McCain Gets Provision Put In NDAA To Steal Apache Land...

You don't understand anything. This is a treaty that US is thinking of breaking.

I agree that the NDAA needs to be abolished.

I also agree that there should not be any "Indian lands" in the USA.

:thup:
Why stop there? Do you own any land? I don't think there should be any Zander lands in America.....

Get it?

I own land. The land I own is part of the USA. I am not a "sovereign nation" within the US borders. Indian Tribal land should not be special....

Get it?

Why stop there? Do you own any land? I don't think there should be any Zander lands in America.....

Get it?

I own land. The land I own is part of the USA. I am not a "sovereign nation" within the US borders. Indian Tribal land should not be special....

Get it?

the land "you own" ... did you fight and die for it or BUY it from someone else that bought it ?

you don't own jackshitte, you own a piece of paper. That's IT .

You don't understand anything. This is a treaty that US is thinking of breaking.

Get it?

Get it?

BFD. Treaties are not permanent. Reality is harsh.

Get it?

Get it?

the land "you own" ... did you fight and die for it or BUY it from someone else that bought it ?

So what? There is not one Indian alive today that "fought and died" for their land.

Oh boy, John McInsane is at it again. First of all, the NDAA shouldn't even exist. But now using it to steal more Native American land? Man, what the hell is happening to this country? McInsane should have been booted from Congress long ago. All Republicans should be embarrassed and ashamed to call him one of their own. I know i am.

House Approves Bill to Give Apache Lands to Foreign Corporation

On December 4th, the House passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which included a provision to transfer 2,400 acres of Apache ancestral and ceremonial lands to a foreign mining company.

Since time immemorial people have gone there. That’s part of our ancestral homeland. We’ve had dancers in that area forever – sunrise dancers – and coming-of-age ceremonies for our young girls that become women. They’ll seal that off. They’ll seal us off from the acorn grounds, and the medicinal plants in the area, and our prayer areas.”

~ Terry Rambler, chairman of the San Carlos Apache Tribe

Prior to the House vote, the House and Senate Armed Services Committee attached a provision to the NDAA that would transfer Apache ancestral lands located in the Tonto National Forest to Resolution Copper, a subsidiary of Rio Tinto an Australian-English mining company. Sen. John McCain (R- AZ) was instrumental in pushing to get the provision language included.

Apache leaders learned of the inclusion of the provision to the NDAA while attending, ironically, the White House Tribal Nations conference. Republican lawmakers have tried for years to secure the transfer of these lands, but have always run into strong opposition from the San Carlos Apache Tribe and Democratic lawmakers.

The NDAA now goes to the Senate for vote.

House Approves Bill to Give Apache Lands to Foreign Corporation Last Real Indians

There is no Apache ancestral lands in the Tonto National Forest it is owned and managed by the Federal Government.
The Apache reservation is next to the Tonto National Forest.

14162707.png

Last edited:

Get it?

Get it?

So what? There is not one Indian alive today that "fought and died" for their land.
There is also not one American alive today that fought & died to claim this land. Land that you & I bought a piece of. Guess that voids our purchase eh?

Get it?

Get it?
Indian Tribal lands are sovereign nations by treaties with the US Government. Treaties are law. Get it?

Just like the law? Right. If it is some rancher in Nevada that doesn't want to abide by the law, good for him. But if it's the treaty(law), between the USA and Native American's....to hell with it all.
You talk about of both sides of your mouth. Quite the hypocrite.

Get it?

Get it?

BFD. Treaties are not permanent. Reality is harsh.

Yawn....the USA breaks hundreds of treaties every year. Indians are not "special". They lost. They need to get over it.

Get it?

Get it?
Indian Tribal lands are sovereign nations by treaties with the US Government. Treaties are law. Get it?

Laws change. Get it?

Why should Indian tribes have special rights over other Americans?

Get it?

Get it?

There is also not one American alive today that fought & died to claim this land. Land that you & I bought a piece of. Guess that voids our purchase eh?

Might makes right. If the Indians won you'd have a point.......but they didn't.

Hmmm
I can't find any such bill (NDAA) being passed by the House on Dec. 4th 2014
I see a couple of one minute discussions on the floor about it that day but no bill being passed.

H.R. 687

February 14, 2013: Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake introduced S.339.

Why stop there? Do you own any land? I don't think there should be any Zander lands in America..... Get it?

I own land. The land I own is part of the USA. I am not a "sovereign nation" within the US borders. Indian Tribal land should not be special.... Get it?

The government has done it, so be it.

Let Zander negotiate land for his own nation.

The land in question is in the Tonto National Forest.

Hello?

That is not Indian land.

after further review ..

The majestic Apache Leap Cliffs—which is celebrated by Native American lore— are NOT included in the mine project. Tribal leaders should read the NEW bipartisan legislative language that’s in the lands package: the bill bans mining from impacting the Apache Leap and designates it as a Forest Service Special Management Area. All cultural protection laws are required.

more to come ...

This compromise language was the subject to months of daily negotiations with Democrat & Republican staff and was signed-off by Senate Majority Leader Reid, Senate Energy Committee Chair Mary Landrieu, Senate Indian Affairs Committee Chairman Jon Tester, Senator Lisa Murkowski, House Natural Resources Chairman Hastings, House Natural Resources Committee Ranking Member DeFazio, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, and House Minority Steny Hoyer. The original bill received hearings in the House and the Senate, passed the House Committee on Natural Resources and passed on the floor of the full House of Representatives in the 112th Congress. The bill received hearings and passed the House Committee on Natural Resources in the 113th Congress as well as the full House of Representatives.

Forum List

Back