Maybe neither party has a message

Well, neither party has a conscience, so what message can they possibly have, other than, "I'm here to exploit you to my own ends"? The very fact that a person desires a position of power automatically disqualifies them from being suited for it. Take that to its logical conclusion and you'll arrive at the only social structure that has any chance of yielding an ideal society.

Well, neither party has a conscience, so what message can they possibly have, other than, "I'm here to exploit you to my own ends"? The very fact that a person desires a position of power automatically disqualifies them from being suited for it. Take that to its logical conclusion and you'll arrive at the only social structure that has any chance of yielding an ideal society.
Well, one of the links had comparison to the dems "happy warriors," Al Smith, Humphrey and Biden. Those guys were about widening econ opportunity for everyone, and they didn't hate the other guy.

And Reagan wouldn't have a place in the Trump WH, and neither does Romney.

Unfortunately for the dems, and really all of us, Obamacare widened the divide between those who get HC for free with Medicaid and the rest of us who have skin in the game. And the underemployed in the rust belt didn't see their lives improving.

Trump seems to be embracing protectionism, but that's not gonna help farmers.

Well, one of the links had comparison to the dems "happy warriors," Al Smith, Humphrey and Biden. Those guys were about widening econ opportunity for everyone, and they didn't hate the other guy.

Unfortunately for the dems, and really all of us, Obamacare widened the divide between those who get HC for free with Medicaid and the rest of us who have skin in the game. And the underemployed in the rust belt didn't see their lives improving.

When Obamacare was first mentioned to me, it was surreal. I could not believe that they were coercing people into purchasing a private product. The ramifications of such a notion seemed disastrous, considering how much leverage mega-corps have with the government. A slippery slope, indeed... Next thing you know, "a chicken in every pot" will mean the mandatory purchasing of one chicken per week from Perdue.

Then I realized, "Wait a minute... that's exactly what we've been coerced to do with our vehicles for my whole life!" So that slippery slope had begun long ago and was nested neatly in the blind spot of my thought process. That is the power of cultural indoctrination -- the obfuscation of reality injected into your mind before you even have your filters constructed.

I still don't have health insurance, by the way, but I wouldn't accept it anyway, even if at no cost via Obamacare. The word "free" when it's coming from government translates to "robbed from your neighbors".

When Obamacare was first mentioned to me, it was surreal. I could not believe that they were coercing people into purchasing a private product. The ramifications of such a notion seemed disastrous, considering how much leverage mega-corps have with the government. A slippery slope, indeed... Next thing you know, "a chicken in every pot" will mean the mandatory purchasing of one chicken per week from Perdue.

Then I realized, "Wait a minute... that's exactly what we've been coerced to do with our vehicles for my whole life!" So that slippery slope had begun long ago and was nested neatly in the blind spot of my thought process. That is the power of cultural indoctrination -- the obfuscation of reality injected into your mind before you even have your filters constructed.

I still don't have health insurance, by the way, but I wouldn't accept it anyway, even if at no cost via Obamacare. The word "free" when it's coming from government translates to "robbed from your neighbors".

Wow. You seem smart. Where have you been all this time. We need smart people like you around here.

I'll bet you are really rich too. You pay your medical.bills out of pocket, right? So admirable.

Democrats have had a message for years.

School lunches for poor children
Equal pay for equal work
Gun restrictions on the insane
Healthcare
Voting rights
Infrastructure
Help for the middle class and the poor
Job training
Ecucation
Veterans support
Clean air and clean water
Safety

Basically everything the GOP is against. Hey, if the GOP is FOR any of these things, let us know so we can read the policy.

Both parties treat people differently. Instead of Obamacare, the dems could have enacted tax credits for every American not suffering from a disability and not covered by private insurance, and ended Medicaid for all but those covered under the old disability programs. The problem for them would be that employers would be incentivized to cut insurance ... which would have been the goal all along: a single payer scheme in which the govt provides money for all to buy insurance, and the revenue is recaptured by taxes on people making a living selling insurance and providing the care.

