McCain Gets Provision Put In NDAA To Steal Apache Land...

yeah, but it's still not about defense appropriations. It may be a good deal for the country. But, we have Russia moving as close to Armageddon as it's been since before Gorby, and the Middle East, and we've cut defense with sequestration, and yet we still have very serious deficit issues. McCain's doing the bidding of a for corporation to mine in his state, when that shouldn't even be in the bill.

I still say turn every SOB on the list over to the Nation ... they're all in Congress and deserve having the shit tortured out of them .. besides the Apache need some entertainment.

:badgrin:

The land in question is in the Tonto National Forest.

Hello?

That is not Indian land.
yeah I found that. Still, imo, it's pretty gutless of McLame to attach this as a rider to defense when it's failed on the merits before.

Jewell 8216 profoundly 8217 disappointed by land exchange at sacred Native American sites - The Washington Post

We have been telling many that both sides do this and especially the progressives who are in both parties.

Hello?

That is not Indian land.
yeah I found that. Still, imo, it's pretty gutless of McLame to attach this as a rider to defense when it's failed on the merits before.

Jewell 8216 profoundly 8217 disappointed by land exchange at sacred Native American sites - The Washington Post

We have been telling many that both sides do this and especially the progressives who are in both parties.
Well, in my defense the OP link wasn't helpful, and I spent about 20 mins googling to finally find out the deal. And, imo, it's probably a good deal for all concerned, but still, it ain't defense appropriations.

Hello?

That is not Indian land.

Well, in my defense the OP link wasn't helpful, and I spent about 20 mins googling to finally find out the deal. And, imo, it's probably a good deal for all concerned, but still, it ain't defense appropriations.

Indeed. If it has all this bipartisan support, why sneak it in as a rider on a defense appropriations bill?

Hello?

That is not Indian land.

Indeed. If it has all this bipartisan support, why sneak it in as a rider on a defense appropriations bill?
From what I could see, it simply wouldn't pass. The Mine company tried several times, only to be voted down. Now there's more a compromise with the Apaches, but the mining company has a bad enviro rep.

Hello?

That is not Indian land.

From what I could see, it simply wouldn't pass. The Mine company tried several times, only to be voted down. Now there's more a compromise with the Apaches, but the mining company has a bad enviro rep.

Yeah!
They need to get the rules changed that if a bill can not pass on it's own that it can not be added to any bills.

This is a "land swap", but what is being swapped?

What for what?

Before I go jumping to conclusions has anyone checked a map of the Tonto National Forest or the San Carlos First Nations rez?.

Hello?

That is not Indian land.

Why would anyone vote for a bill that only benefits one state. None of their constituents are affected by it so no gains for them.

As another poster mentioned, the environmentalists might not like it. That gives one reason to vote it down and that is likely all that it takes. Does anyone even know why this is a senate item? I don't see why this has squat to do with the feds.

Oh boy, John McInsane is at it again. First of all, the NDAA shouldn't even exist. But now using it to steal more Native American land? Man, what the hell is happening to this country? McInsane should have been booted from Congress long ago. All Republicans should be embarrassed and ashamed to call him one of their own. I know i am.

House Approves Bill to Give Apache Lands to Foreign Corporation

On December 4th, the House passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which included a provision to transfer 2,400 acres of Apache ancestral and ceremonial lands to a foreign mining company.

Since time immemorial people have gone there. That’s part of our ancestral homeland. We’ve had dancers in that area forever – sunrise dancers – and coming-of-age ceremonies for our young girls that become women. They’ll seal that off. They’ll seal us off from the acorn grounds, and the medicinal plants in the area, and our prayer areas.”

~ Terry Rambler, chairman of the San Carlos Apache Tribe

Prior to the House vote, the House and Senate Armed Services Committee attached a provision to the NDAA that would transfer Apache ancestral lands located in the Tonto National Forest to Resolution Copper, a subsidiary of Rio Tinto an Australian-English mining company. Sen. John McCain (R- AZ) was instrumental in pushing to get the provision language included.

Apache leaders learned of the inclusion of the provision to the NDAA while attending, ironically, the White House Tribal Nations conference. Republican lawmakers have tried for years to secure the transfer of these lands, but have always run into strong opposition from the San Carlos Apache Tribe and Democratic lawmakers.

The NDAA now goes to the Senate for vote.

House Approves Bill to Give Apache Lands to Foreign Corporation Last Real Indians

There is no Apache ancestral lands in the Tonto National Forest it is owned and managed by the Federal Government.
The Apache reservation is next to the Tonto National Forest.

14162707.png

Thanks for that. It appears they're trying the tried and true "My ancestors took a dump on it and so it belongs to me" claim.

:lol:

Rosebud was trying that with the Keystone. It's what First Nations do. Hey it's always worth a shot right?

I still say turn every SOB on the list over to the Nation ... they're all in Congress and deserve having the shit tortured out of them .. besides the Apache need some entertainment.

:badgrin:

How many cases of firewater will it cost to shut them up?

John McCain, the NDAA, and this, represent just how far our Nation has fallen. It's very sad.

Thanks for that. It appears they're trying the tried and true "My ancestors took a dump on it and so it belongs to me" claim.

:lol:

Rosebud was trying that with the Keystone. It's what First Nations do. Hey it's always worth a shot right?
The tactic works exceedingly well on credulous rubes like paulitician. God forbid anyone should fact check a claim made by an Indian. Only white people lie.

I smell corrupt politicians, hopefully this will get stripped out in the Senate. If McCain was taking my home and lands to hand over to some foreign mining company I'd be livid. Throw these corrupt politicians in jail.

Let me put this another way, its GOP crap like this that leads to Democrats winning elections and us getting stuck with utter morons like Obama for 8 years.

Forum List

Back