Enter Generation HOPELESS--America's Lost Generation

BlackFlag10

College Conservative
Jun 1, 2012
This is a really long post, but one of the best articles I have ever read.

If you want to know what is wrong with this country, you need to read this.

"Many have come to label my generation, those between the ages of about 13 and 25, as Generation Jobless. With fewer and fewer total jobs to be had, jobs that traditionally have been held by younger, more inexperienced workers are going to other people. Ten years ago, 25% of fast food jobs went to teenagers. Now, only 16% do."

Enter Generation Hopeless--America's Lost Generation -

"Many have come to label my generation, those between the ages of about 13 and 25, as Generation Jobless. With fewer and fewer total jobs to be had, jobs that traditionally have been held by younger, more inexperienced workers are going to other people. Ten years ago, 25% of fast food jobs went to teenagers. Now, only 16% do."

Before the country can solve any problems, there has to be some consensus as to what the problems are. We can't even get to that point.

Oh, we all agree that America has evolved into a low-wage and high-unemployment economic system. We argue over the causes, though. I would only say that we should look at data to see when that began; the policies in place at that point in time (1980) should give us an indication of what we did wrong.

We refuse to invest. That's devastating. Educational investment is declining; infrastructure continues to decay; real wages continue to decline; over 70% of American workers are considered as "disconnected."

Before the country can solve any problems, there has to be some consensus as to what the problems are. We can't even get to that point.

Oh, we all agree that America has evolved into a low-wage and high-unemployment economic system. We argue over the causes, though. I would only say that we should look at data to see when that began; the policies in place at that point in time (1980) should give us an indication of what we did wrong.

We refuse to invest. That's devastating. Educational investment is declining; infrastructure continues to decay; real wages continue to decline; over 70% of American workers are considered as "disconnected."
1980 huh? So, you blame Jimmy Carter? Seems a bit short sighted of you. I'm thinking that you really aren't a person who is worth more than a reply or two, I just used one of them.

1980 huh? So, you blame Jimmy Carter? Seems a bit short sighted of you. I'm thinking that you really aren't a person who is worth more than a reply or two, I just used one of them.

Actually, I was referring to the beginning of Reagan's "supply side economics" (aka "voodoo economics"), but that's alright.

Actually, I was referring to the beginning of Reagan's "supply side economics" (aka "voodoo economics"), but that's alright.

Funny, I remember Reagan employing more people than Obama did.

Forum List

Back