Massive Oil Spill "Every Plant and Tree Died"

How do "these radical environmentalist" want you do it? And why does that make any difference? People in hell want ice water...So.

You're using that as an excuse to be against everything. I say make oil production safer and the common reply is "you hate oil, crash your car you hypocrite"

Huh? You guys have to go to extremes because the middle makes sense. But you love Oil or Hate environmentalist so much you deny the middle even exists

you didn't say anything..you posted some fearmonging article from thinkprogress who is opposing the pipeline that will give people JOBS in this country, like they give a shit about that...plants and trees mean more to these radical watermelons and then expect people to give you a reasonable answers..
now maybe you should take some ice water to those people in hell..

Yes I posted an article from Thinkprogress. No you haven't shown how its fear mongering unless the "fear" you speak about is "reality". I think the earth is more important than jobs, don't you?

Isnt safer oil production a good thing? Or is that being a communist to want it?

really, the earth is more important than people? then why are you and the people at thinkprogress living on it and enjoying all it's fruits it offers and from the labor of other people living on it?

go find some deserted island and go live in a frikken cave, use your precious trees for fires and fish with your bare hands, or starve to death, who cares

their rant at thinkprogress wasn't about safer oil production..that is their way to hook you and sure enough it did

Last edited:
Yes I support collectarianism! :doubt:

Stop being stupid everyone knows what oil is and what is does unless it makes you feel better to state the obvious. And I cannot care about oil. I use it but I have no emotional attachment to the thing known as oil.

So what does oil do soooooo scary?

It is actually ( alongside with other carbon fuels) the most ecological for our planet - it comes from it.The other is nuclear power

One of the best natural products of this planet is OIL

See? How am I supposed to answer "What does oil do that is scary?" Nothing, oil exists and is not scary. Got it. Great fuel but that's not the point. You know that tho that's why you did it.

why do you hate it?

Yes I support collectarianism! :doubt:

Stop being stupid everyone knows what oil is and what is does unless it makes you feel better to state the obvious. And I cannot care about oil. I use it but I have no emotional attachment to the thing known as oil.

Again, your only goal is collectivism. Oil is merely a means to an end. People cannot be managed, groups can be managed, but people cannot. The only way to manage large numbers of people is to segregate them into groups, assigning rights and responsibilities to the group, rather than to individuals. Group A will take train 2 at 7:14. Those in group A have no other option. TSA will monitor the trains, thus the rulers will know where group A is at at any given time. But this won't work if individuals have individual transportation that they control.

Control movement, group, apply rules without exception. These are the means of ruling.

How do "these radical environmentalist" want you do it? And why does that make any difference? People in hell want ice water...So.

You're using that as an excuse to be against everything. I say make oil production safer and the common reply is "you hate oil, crash your car you hypocrite"

Huh? You guys have to go to extremes because the middle makes sense. But you love Oil or Hate environmentalist so much you deny the middle even exists

you didn't say anything..you posted some fearmonging article from thinkprogress who is opposing the pipeline that will give people JOBS in this country, like they give a shit about that...plants and trees mean more to these radical watermelons and then expect people to give you a reasonable answers..

Yes I posted an article from Thinkprogress. No you haven't shown how its fear mongering unless the "fear" you speak about is "reality". I think the earth is more important than jobs, don't you?

Isnt safer oil production a good thing? Or is that being a communist to want it?

no, real collectivism is using imminent domain to seize land to give to a transnational entity, which in turn get's to appoint overseers of the people with it's political influence.

At least that was the definition of communism when I was growing up...

really, the earth is more important than people? then why are you and the people at thinkprogress living on it and enjoying all it's fruits it offers and from the labor of other people living on it?

go find some deserted island and go live in a frikken cave, use your precious trees for fires and fish with your bare hands, or starve to death, who cares

their rant at thinkprogress wasn't about safer oil production..that is their way to hook you and sure enough it did

If we have a choice of earth vs jobs. Yeah, the earth wins unless you disagree with that.

What? I say the earth is more important than jobs and your response is leave the earth? are you TRYING to be silly here?

