McCain cost GOP the house

Agree it SHOULD be a bipartisan thing but democrats won't budge off of Obamacare so its a nonstarter.
Why do they need to budge off Obamacare? Just make it better. The big sticking points were the mandate and covering preexisting conditions. Reps are all saying they now want to cover preexisting conditions and the mandate is now gone. So why not stop with the posturing over who gets to slap their name on it and just make it better? They can work together to lower costs and increase competition... so do it already!

Because the Republicans made it their Holy Grail to kill Obamacare, even though its popularity would go up by 20-30 points if you called it ACA instead of Obamacare.

correct.
if obammy care is so good, why is it we need to change our healthcare?

if the ACA were so bad, why are multiple states now adopting it’s major tenants and the GOP all but abandoning their resistance to Pre-existing conditions?
why were the dems running on making healthcare better?

Why do they need to budge off Obamacare? Just make it better. The big sticking points were the mandate and covering preexisting conditions. Reps are all saying they now want to cover preexisting conditions and the mandate is now gone. So why not stop with the posturing over who gets to slap their name on it and just make it better? They can work together to lower costs and increase competition... so do it already!

Because the Republicans made it their Holy Grail to kill Obamacare, even though its popularity would go up by 20-30 points if you called it ACA instead of Obamacare.

correct.

if the ACA were so bad, why are multiple states now adopting it’s major tenants and the GOP all but abandoning their resistance to Pre-existing conditions?
Because idiots believed them. They believed even though Obamacare has drove people into bankruptcy it was better than anything the GOP was offering and since the GOP didn't repeal and replace thanks to McCain the democrats had a rallying call to save healthcare.

correct.

Because idiots believed them. They believed even though Obamacare has drove people into bankruptcy it was better than anything the GOP was offering and since the GOP didn't repeal and replace thanks to McCain the democrats had a rallying call to save healthcare.
so healthcare isn't fixed and the GOP was right all along? I don't see the particular reason the dems stand out on this. this isn't logical at all.

correct.

Why are the repubs opposed?

correct.

they aren't it's what won them the house and senate. So what is it that the dems are running on then?

they aren't it's what won them the house and senate. So what is it that the dems are running on then?
The repubs won the house?

Yep took 63 seats I believe. guess what on? repeal obammycare.

How’d that work out?

How’d that work out?
It got them the house for how many years? the fact that many retired wasn't good for us. That's ok, the dems will sink their ship quickly. I love how they ran on repealling obammycare too.

How’d that work out?
It got them the house for how many years? the fact that many retired wasn't good for us. That's ok, the dems will sink their ship quickly. I love how they ran on repealling obammycare too.

Ok

The Republiturds lost the House and its everyones fault but theirs - my, how typical.

Agree it SHOULD be a bipartisan thing but democrats won't budge off of Obamacare so its a nonstarter.
Its costing people way to much....my brother goes without insurance rather than pay the high costs of Obamacare. Government run healthcare is slower,more regulated and costs more.
Obamacare isn’t government run healthcare. It is an exchange that offers private insurance at subsidized rates and sets regulations for essential standards of coverage. People still get care from private doctors and hospitals, not government run care facilities.

Only the people who qualify for subsidized rates use it. For others who don't, the costs and deductibles are unaffordable!
It’s much too expensive, I agree and we need to work on that... unaffordable for everybody who isn’t being subsidized is not a true statement. Affordability varies per person and healthcare was unaffordable for many even before the ACA

As a person who signed up for it, I can't tell you how wrong you are.

I'm not a big money guy. I'm just a local truck driver. They only had one company that covered my doctor and clinic. Their plan was $750.00 a month, 7K out of pocket, 7K deductible, no prescription or dental, and a $50.00 office copay.

That's more than my two mortgages combined. If I had that kind of loot, I would have been making double payments on my mortgages for years. At the very least, I wouldn't be driving around in a car with over 100,000 miles.

The plot was not designed so all Americans have access to affordable care. The plot was designed to repay likely Democrat voters: floor sweepers, french fry makers, hot dog vendors........

As for middle-class America, we are the ones who ended up getting screwed to the wall, because many middle-class people vote Republican.

Defeated GOP congressman blames McCain's Obamacare vote for Democrats' House takeover

He's right. Absolutely right. McCain along with RINO scum Murkowski and Collins helped democrats win the house by handing them a gift on a silver platter! 1 of those 3 is thankfully gone and thankfully we will have at least 53 seats in the senate so their little hissy fits won't hold up things we need to pass....they are useless now they can't stop jack!
That’s a pussy excuse. Republicans ran on repeal and replace and when they had the chance all they could do is repeal. They didn’t have a better plan to replace Obamacare and they were called on it. Place the responsibility where it belongs, with Republican leadership
McCain cost us the repeal and replace....blame lies on him. Course he was a secret democrat the entire time so.

No secret.

Its costing people way to much....my brother goes without insurance rather than pay the high costs of Obamacare. Government run healthcare is slower,more regulated and costs more.
Obamacare isn’t government run healthcare. It is an exchange that offers private insurance at subsidized rates and sets regulations for essential standards of coverage. People still get care from private doctors and hospitals, not government run care facilities.

Only the people who qualify for subsidized rates use it. For others who don't, the costs and deductibles are unaffordable!
It’s much too expensive, I agree and we need to work on that... unaffordable for everybody who isn’t being subsidized is not a true statement. Affordability varies per person and healthcare was unaffordable for many even before the ACA

As a person who signed up for it, I can't tell you how wrong you are.

I'm not a big money guy. I'm just a local truck driver. They only had one company that covered my doctor and clinic. Their plan was $750.00 a month, 7K out of pocket, 7K deductible, no prescription or dental, and a $50.00 office copay.

That's more than my two mortgages combined. If I had that kind of loot, I would have been making double payments on my mortgages for years. At the very least, I wouldn't be driving around in a car with over 100,000 miles.

The plot was not designed so all Americans have access to affordable care. The plot was designed to repay likely Democrat voters: floor sweepers, french fry makers, hot dog vendors........

As for middle-class America, we are the ones who ended up getting screwed to the wall, because many middle-class people vote Republican.

I'm calling bullshit ^^^^^^^^^^^

there's subsidies to be had to help you, and people like you.

typical RW boo hoo, bad Obama rhetoric.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Defeated GOP congressman blames McCain's Obamacare vote for Democrats' House takeover

He's right. Absolutely right. McCain along with RINO scum Murkowski and Collins helped democrats win the house by handing them a gift on a silver platter! 1 of those 3 is thankfully gone and thankfully we will have at least 53 seats in the senate so their little hissy fits won't hold up things we need to pass....they are useless now they can't stop jack!

This is sour grapes. The reason why Republicans lost the House is the Freedom Caucus pushed the party too far to the right. They refused to compromise and nothing got done. They are the biggest losers. The other Republicans should try to work on compromises. To hell with the Freedom caucus.

The reason the Republicans lost is two-fold: first off, it's very common for the opposition party of the President to win during midterms. Secondly, the negative media reporting on Trump is well over 90%. While that's meaningless to people who understand and follow politics, it's Gospel to those who don't.

There is no other explanation how an economy doing this great, how attitudes and confidence this strong, how all minorities are breaking records in employment could lose the house.

Forum List

Back