mcchrystal fired

Here's your book ya twat. Having the stupidity to make a statement regarding troop strength not yet approved in a foreign country and letting Rollingf Stone magazine do an unapproved interview. That clear enough sugar buns?

I can guarantee you that interview, which lasted a month long by t he way, was absolutely pre authorized by the Army. Just the way it is.

So he was set up? How stupid was he to do the interview?

Oh no, he definitely said some stupid things and needed to be removed for what he said, but to claim that he violated the UCMJ is inaccurate.

Here's your book ya twat. Having the stupidity to make a statement regarding troop strength not yet approved in a foreign country and letting Rollingf Stone magazine do an unapproved interview. That clear enough sugar buns?

I can guarantee you that interview, which lasted a month long by t he way, was absolutely pre authorized by the Army. Just the way it is.

Oddly enough Huggster? That was my first reaction when the news first came out. Especially knowing the reputation of such a presitgious rag as Rolling Stoned?

Oddly enough Huggster? That was my first reaction when the news first came out. Especially knowing the reputation of such a presitgious rag as Rolling Stoned?

Or maybe he was tired of being asked to do the impossible By a civilian leadership that clearly didn't learn from Nam, and decided to retire with some flare and make a statement about this Presidents leadership skills as he did it.

Hell maybe he is going to run for president. LOL :)

Just saying

it's hard to believe that the general and all of his accomplishments, training and wherewithall, just got fired

harder to believe that someone who got as far as he did never learned to keep his freaking insubordinate mouth shut despite having been warned repeatedly.

you people are an embarrassment.

this country is always run by civilian leadership. if he had a problem with that, he should have done the honorable thing and quit.

it's hard to believe that the general and all of his accomplishments, training and wherewithall, just got fired

harder to believe that someone who got as far as he did never learned to keep his freaking insubordinate mouth shut despite having been warned repeatedly.

this country is always run by civilian leadership. if he had a problem with that, he should have done the honorable thing and quit.

This post is correct. A General...no matter how much prestige is heaped upon him...is relieved of the burden of conduct becoming an officer of his stature.

He should have expressed his concerns to the chain of command and then if he didn't receive redress through the proper channels to his liking he had the option of resignation of command. I'm wondering if this happened what the left wingers would be saying now. If McCrystal followed protocol and resigned his command because of a dislike of the strategy put forth by Obama there would have been repercussions far beyond what happened. McCrystal fell on his sword for Obama's legacy and to show the troops that Obama was the CinC. Was he wrong for that interview with Rolling Stone? Yes. Was it all pre-planned? We will never know....until the book comes out that is...:lol:

A) ALL the comments I've seen were made by his men, not him
B) They were stupid comments, but in noway approached the level of insubordination, if they did Obama would have asked him to resign from the military or asked Petronus as his superior officer to file charges with JAG.
B) He's a warrior , not a PR man.

he did need to resign, but insubordination? LOL This guy is an American Hero, and no I'm not saying because of THIS.

Forum List

Back