The gop passes tax cuts giving equal % of income level rates reductions when that % has nothing to do with what is really paid in taxes, either in real dollars or in terms of income not going to food and shelter.

But all that's more a symptom. I gave Obama credit for a real desire to help make people's lives better in terms of basically raising wages through HC during a time when profits and the incomes of the 1% are growing ... faster than since Teddy Roosevelt. I think the GOPs move to cut corp taxes was a sincere effort to boost economic performance.

But neither party right now is putting forth a plan for people who want to achieve to have a better shot. Trump is appealing to the folks in the rust belt who live in houses inherited from their parents who worked in union jobs, who now don't pay much if any income taxes and have houses that aren't worth that much for property taxes. They don't have any incentive to move to where there are jobs. The dem primary voters want to see Stormy Daniels cut off the Oranguton's testicles live on TV.

The very fact that a person desires a position of power automatically disqualifies them from being suited for it.
Really... so then in your infinite wisdom, how else do natural born leaders get into positions of power unless they seek them?

You think followers are going to push them into those positions? Picked by lottery? Accidentally chosen? How?

Wow. You seem smart. Where have you been all this time. We need smart people like you around here.

I'll bet you are really rich too. You pay your medical.bills out of pocket, right? So admirable.

Um... no. I don't have medical bills. I was merely describing my experience. It sounds like you have some objection to something I've said, but there's no way for anyone to know what it is unless you say it.

Today's Pennsylvania Special Election is a one-off affair. The Democrats are running someone who professes not to be a Democrat, thus resulting in a confused counter-strategy from the Republicans. Read nothing at all into it. The winner will serve for a couple of months, at which time the 18th District will literally cease to exist.

Well, neither party has a conscience, so what message can they possibly have, other than, "I'm here to exploit you to my own ends"?
bingo.png

Democrats have had a message for years.

School lunches for poor children
Equal pay for equal work
Gun restrictions on the insane
Healthcare
Voting rights
Infrastructure
Help for the middle class and the poor
Job training
Ecucation
Veterans support
Clean air and clean water
Safety

Basically everything the GOP is against. Hey, if the GOP is FOR any of these things, let us know so we can read the policy.
And in 8 years you failed at near all of that. Hence, president Trump.

Honestly the only message I heard from the vast majority of the left for the last 10 years is if you are white, rich or religious we have nothing for you. You even shit on your own base by shuttering business that were decades, sometimes a century, old.
Progressives like you have destroyed a once respectable party.

If the Democrats win Congress, then I plan on running in 2020 on universal health care for everyone, and an assault weapons ban. We can't keep getting shot without medicine! I will also, 82...93 percent chance, maybe 97 percent, immunity for illegals. It's gotta happen, folks. It's gotta happen. I will also run on higher debt and more spending than I already am. I'm on track to break records with my spending, believe me. This is going to be the most spending Presidency in the history of television.

Really... so then in your infinite wisdom, how else do natural born leaders get into positions of power unless they seek them?

You think followers are going to push them into those positions? Picked by lottery? Accidentally chosen? How?

I would make a distinction between "leaders" and those wielding authoritarian power. Leaders inspire people to action. Power-wielders violently coerce them.

Leaders don't need a "position" because they do not claim authority over anyone. William Wallace was a leader; King Edward was a power-wielder.

What do republicans do when a democrat claims to hate Pelosi and runs like a republican? Was Lamb pandering to voters and lying or are young democrats determined to become republicans?

Feels like both parties are more focus on half truth spins and petty attacks against their opposition. What happened to the exploration of ideas and productive/honest debate? It’s a sad time we are in

When the people value productive/honest debate, they will insist upon leaders who engage in productive/honest debate. Much of what goes on in the public discourse could be summed up as follows:

"You break the mirror that reminds you of your ugliness" - The Gza

Forum List

Back