reach out to Mc and ask for his input....we have not heard or seen the last of Gen McChrystal......

Why, Bush has never been held accountable.

Because only in the minds of left wing loons did Bush do anything wrong...but to clear thinking Americans...he acted within the laws and powers granted to him....other wise he would have been impeached.

Sorry if this upsets some but sometimes the truth hurts.

McChrystal resigned, as he should have, and as most who understood what was going on said he would.

A General doesn't travel across the pond, leaking that he has his letter of resignation in hand, and then not present it.

Sad, but the only honorable thing McChrystal could have done. Had he not resigned, Obama would have been left with no choice but to relieve him. As interesting as it would have been to see what the Assclown in Chief would have done had the General NOT resigned, it would have been a HUGE surprise to everyone if McChrystal had not done the right thing.

Thank you for your service, General, and we look forward to your personal insight as the war rages on.

Trust me - Gen P will reach out to Mc and ask for his input....we have not heard or seen the last of Gen McChrystal......
Turn over will entail many conversations between McCrystal and Petreus.

I see a book deal in the works.

Not until Obama leaves office and/or the war in Afghanistan is over.
I give McChrystal much higher moral compass accuracy points, then say, Sarah Palin who had a book deal ready and waiting in the wings when she resigned.

You must really enjoy your fantasy world.

Because only in the minds of left wing loons did Bush do anything wrong...but to clear thinking Americans...he acted within the laws and powers granted to him....other wise he would have been impeached.

Hello? He invaded Iraq...remember? That was wrong. He also invaded Afghanistan...and finished neither war.

So again, why would you expect Obama to be held accountable but not Bush?

Simply exercising your right to be stupid! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

First, he resigned. He wasn't fired.

Second, he was insubordinate. He is lucky they didn't court martial him.

Third, I think this whole episode says much more about President Obama than anything.

Obama likely told him you can resign or I'll relieve you. He resigned, a polite way of saying I'm fired.
Second, I agree he was insubordinate.
Third, I think the whole episode says more about the Prez's advisors (Gates mostly) and his speechwriters for tacking the tack of violating military code of conduct in a time of war. Granted, the Prez made the final decision, but he really had no choice, so it was to me just a routine announcement.

Well said, and I agree. The writing was clearly on the wall yesterday, and today was merely a formality.

Hello? He invaded Iraq...remember? That was wrong. He also invaded Afghanistan...and finished neither war.

Sorry...he acted within the powers granted to him by Congress.

Oh, right...I forgot. Bush isn't troubled by personal responsibility. :thup:

You would think that a citizen would understand that. It's Civics 101 stuff. And the Congress can defund anytime they like.

Either you are a ignorant civilian or a partisan ex military person. You have no idea what you are talking about. None.

There is no way the replacement would go to him. NO Way. It would weaken him as a commander. Why would a new person go to the person who is considered by a failure. ?/???

Oh, right...I forgot. Bush isn't troubled by personal responsibility. :thup:

Please show me where it's written in the constitution that personal responsibility is a prerequisite for being President.

The Commander in Chief is the boss.

The replacement is brilliant.

When I say Obama plays chess while the rest of us are just learning how to play checkers, I am not kidding.

He's such a brilliant chess player, he put his soldiers in harm's way by putting the second or third best choice in command of them, all the while knowing he would run that guy off and replace him with his first choice 18 months later?

Wow.

That's a brilliant strategy, because there isn't a sane mind in the world who would ever consider it!

Either you are a ignorant civilian or a partisan ex military person. You have no idea what you are talking about. None.

There is no way the replacement would go to him. NO Way. It would weaken him as a commander. Why would a new person go to the person who is considered by a failure. ?/???

Your statement just shows you how ignorant of military affairs you are......he resigned because of his disagreement with the President on the current strategy in Afghanistan...not because he failed at any particular task.

The Commander in Chief is the boss.

The replacement is brilliant.

When I say Obama plays chess while the rest of us are just learning how to play checkers, I am not kidding.

He's such a brilliant chess player, he put his soldiers in harm's way by putting the second or third best choice in command of them, all the while knowing he would run that guy off and replace him with his first choice 18 months later?

Wow.

That's a brilliant strategy, because there isn't a sane mind in the world who would ever consider it!

And now Patreus' attention will be turned away from USCENTCOM where he was. We're down one General.

First, he resigned. He wasn't fired.

Second, he was insubordinate. He is lucky they didn't court martial him.

Third, I think this whole episode says much more about President Obama than anything.

No he was not insubordinate. Go ahead study the UCMJ or just go read the thread we had on this last night in the political forum. Did he say some things he shouldn't have said? Absolutely, but that isn't insubordination.

No, it's not insubordination. Not even close. However, speaking disrespectfully of one's superiors is prohibited by the USMCJ

And by criticizing the strategy, he basiclly told all the troops under him that their sacrifices were for nothing

Funny, it is his strategy. Where in the article did you see that he criticized the strategy?

Immie

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you guys consider the replacement a failure just a few short years ago?

Immie

Forum List

Back