Massive Oil Spill "Every Plant and Tree Died"

This is why wind, solar, wave, and thermal are far more environmentally friendly. You don't spill shit into the environment with these resources....

Wow, you've never looked at what the mess the byproducts of producing solar panels, and windmill composites have been doing to the Chinese people have you? Do a simple google search about it... The results will truly surprise you.

Yes! I hate oil! You figured it out. I hate oil, oil sheen, oil paintings all of it.

You support collectivist totalitarianism.

Oil is the means of mobility for individuals. Oil along with the automobile was the great enabler of individual mobility, allowing the commoner the ability to go where they please, when they please, with no permission from or oversight by the rulers. As long as a person can jump in a car and go where they want, then they cannot be controlled.

The left doesn't care about oil, the left cares about controlling people, deciding who goes where, when, and why. Subvert the individual to the collective is the root of everything done by the left.

The right doesn't try to control people. How about the anti abortion crowd? Even after Roe vs. Wade, they don't give up.

Ok so the oil spill isn't bad because:

Its' from Think Progress
They used liters instead of barrels

Anything else? Is it photoshopped? Did some lefties throw oil around for a photo op? Come on keep bringing the stupid

It isn't bad because you can take ALL of the oil spills from the world over made by the various oil companies and they havn't killed as many birds as your little windmills have in a single year, and they havn't polluted anywhere NEAR what your environmentalist mandated MTBE fuel addative laws did to the state of California and all of the water wells that have been contaminated by that substance...all in the name of cleaning the air.

See how that works? Green energy has killed more birds than every oil spill in HISTORY, in a single year, and you have contaminated more water wells than all of the oil spills EVER, all in a period of 10 years.

Congrats you guys are WORSE for the world than Big Oil.

Hows that make you feel?

This is why wind, solar, wave, and thermal are far more environmentally friendly. You don't spill shit into the environment with these resources....

Bullshit. Windmills kill more birds in a single year than every oil spill......ever.

Wake up dude.

Yes! I hate oil! You figured it out. I hate oil, oil sheen, oil paintings all of it.

Oil is the means of mobility for individuals. Oil along with the automobile was the great enabler of individual mobility, allowing the commoner the ability to go where they please, when they please, with no permission from or oversight by the rulers. As long as a person can jump in a car and go where they want, then they cannot be controlled.

The left doesn't care about oil, the left cares about controlling people, deciding who goes where, when, and why. Subvert the individual to the collective is the root of everything done by the left.

The right doesn't try to control people. How about the anti abortion crowd? Even after Roe vs. Wade, they don't give up.

they don't want to control you abortion cultist ...who cares if you off all your offspring..but you people don't mind trying to control the people's second amendment rights and who gets oil or not

Last edited:

Bullshit. Windmills kill more birds in a single year than every oil spill......ever.

Wake up dude.

Many enviros are against wind farms. whoopsies. ETA: the wind farms kill bats as well.

111768033.jpg

Last edited:

Wake up dude.

Many enviros are against wind farms.

I now classify them as CONSERVATIONISTS. THEY care about the environment. Environmentalists care about politics and the control of people. A HUGE difference.

control is actually imposing abortion without any restriction to anyone, on any term without any diisrgard to the age - that is total control, even if you do not understand it

Wake up dude.

I now classify them as CONSERVATIONISTS. THEY care about the environment. Environmentalists care about politics and the control of people. A HUGE difference.

I've got scales of people as well. :lol:

I've been a conservationist all my life. I'm meaning enviros as in not quite conservationists yet but running from their former state of enviro whacko.

:eusa_angel:

This gentleman is the real deal. Not sure if you know of him. His article is worth the read when you have the time.

He's got serious creds.

Wind farms vs wildlife
Posted on 01/03/2013 by windaction

The shocking environmental cost of renewable energy

And from part of the article:

I’m a lecturer in biological and human sciences at Oxford university.

I trained as a zoologist, I’ve worked as an environmental consultant — conducting impact assessments on projects like the Folkestone-to-London rail link — and I now teach ecology and conservation.

Though I started out neutral on renewable energy, I’ve since seen the havoc wreaked on wildlife by wind power, hydro power, biofuels and tidal barrages.

The environmentalists who support such projects do so for ideological reasons.

What few of them have in their heads, though, is the consolation of science.

My speciality is species extinction.