I noticed you deflected yet again. I think the earth is more important than jobs, don't you?

Your deflection I'll take as a concession

So what does oil do soooooo scary?

It is actually ( alongside with other carbon fuels) the most ecological for our planet - it comes from it.The other is nuclear power

One of the best natural products of this planet is OIL

See? How am I supposed to answer "What does oil do that is scary?" Nothing, oil exists and is not scary. Got it. Great fuel but that's not the point. You know that tho that's why you did it.

why do you hate it?

Hate what? It? The clown teeth were scary but I loved the movie.

images

Well,

This is a shame...We need to transition over to electric cars as fast as we can.

Not to fast to destroy our economy of course.

Matthew with all due respect do you know how most of North America gets their energy aka electricity from?

Coal fired power plants.

About ~40% as of now for coal. I'd Increase nuclear to 30%, Wind 10%, Solar 5%, Thermal 5% of the mix.

Only a few percent for oil...

I'd do away with oil for electricy and cut coal in half.
Matthew, I hate to tell you this, but if you even W H I S P E R "nuclear" in a populated state, you'll learn the true meaning of the word "dumped." The greenies won't allow it and will OWS the entire planet to death if the whisper gets any louder. If you will look at an earthquake map of North America, any state that has had a 4.0 temblor is likely to turn greenie, too. Nobody wants nuclear, no matter how reasonably priced and rational it is. Here's the areas you'd get the most sass from (plus small states who don't want the nuclear "waste" imported to their wide open spaces.)

US-FAULT-LINES.jpg

'Every Plant And Tree Died': Huge Alberta Pipeline Spill Raises Safety Questions As Keystone Decision Looms | ThinkProgress

As the Obama administration’s decision regarding whether to approve the controversial Keystone XL pipeline draws nearer, the latest disaster is raising serious concerns about the safety of Canada’s rapidly expanding pipeline network.

A massive toxic waste spill from an oil and gas operation in northern Alberta is being called one of the largest recent environmental disasters in North America. First reported on June 1, the Texas-based Apache Corp. didn’t reveal the size of the spill until June 12, which is said to cover more than 1,000 acres.

Members of the Dene Tha First Nation tribe are outraged that it took several days before they were informed that 9.5 million liters of salt and heavy-metal-laced wastewater had leaked onto wetlands they use for hunting and trapping.

“Every plant and tree died” in the area touched by the spill, said James Ahnassay, chief of the Dene Tha.

As the Globe and Mail reports, the Apache disaster is not an anomaly:

The leak follows a pair of other major spills in the region, including 800,000 litres of an oil-water mixture from Pace Oil and Gas Ltd., and nearly 3.5 million litres of oil from a pipeline run by Plains Midstream Canada.

After those accidents, the Dene Tha had asked the Energy Resources Conservation Board, Alberta’s energy regulator, to require installation of pressure and volume monitors, as well as emergency shutoff devices, on aging oil and gas infrastructure. The Apache spill has renewed calls for change.

A recent Global News investigation found that over the past 37 years, Alberta’s extensive network of pipelines has experienced 28,666 crude oil spills in total, plus another 31,453 spills of a variety of other liquids used in oil and gas production — from salt water to liquid petroleum. That averages out to two crude oil spills a day, every day.

The incident comes on the heels of accusations from the provincial New Democratic Party that Alberta Energy Minister Ken Hughes is withholding the results of an internal pipeline safety report pending the U.S. government’s decision regarding Keystone XL. The report was commissioned last summer by Alberta Energy following a series of toxic spills — including the Plains Midstream Canada spill that leached 475,000 liters of oil into the Red Deer River, a major source of drinking water for central Alberta.

Marinade on that for a sec...

"litres"!!! 800,000 litres of an oil-water mixture from Pace Oil and Gas Ltd., and nearly 3.5 million litres of oil from a pipeline run by Plains Midstream Canada.

There are 4 liters in a gallon.
This means 800,000 liters equal to 200,000 gallons.
There are 42 gallons to a barrel. 800,000 liters equal to 4,761 BARRELS!
Keystone pipeline carries 750 barrels in one mile VERSUS OIL tanker carrying 1 million barrels (168,000,000 liters) in one mile on the open ocean!
AGAIN where is the BIGGER RISK!!!

