McCaskill Leads Akin By 10 Points

So now Rasmussen is reliable?

Are you saying it isn't? If so, why would you say such a thing?

No, I have always stood up for Rasmussen as the most reliable pollster out there. You guys are the ones constantly claiming they are biased for the GOP, but now that they have a poll showing a Democrat resurgence in this race they are now the cat's meow.

Of course, you already know all of this, so I don't know why you're wasting our time bringing it up.

I still claim they have a GOP bias. That would mean that the situation in Missouri is even worse the Republicans, than is being reported.

Don't count on it..Once this whole Todd Akin thing blows over Mitt will still be in the lead in Missouri..

It depends on how Obama plays it. It's low hanging fruit to tie Romney/Ryan to Akin's statements. It'll be cheap advertising to do so. Romney on the other hand, will have to come up with a defensive strategy, and shift money to a state that should've been in his pocket.

The defense is still a lose-lose for Romney. Does he alienate the moderates or the fringe?

Romney will win Missouri whether or not Akin wins his race.

Romney will have to devote time and money in a state he thought he had in his pocket, and all Obama needs to do is play some national ads to show how fringe Romney and Ryan are on women's reproductive rights.

It depends on how Obama plays it. It's low hanging fruit to tie Romney/Ryan to Akin's statements. It'll be cheap advertising to do so. Romney on the other hand, will have to come up with a defensive strategy, and shift money to a state that should've been in his pocket.

The defense is still a lose-lose for Romney. Does he alienate the moderates or the fringe?

Romney will have to devote time and money in a state he thought he had in his pocket, and all Obama needs to do is play some national ads to show how fringe Romney and Ryan are on women's reproductive rights.

People know Romney does not believe what Akin said. Most people are smarter than you are.

People know Romney does not believe what Akin said. Most people are smarter than you are.

It depends on what day Romney is speaking. He's come out in support of a constitutional amendment banning all abortions. With the Akin issue, people will tend to look at the more fringe statements Romney has made, and not how he decides to shake the Etch-a-Sketch today.

Ryan clearly has been a consistent supporter of zero abortions, and that certainly paints the ticket with Akin's idiocy. Couple that with the GOP platform, and it's a credible case to make on where the Republican party and their candidates actually stand on the issue.

In any case, the latest two polls out of Missouri, show that Romney's lead is now 1 point.

Here's the thing...People, right now don't give a crap about abortion...Obama still has yet to address the economy and unemployment. Since he's taken office the economy and unemployment is at it's all time high. And do you all really think the whole country cares about what happens in Missouri as far as the senate race goes? This will all blow over once Akin steps down or something else captures attention.

Last edited:
the people of Missouri won't be putting the Obama comrade (Macaskill) back in office..

HAVE FAITH

Last edited:
Romney is still up by 7 in MO.

Akin will be leaving soon....and good-bye.

Obama now needs to worry about states he thought he had locked.

Senate seats are starting to swing GOP. Once Akin is out....we'll add one more.

Are you saying it isn't? If so, why would you say such a thing?

No, I have always stood up for Rasmussen as the most reliable pollster out there. You guys are the ones constantly claiming they are biased for the GOP, but now that they have a poll showing a Democrat resurgence in this race they are now the cat's meow.

Of course, you already know all of this, so I don't know why you're wasting our time bringing it up.

I still claim they have a GOP bias. That would mean that the situation in Missouri is even worse the Republicans, than is being reported.

Romney: 49.5
Obama: 43.0

Romney +6.5 Spread

It depends on what day Romney is speaking. He's come out in support of a constitutional amendment banning all abortions. With the Akin issue, people will tend to look at the more fringe statements Romney has made, and not how he decides to shake the Etch-a-Sketch today.

One benefit of a guy having taken every possible position on an issue.

Any chance of Akin going on Sixty Minutes and discussing rape and other stuff? Any chance of Ryan going on to explain what Akin really meant? Any chance of Romney going on and explaining what Ryan meant?
I guess mums the word for now?

Could Obama now win Missouri? It's looking good.

Election 2012: Missouri Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

What a difference one TV interview can make. Embattled Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill has now jumped to a 10-point lead over her Republican challenger, Congressman Todd Akin, in Missouri’s U.S. Senate race. Most Missouri Republicans want Akin to quit the race while most Missouri Democrats want him to stay.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the Show Me State finds McCaskill earning 48% support to Akin’s 38%. Nine percent (9%) like some other candidate in the race, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

I was thinking about this the other night as Akin decided to stay in the race. While he is still potentially electable, if he falls he could put Obama into play. In the end though, I think the presidential election will see a clear cut winner, at least in the electoral college. I think most of the swing states will go one way or the other rather than being split to the point that the election is very close. Which way that is, I'm not sure yet. I still think it is Obama's to lose.

Here's the thing...People, right now don't give a crap about abortion...Obama still has yet to address the economy and unemployment. Since he's taken office the economy and unemployment is at it's all time high. And do you all really think the whole country cares about what happens in Missouri as far as the senate race goes? This will all blow over once Akin steps down or something else captures attention.

Based on polling, it doesn't look like Mitt's plan for a huge, debt financed tax cut to the rich and deregulating banks, is giving people a compelling desire to vote for him.

Based on polling, it doesn't look like Mitt's plan for a huge, debt financed tax cut to the rich and deregulating banks, is giving people a compelling desire to vote for him.

Only a guy with his head stuck up his ass would say such a thing.

Polls show a 2.6 point close in the last week alone.

This is just with people you can get at, so overall they are meaningless. But within the same sampling population it looks likes he is inspiring people.

This is just with people you can get at, so overall they are meaningless. But within the same sampling population it looks likes he is inspiring people.

Bullshit.

2012 General Election: Romney vs. Obama

I'll also add Romney's unfavorables show that people just don't like him.

Mitt Romney Favorable Rating

Bullshit.

Huffpo is worth wiping your ass with.

Go to RealClear and you'll see that on August 10th they showed a 4.2 point gap.

I just looked at it again the average shifted another .4 points for Obama. It's down to 1.0.

That is a 3.2 swing since Aug 10th.

Suck on that Dick.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Party aside.. Doesn't matter if he's REP or DEM, He's an asshole and he has to go to darker pastures.

Guys a real idiot... I hope a nice looking lady slaps him in the face and her heavy set friend knocks him out with a "left cross" lol

Bullshit.

Even pubs/pots and rw's say they don't like or trust him. But they hate having a black man in the WH a lot more than they will ever love their country.

Ryan was a huge mistake. No matter many times they say they won't take questions and refuse to say what they want to do, and no matter that they lie about and hide their tax returns, they cannot hide Ryan's voting history. That's enough to make anyone's blood run cold.

Forum List

Back