McCain Gets Provision Put In NDAA To Steal Apache Land...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Oh boy, John McInsane is at it again. First of all, the NDAA shouldn't even exist. But now using it to steal more Native American land? Man, what the hell is happening to this country? McInsane should have been booted from Congress long ago. All Republicans should be embarrassed and ashamed to call him one of their own. I know i am.

House Approves Bill to Give Apache Lands to Foreign Corporation

On December 4th, the House passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which included a provision to transfer 2,400 acres of Apache ancestral and ceremonial lands to a foreign mining company.

Since time immemorial people have gone there. That’s part of our ancestral homeland. We’ve had dancers in that area forever – sunrise dancers – and coming-of-age ceremonies for our young girls that become women. They’ll seal that off. They’ll seal us off from the acorn grounds, and the medicinal plants in the area, and our prayer areas.”

~ Terry Rambler, chairman of the San Carlos Apache Tribe

Prior to the House vote, the House and Senate Armed Services Committee attached a provision to the NDAA that would transfer Apache ancestral lands located in the Tonto National Forest to Resolution Copper, a subsidiary of Rio Tinto an Australian-English mining company. Sen. John McCain (R- AZ) was instrumental in pushing to get the provision language included.

Apache leaders learned of the inclusion of the provision to the NDAA while attending, ironically, the White House Tribal Nations conference. Republican lawmakers have tried for years to secure the transfer of these lands, but have always run into strong opposition from the San Carlos Apache Tribe and Democratic lawmakers.

The NDAA now goes to the Senate for vote.

House Approves Bill to Give Apache Lands to Foreign Corporation Last Real Indians

Mr. Rambler, then I suggest you and your people do what you should have been forced to do a century ago..... become AMERICANS. You lost the war(s). You now have to deal with the consequences of losing. That's life.

Mr. Rambler, then I suggest you and your people do what you should have been forced to do a century ago..... become AMERICANS. You lost the war(s). You now have to deal with the consequences of losing. That's life.

Fluck McInsane and this mining company. Hopefully, the Senate will do the right thing. We'll see.

Fluck McInsane and this mining company. Hopefully, the Senate will do the right thing. We'll see.

I couldn't care any less about John McShame and his businesses. To me this is a start to removing all "indian" land inside the United States. These "indians" can either choose to become AMERICANS or they can get the hell out of this country.

I couldn't care any less about John McShame and his businesses. To me this is a start to removing all "indian" land inside the United States. These "indians" can either choose to become AMERICANS or they can get the hell out of this country.
This was their country.

A monstrous act. McCain should be ashamed of his actions on this issue. I hope the Senate acts accordingly but I have little hope.

Attaching this farce to the NDAA is just more salt in the wound. McInsane can go to hell.

Attaching this farce to the NDAA is just more salt in the wound. McInsane can go to hell.

Twice in a row you ignored the point of my post. I don't care about McShame or what this gets attached to. This land needs to come back to the USA, where it belongs.

I thought they were Americans. You know, American Indians?

Twice in a row you ignored the point of my post. I don't care about McShame or what this gets attached to. This land needs to come back to the USA, where it belongs.
lo0oks like we found a poster who is a bigger asshat than pauly...

I thought they were Americans. You know, American Indians?

They claim to be their own Nation. That's why US Law doesn't apply on the reservation. Just like every other group that considers themselves as having allegiances other than the United States (those who self-identify as Irish-Americans, aftrican-american, christian-americans, etc.....) they need to be removed from this country.

Forum List

Back