Also the 20,833 BARRELS ( 3.5 million liters) from a pipeline by Plains Midstream Canada "

An estimated 4,500 m3 (28,000 barrels) of crude oil leaked and has collected along the pipeline’s
30-metre right-of-way and spread into nearby stands of stagnant water, where it is contained!
Media Releases - Plains Midstream Canada

Read the whole story! GET FACTS rather then hysteria!
AGAIN which is the bigger risk??? 750 barrels in a mile of pipeline or 168,000,000 liters traveling one mile in a tanker on the open ocean???

FACTS are there are GREATER risks of the oil tanker!

Last edited:
no, real collectivism is using imminent domain to seize land to give to a transnational entity, which in turn get's to appoint overseers of the people with it's political influence.

At least that was the definition of communism when I was growing up...

So basically, Obamacare...

As in TransCanada.

Where is the land confiscation part of ObamaCare? :eusa_eh:

We shouldn't be polluting our own planet carelessly either. We must be careful and work on technologies that clean things up as it is us that is harmed by it.

Think about that. Would you be against cleaning up our air and water the past 60 years???

no, but not the way these radical environmentalist want us to do it...it will harm our economy and our way of living...green outside red inside with these people

you notice they all like the life that oil gives them and takes full advantage of it while they sit in their ivory towers railing against it

I as a thinker and not a feeler look at the numbers.

An oil tanker carries 168,000,000 liters in one mile on the open ocean.
Keystone will carry 750 barrels in one mile on dry land within minutes of control.

Which do you think involves not only the GREATER chance of a mishap, i.e. drunken captain on open 50 ft waves ocean in winter traveling one mile with 168,000,000 liters?
Or
A pipeline carrying 750 barrels one mile in a contained tube with 16,000 monitoring sensors (1 every 576 feet) and in 5 miles if all five miles spilled 3,750 barrels?

As in TransCanada.

The commodity confiscated on behalf of well connected looters is the health care market. Obama came in and asserted his right to hand all these markets to Kaiser and Blue Cross, using the IRS to force all to buy their product. Same principle of government using the implied force of the state to take from some, to give to cronies.

As in TransCanada.

The commodity confiscated on behalf of well connected looters is the health care market. Obama came in and asserted his right to hand all these markets to Kaiser and Blue Cross, using the IRS to force all to buy their product. Same principle of government using the implied force of the state to take from some, to give to cronies.

I don't recall actual communists setting up private health care exchanges. I do recall that they confiscated land for the sake of an international conglomerate.

You know folks this isn't complicated!
Which is the larger amount of oil and which also has a greater chance of spilling?
168,000,000 liters in an oil tanker on the open ocean with 50 ft. waves traveling one mile OR
750 barrels traveling one mile in an triple thick pipeline on dry land with monitors every 500 feet?

OK I'll make it simple. 168 million liters is more then 750 barrels.
A ship on the ocean is at greater risk in one mile then.
750 barrels traveling one mile on land!

Why is that complicated?

As in TransCanada.

I don't recall actual communists setting up private health care exchanges. I do recall that they confiscated land for the sake of an international conglomerate.

LOL,

The Communist wanted "people" to live within a communal society that worked together and shared all "worth" with all members equally within the society..You're talking about fascism.

'Every Plant And Tree Died': Huge Alberta Pipeline Spill Raises Safety Questions As Keystone Decision Looms | ThinkProgress

As the Obama administration’s decision regarding whether to approve the controversial Keystone XL pipeline draws nearer, the latest disaster is raising serious concerns about the safety of Canada’s rapidly expanding pipeline network.

A massive toxic waste spill from an oil and gas operation in northern Alberta is being called one of the largest recent environmental disasters in North America. First reported on June 1, the Texas-based Apache Corp. didn’t reveal the size of the spill until June 12, which is said to cover more than 1,000 acres.