When I was a child, my father used to tell me about all the animals he’d seen growing up in Kent — the grass snakes, the lime hawk moths — and what shocked me when we went looking for them was how few there were left.

Species extinction is a serious issue: around the world we’re losing up to 40 a day.

Yet environmentalists are urging us to adopt technologies that are hastening this process.

Among the most destructive of these is wind power.

Wind farms vs wildlife | Ontario Wind Resistance

Again same nonsense that everyone was told about the gulf spill, Alaska pipeline, etc...have you visited the gulf lately? Have you talked to the people living there? Misinformation and gilded reporting in the further promotion of preconceived agendas paints a picture that fails to resemble the truth. I guess thats what extremists do best, spew BS.

OK, asshole, instead of lying flap-yap, here is the reality;

EXXON VALDEZ OIL SPILL: Ten Years Later

STATE OF THE SOUND

Toxic effects linger.

To the naked eye, Prince William Sound may appear “normal.” But if you look beneath the surface, oil continues to contaminate beaches, national parks, and designated wilderness. In fact, the Office of Technology Assessment estimated beach cleanup and oil skinning only recovered 3-4% of the Exxon Valdez oil and studies by government scientists estimated that only 14% of the oil was removed during cleanup operations.[15]

A decade later, the ecosystem still suffers. Substantial contamination of mussel beds persists and this remarkably unweathered oil is a continuing source of toxic hydrocarbons.[16] Sea otters, river otters, Barrow’s goldeneyes, and harlequin ducks have showed evidence of continued hydrocarbon exposure in the past few years.[17]

The depressed population of Pacific herring – a critical source of food for over 40 predators including seabirds, harbor seals and Steller sea lions – is having severe impacts up the food chain. Wildlife population declines continue for harbor seal, killer whales, harlequin ducks, common loon, pigeon guillemot, and pelagic, red-faced cormorant, and double-crested cormorants.

Exxon-funded scientists have repeatedly dismissed evidence of on-going effects to wildlife from the massive 1989 oil spill by claiming that oil seeps contribute a bigger background source of hydrocarbons in bottom sediments in Prince William Sound.[18] Yet, they dismiss coal as a possible source due to ignoring location of known deposits and other factors about its “fingerprint.” A new study by the National Marine Fisheries Service concluded that the source is coal, and that coal hydrocarbons are not chemically available to impact wildlife.[19]

Oil is more toxic than thought.

Even before the spill, scientists knew that a drop of oil could kill a bird’s egg. But after studying the impact of the Valdez spill, they now believe oil pollution is at least 100 times more toxic to fish than previously known. It is also more persistent.

In Katmai National Park wilderness, oil remained along the rocky coast with only slight weathering compared to freshly spilled oil after more than 5 years. Chemically, it was like 11-day old Exxon Valdez crude, with high concentrations of toxic polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH’s).[20] In the past, it was presumed that wave action would have rapidly removed oil in such areas. Future releases of toxic oil can still affect wildlife.

New studies by the National Marine Fisheries Service show that even very low levels of weathered Exxon Valdez oil (0.5 to 1 part per billion PAH’s) are toxic at the early life stages of salmon and herring.[21] This data on toxicity to salmon eggs shows that current Alaska water quality standards allow hydrocarbon levels that can impair reproduction.

Exxon Valdez spill resulted in profound physiological effects to fish and wildlife. These included reproductive failure, genetic damage, curved spines, lowered growth and body weights, altered feeding habits, reduced egg volume, liver damage, eye tumors, and debilitating brain lesions.

Gulf spill harmed small fish, studies indicate | Environment | Science News

November 19, 2012

Enlarge
TROUBLED WATERS

Killifish embryos exposed in the lab to sediment retrieved from oil-tainted coastal regions developed with some major deformities (top panel), including a malformed, elongated heart (arrow) and edema (star). Exposure to untainted sediments resulted in normal development of the heart cavity (bottom).

Benjamin Dubansky/LSU

LONG BEACH, Calif. — Two years after BP’s Deepwater Horizon well blowout, laboratory studies are finally offering clues to the spilled oil’s impact on sea life. Brief, very low exposures to oil were capable of killing many fish embryos and hatchlings, new studies show. Those that survived often exhibited major deformities that would diminish an animal’s fitness.

Affected species ranged from the young of large open-ocean denizens, such as tuna, to minnow-sized coastal homebodies — the tiny fish that serve as lunch for everyone bigger. Researchers shared their findings in mid-November during a symposium at the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry’s annual meeting.

