McCaskill Leads Akin By 10 Points

Could Obama now win Missouri? It's looking good.

Election 2012: Missouri Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

What a difference one TV interview can make. Embattled Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill has now jumped to a 10-point lead over her Republican challenger, Congressman Todd Akin, in Missouri’s U.S. Senate race. Most Missouri Republicans want Akin to quit the race while most Missouri Democrats want him to stay.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the Show Me State finds McCaskill earning 48% support to Akin’s 38%. Nine percent (9%) like some other candidate in the race, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

If Akin stays in the race, most definitely. I think the damage has been done though because it has attached to Romney and Ryan and their similiar stances.

Swing State Polls as of 8/22/12

Florida Obama 49 Romney 46
Ohio 50 44
Virginia 50 45
Colorado 49 46
Nevada 49 45
Wisconsin 50 45
MI 44 47
PA 48 42​

What a difference one TV interview can make. Embattled Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill has now jumped to a 10-point lead over her Republican challenger, Congressman Todd Akin, in Missouri’s U.S. Senate race. Most Missouri Republicans want Akin to quit the race while most Missouri Democrats want him to stay.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the Show Me State finds McCaskill earning 48% support to Akin’s 38%. Nine percent (9%) like some other candidate in the race, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Rasmussen is following party orders. They want Akin out with a fury,

yeah, her winning equals Obama winning. :rolleyes:

Dumb ass

Are you really this fucking stupid? What happens to those people who were planning to vote for Akins? Will his stupidity drive down Republican turnout? By how much. Now you also have the tie in between Akins idiotic statements with Ryan's beliefs. How will that effect the moderates and independents?

Oh, and you're a lying sack of shit. I never said McClaskill winning equals Obama winning. It does help Obama though. Why do you love to lie so much?

moron...people go to the polls to vote for the president....while there they vote for the senator and any other positions up for election.

Thus why there is a larger attendence during a presidential election.

Are you really this fucking dumb? Yes, Akins stupidity will have an effect on turnout. Yes, his statements did tend to energize the Democrats, and dishearten Republicans. The issue is that Obama isn't getting trounced in Missouri, and the Akins statements do put the state in play.

I'll suggest that you'll start to see Obama running ads in that state, tying Romney and Ryan to Akins' moronic beliefs. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe that Akins will have zero impact on the Missouri vote. The question is how much, and how much of a segue does it give Obama.

There's also the flip side. The fact that Romney disavowed his statements regarding rape, is going to piss off the shallow-end-of-the-genepool, mouth breathing, knuckle dragging theocratic wing of the Republican party. Will the true believers be more or less likely to vote for Romney, who threw their man under the bus.

I notice the last two polls out of that state, only show a 1 point lead for Romney at this point.

Rasmussen is following party orders. They want Akin out with a fury,

It's a lose-lose for them, since Akin follows their party line regarding abortion to a tee. I also believe the deadline for dropping out is past, and if true, means they'll have to wage a write-in campaign.

Missouri isn't the only Senate race. There are no guarantees in any race. Obama thought he was a sure thing 2 months ago in some swing states. We see how that's working out.

Last edited:
Are you really this fucking stupid?
No, but apparently you are.

What happens to those people who were planning to vote for Akins?
Um, they don't vote for him, duh.

Will his stupidity drive down Republican turnout? By how much.
Doubtful, unless you can produce something other than your opinion on this.

Now you also have the tie in between Akins idiotic statements with Ryan's beliefs. How will that effect the moderates and independents?
It won't because there is no tie in, except in the minds of liberals fucktards like you.

Oh, and you're a lying sack of shit. I never said McClaskill winning equals Obama winning. It does help Obama though. Why do you love to lie so much?
Your implication is that if she wins, Obama wins. To deny that is to deny the sky is blue or fish swim.

dumb ass.

Are people embarrassed to say they are going to vote for him but will still actually vote for him anyway because McCaskill is that bad? probably.

Are you really this fucking stupid?
No, but apparently you are.

What happens to those people who were planning to vote for Akins?
Um, they don't vote for him, duh.

Will his stupidity drive down Republican turnout? By how much.
Doubtful, unless you can produce something other than your opinion on this.

Now you also have the tie in between Akins idiotic statements with Ryan's beliefs. How will that effect the moderates and independents?
It won't because there is no tie in, except in the minds of liberals fucktards like you.

Your implication is that if she wins, Obama wins. To deny that is to deny the sky is blue or fish swim.

dumb ass.

You're a lying cocksucker. My implication was just as I stated. I pondered the question whether Akin put the state in play for Obama. The last two presidential polls out of Missouri each show a 1 point Romney lead, while he was averaging a 5 point lead prior to the Akin implosion. I'd say that's putting the state in play.

You're not only lying filth, but you're also dumber than a doorknob.

People are going out to vote for President. Not going out to vote for Senator and then happen to vote for President. Romney or Obama could help or hurt the senate race, not the other way around.

This should force Akins out.

The good news is Lefty is validating Rassmussen as the leading polling agency!

The deadline has passed. It would take a court order to remove his name from the ballot. As for Rassmussen. I still say they suck, and are biased to the right. What that means, Einstein, is that Akin is in even deeper shit.

People are going out to vote for President. Not going out to vote for Senator and then happen to vote for President. Romney or Obama could help or hurt the senate race, not the other way around.

You're right. I don't think anyone In any state is going to say, "I don't like that guy running for Senator in Missouri so I'll vote for Obama".

Forum List

Back