Members of the Dene Tha First Nation tribe are outraged that it took several days before they were informed that 9.5 million liters of salt and heavy-metal-laced wastewater had leaked onto wetlands they use for hunting and trapping.

“Every plant and tree died” in the area touched by the spill, said James Ahnassay, chief of the Dene Tha.

As the Globe and Mail reports, the Apache disaster is not an anomaly:

The leak follows a pair of other major spills in the region, including 800,000 litres of an oil-water mixture from Pace Oil and Gas Ltd., and nearly 3.5 million litres of oil from a pipeline run by Plains Midstream Canada.

After those accidents, the Dene Tha had asked the Energy Resources Conservation Board, Alberta’s energy regulator, to require installation of pressure and volume monitors, as well as emergency shutoff devices, on aging oil and gas infrastructure. The Apache spill has renewed calls for change.

A recent Global News investigation found that over the past 37 years, Alberta’s extensive network of pipelines has experienced 28,666 crude oil spills in total, plus another 31,453 spills of a variety of other liquids used in oil and gas production — from salt water to liquid petroleum. That averages out to two crude oil spills a day, every day.

The incident comes on the heels of accusations from the provincial New Democratic Party that Alberta Energy Minister Ken Hughes is withholding the results of an internal pipeline safety report pending the U.S. government’s decision regarding Keystone XL. The report was commissioned last summer by Alberta Energy following a series of toxic spills — including the Plains Midstream Canada spill that leached 475,000 liters of oil into the Red Deer River, a major source of drinking water for central Alberta.

Marinade on that for a sec...

That's awful!
Less than 2 square miles.
We must immediately shut down our energy intensive economies, just to be safe.

Ok so the oil spill isn't bad because:

Its' from Think Progress
They used liters instead of barrels

Anything else? Is it photoshopped? Did some lefties throw oil around for a photo op? Come on keep bringing the stupid

Just like you spilling paint in your yard is 'bad'.... just as a tractor trailer turning over and leaking is 'bad', though that would spill more 'oil' than was spilled here...

This is a winger site making a mountain out of a molehill yet again.. because of their winger agenda.... and you spout it off because of your similar winger agenda

So it is bad? But not that bad and the trees are exaggerating?

How many trees are we talking about here? Fer chissakes... How many trees burned in wildfires last week. As with the cycle of life, the trees will return.

here we go, the biggest radical environmentalist is the President..and he is going to use another of his agencies to hurt our economy and the people in this country

SNIP:

Obama making plans to tackle global warming
Associated PressBy DINA CAPPIELLO and JOSH LEDERMAN | Associated Press – 18 mins ago..

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is planning a major push using executive powers to tackle the pollution blamed for global warming in an effort to make good on promises he made at the start of his second term. "We know we have to do more — and we will do more," Obama said Wednesday in Berlin.

Obama's senior energy and climate adviser, Heather Zichal, said the plan would boost energy efficiency of appliances and buildings, expand renewable energy and use the Environmental Protection Agency's authority under the Clean Air Act to regulate heat-trapping pollution from coal-fired power plants.
Zichal, speaking at a forum hosted by The New Republic in Washington, said that none of the proposals would require new funding or action from Congress. It has shown no appetite for legislation that would put a price on carbon dioxide after a White House-backed bill to set up a market-based system died in Obama's first term with Democrats in charge.

The plan, with details expected to be revealed in coming weeks, comes as Obama has been under increasing pressure from environmental groups and lawmakers from states harmed by Superstorm Sandy to cut pollution from existing power plants, the largest source of climate-altering gases. Several major environmental groups and states have threatened to sue the administration to force cuts to power plant emissions. And just last week, former Vice President Al Gore, a prominent climate activist and fellow Democrat, pointedly called on Obama to go beyond "great words" to "great actions."

It was unclear whether the White House's plans would include controls on existing power plants. An administration official, who wasn't authorized to comment on the plan by name, said the White House was still weighing it. But since the administration has already proposed action on future power plants, the law would likely compel it to eventually tackle the remaining plants, or it would be forced to through litigation.
all of it here
Obama making plans to tackle global warming

Last edited:

Forum List

Back