Among oil constituents that most threaten sea life are polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, or PAHs. Through a process known as weathering, lighter-weight chemicals evaporate off of fresh oil, rendering what’s left progressively heavier and sludgy. New chemical analyses show that weathering reduces oil’s propensity to shed PAHs into water, finds Damian Shea of North Carolina State University in Raleigh. The bottom line, he concludes: Weathering reduces oil toxicity.

“But in our hands, weathered oil is more toxic,” said Andrew Esbaugh, a fish physiologist at the University of Texas at Austin’s Marine Science Institute who directly tested the effects of weathered oil on fish. Along with a broad team of researchers from several universities and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in Seattle, he compared the relative toxicity of weathered oil to fresh BP oil in newly hatched, lab-reared Gulf cobia and mahi mahi

Again same nonsense that everyone was told about the gulf spill, Alaska pipeline, etc...have you visited the gulf lately? Have you talked to the people living there? Misinformation and gilded reporting in the further promotion of preconceived agendas paints a picture that fails to resemble the truth. I guess thats what extremists do best, spew BS.

STATE OF THE SOUND

Toxic effects linger.

To the naked eye, Prince William Sound may appear “normal.” But if you look beneath the surface, oil continues to contaminate beaches, national parks, and designated wilderness. In fact, the Office of Technology Assessment estimated beach cleanup and oil skinning only recovered 3-4% of the Exxon Valdez oil and studies by government scientists estimated that only 14% of the oil was removed during cleanup operations.[15]

A decade later, the ecosystem still suffers. Substantial contamination of mussel beds persists and this remarkably unweathered oil is a continuing source of toxic hydrocarbons.[16] Sea otters, river otters, Barrow’s goldeneyes, and harlequin ducks have showed evidence of continued hydrocarbon exposure in the past few years.[17]

The depressed population of Pacific herring – a critical source of food for over 40 predators including seabirds, harbor seals and Steller sea lions – is having severe impacts up the food chain. Wildlife population declines continue for harbor seal, killer whales, harlequin ducks, common loon, pigeon guillemot, and pelagic, red-faced cormorant, and double-crested cormorants.

Exxon-funded scientists have repeatedly dismissed evidence of on-going effects to wildlife from the massive 1989 oil spill by claiming that oil seeps contribute a bigger background source of hydrocarbons in bottom sediments in Prince William Sound.[18] Yet, they dismiss coal as a possible source due to ignoring location of known deposits and other factors about its “fingerprint.” A new study by the National Marine Fisheries Service concluded that the source is coal, and that coal hydrocarbons are not chemically available to impact wildlife.[19]

Even before the spill, scientists knew that a drop of oil could kill a bird’s egg. But after studying the impact of the Valdez spill, they now believe oil pollution is at least 100 times more toxic to fish than previously known. It is also more persistent.

In Katmai National Park wilderness, oil remained along the rocky coast with only slight weathering compared to freshly spilled oil after more than 5 years. Chemically, it was like 11-day old Exxon Valdez crude, with high concentrations of toxic polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH’s).[20] In the past, it was presumed that wave action would have rapidly removed oil in such areas. Future releases of toxic oil can still affect wildlife.

New studies by the National Marine Fisheries Service show that even very low levels of weathered Exxon Valdez oil (0.5 to 1 part per billion PAH’s) are toxic at the early life stages of salmon and herring.[21] This data on toxicity to salmon eggs shows that current Alaska water quality standards allow hydrocarbon levels that can impair reproduction.

Exxon Valdez spill resulted in profound physiological effects to fish and wildlife. These included reproductive failure, genetic damage, curved spines, lowered growth and body weights, altered feeding habits, reduced egg volume, liver damage, eye tumors, and debilitating brain lesions.

bullshit...
I've been fishing at Valdez since the oil spill and the fishing is great and it's back to it's beautiful self...as for all the scary stuff they say could happen, that can happen with anything spilled into water

Last edited:
Now I have no problem getting to back to basics. I could do it again.

My husband and I went primitive for a number of years on our farm in southern Ontario.

We pumped our own water, heated with wood and ran with kerosene lanterns and candles. Been there, done it and got the t shirt.

But for the rest of you who always bitch whine and moan about fossil fuels, what are you prepared to do?

Is your computer right now running on solar or wind? If not and you are using electricity from a coal or natural gas powered hydro plant I don't think you have any right to bitch.

