McCain: worst campaigner ever?

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
I would like your opinions on where McCain ranks on the list of worst campaigners for President in a general election. say...since 1945

No, do you even remember Bob Dole? Or Michael Dukkakis?

McCain's problem, is that he's a Republican. And Republicans have screwed this country. Their brand name is radioactive, as are their policies.

• Banned
Duke didn't respond quickly enough to the Willie Horton ad. I also remember him nonchalantly responding to the moderator about Kitty being raped and murdered. Although that was a gotcha question.
What would McCain give for a Lloyd Bentsen right now?

or even Jack Kemp.

• Banned
I think that Dukkadis photo in the tank wins the prize for him.

I forgot about that. Rove is probably the best campaigner, and he learned from Lee Atwater who made those two commercials.

I forgot about that. Rove is probably the best campaigner, and he learned from Lee Atwater who made those two commercials.

John Kennedy had a rule....NEVER be photographed with a hat or anything on your head.

Daley stole the 1960 election.

Bush stole the 2000 election.

Both were wrong.

at least you're consistent. I withdrew that post because Kennedy is untouchable to most Americans.

Daley stole the 1960 election.

I don't know where that wingnut talking point got born. But, I used to believe them too, until I actually went to look at the electoral map of the 1960 election.

Kennedy would have won anyway, whether or not he won in Illinois.

The popular vote in 1960 was close, but Kennedy won in a semi-electoral vote landslide.

I don't know where that wingnut talking point got born. But, I used to believe them too, until I actually went to look at the electoral map of the 1960 election.

Kennedy would have won anyway, whether or not he won in Illinois.

The popular vote in 1960 was close, but Kennedy won in a semi-electoral vote landslide.

Kennedy would have won without Illinois. But there was cheating going on in Chicago nonetheless. They found boxes of ballots for Nixon at the bottom of the Chicago River. JP's connections

We should get back to the topic. Who has run a worse campaign than McCain?

Kennedy would have won without Illinois. But there was cheating going on in Chicago nonetheless. They found boxes of ballots for Nixon at the bottom of the Chicago River. JP's connections

1960 was the dark ages. Millions of blacks across the south were prevented from voting. Yet white Con dudes are always crying about Daly in Chicago. Put it in perspective man!

The point is, the wingnut talking point about Kennedy stealing the election is, and always was, a lie.

Based on the electoral vote math, Kennedy would have won even without the State of Illinois.

Texas was the key. Kennedy's choice of LBJ was a master stroke of political genius.

1960 was the dark ages. Millions of blacks across the south were prevented from voting. Yet white Con dudes are always crying about Daly in Chicago. Put it in perspective man!

The point is, the wingnut talking point about Kennedy stealing the election is, and always was, a lie.

Based on the electoral vote math, Kennedy would have won even without the State of Illinois.

Texas was the key. Kennedy's choice of LBJ was a master stroke of political genius.

True.

Sort of like if Obama had chosen Hillary.

I think the reason he didn't is because of Bill.

I have already agreed he would have won without winning Illinois. He still cheated, or at least his father did. Cheating without needing to is still cheating.

IMO as presidential campaigns go, McCains campaign has been a comedy of errors, but it ranks right up there with Dukakis and Dole as well. I have thought for some time now that McCain really does not appear to even want to win the White House and is going through the motions. I find it telling that the race is even this close with the way he has run his campaign. IMO if a more competent campaigner has won the nomination on the Republican side, Obama might be finding himself in McCains place at the moment.

At this point, I wish McCain would come down with some health issue and have to resign. Then the GOP could select a new Presidential candidate. I just hope they'd choose Romney and not Huckabee.

Forum List

Back