Are you using an electric or natural gas stove to cook on? If not, I don't think you have any right to bitch.

Are you using a wood stove to heat your house? Are you pumping your own water?

Are you only listening to battery powered radios for your sources of information and entertainment?

I don't think you have any right to bitch.

Sorries.

Get off the grid. Then you have the right to bitch.

My husband and I went primitive for a number of years on our farm in southern Ontario.

We pumped our own water, heated with wood and ran with kerosene lanterns and candles. Been there, done it and got the t shirt.

But for the rest of you who always bitch whine and moan about fossil fuels, what are you prepared to do?

Is your computer right now running on solar or wind? If not and you are using electricity from a coal or natural gas powered hydro plant I don't think you have any right to bitch.

Are you using an electric or natural gas stove to cook on? If not, I don't think you have any right to bitch.

Are you only listening to battery powered radios for your sources of information and entertainment?

Sorries.

Bravo TD

They better hope they don't get what their wishing for cause they might just get it

Not many can say they did what you did.

It's fun for about a month, then reality rears its ugly head!

So, what would be a reasonable amount to spill in your back yard?

Considering I dont have a major oil production facility near my backyard any amount quite frankly would be a bit of a puzzle. I didnt see the article where oil facilities each come with Transporters or Portals.

You mean like... pipelines?

Yes, pipelines can leak, but with modern monitoring equipment it can be quickly caught, and keystone would be a brand spanking new pipeline with all the trimmings.

I live by a gas station and probably get more gas vapors in a week from that place then someone by the pipeline will get in a year.

Sorries.

Bravo TD

They better hope they don't get what their wishing for cause they might just get it

We did it for almost 3 years. I'll tell ya, I've always been into water conservation on many levels, but when you pump for bathing, toilet, dishes, laundry, you get positively religious about never wasting any water.

:)

I learned to do a stir fry in a fireplace and roast a turkey on a camp stove; it really was ok.

The most fun was Friday nights with an oldie station on dancing to tunes in front of the fireplace by candlelight with the dogs watching us from the couches.

I love having all the amenities I have again now (like turning on a tap) but I also loved the simplicity of life back then.

I've got scales of people as well. :lol:

I've been a conservationist all my life. I'm meaning enviros as in not quite conservationists yet but running from their former state of enviro whacko.

:eusa_angel:

This gentleman is the real deal. Not sure if you know of him. His article is worth the read when you have the time.

He's got serious creds.

Wind farms vs wildlife
Posted on 01/03/2013 by windaction

The shocking environmental cost of renewable energy

And from part of the article:

I’m a lecturer in biological and human sciences at Oxford university.

I trained as a zoologist, I’ve worked as an environmental consultant — conducting impact assessments on projects like the Folkestone-to-London rail link — and I now teach ecology and conservation.

Though I started out neutral on renewable energy, I’ve since seen the havoc wreaked on wildlife by wind power, hydro power, biofuels and tidal barrages.

The environmentalists who support such projects do so for ideological reasons.

What few of them have in their heads, though, is the consolation of science.

My speciality is species extinction.

When I was a child, my father used to tell me about all the animals he’d seen growing up in Kent — the grass snakes, the lime hawk moths — and what shocked me when we went looking for them was how few there were left.

Species extinction is a serious issue: around the world we’re losing up to 40 a day.

Yet environmentalists are urging us to adopt technologies that are hastening this process.

Among the most destructive of these is wind power.

Wind farms vs wildlife | Ontario Wind Resistance

Excellent article and confirms my fears that the slaughter is even greater than originally thought. This is a huge issue, I had no idea that the windfarms were driving species to extinction so fast.

STATE OF THE SOUND

Toxic effects linger.

Read the article above moron.

Sorries.

Bravo TD

We did it for almost 3 years. I'll tell ya, I've always been into water conservation on many levels, but when you pump for bathing, toilet, dishes, laundry, you get positively religious about never wasting any water.

:)

I learned to do a stir fry in a fireplace and roast a turkey on a camp stove; it really was ok.

The most fun was Friday nights with an oldie station on dancing to tunes in front of the fireplace by candlelight with the dogs watching us from the couches.

I love having all the amenities I have again now (like turning on a tap) but I also loved the simplicity of life back then.

We can go off grid in a second and do fine. We have a water wheel and solar to do most of the hard work and then my aching back takes over!

Forum List

Back