Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

Yeah, no shit. Get him the fuck outta that nut house. So.... is mental retardation now a prerequisite for a teaching certificate? Good God.

My ex is a teacher... so the qualifications on sanity, civility, and common sense have to be low

Hmmm.....so, you're saying that you have to find an 'insane', 'uncivil', and stoopid woman in order to get married........:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

did everyone miss that he told the teacher he drew HIMSELF and not jesus????

Has all common sense gone out of the window? It is NOT uncommon for 2nd graders to see themselves in things they've just observed. Especially things endorsed by their parents. Take a second grader to a spider man movie, he gets home and pretends he spider man.

Geez.......

Not blaming you chanel, but it AMAZES ME how all these people just jump right in and say it's "Christian Bashing" and that "Damn Liberal Teacher" et al,,, when it was something by LAW the teacher had to turn in because it COULD BE a sign of abuse.

So with a possible sign of abuse you send the kid home? That would be an interesting protocol.

Expel the kid and piss off the parent. Brilliant!

If they thought it was a sign of abuse, they would have taken the kid to the office and done the mandatory reporter thing. Which means you call child welfare. The kid doesn't go home.

They fucked up somewhere. If it was reported because it was a sign of abuse, CW would be involved. They screwed up if it was abuse. You don't call the parent and refer the child for a psych eval. You REPORT IT TO THE AUTHORITIES.

This is a universal thing with schools in the US. They think that they are the ultimate authorities. They aren't, the fucking nimrods.

I see you've never heard of 'loco parentis'......

In our district, pics of guns and other "disturbing" images should be reported. There was nothing disturbing about this pic. I think it was nice that he was thinking of Jesus at Christmas. The teacher should have used her discretion and common sense.

"Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross."
So it now appears that this isn't even the picture which started the controvery, however a kid drawing a pic of himself crucified on a cross with his eyes x-ed out is a bit disturbing to me. Maybe Christians are so used to looking at Christ on a cross that they become inured to it, but I find it horrifying.

In our district, pics of guns and other "disturbing" images should be reported. There was nothing disturbing about this pic. I think it was nice that he was thinking of Jesus at Christmas. The teacher should have used her discretion and common sense.

"Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross."
So it now appears that this isn't even the picture which started the controvery, however a kid drawing a pic of himself crucified on a cross with his eyes x-ed out is a bit disturbing to me. Maybe Christians are so used to looking at Christ on a cross that they become inured to it, but I find it horrifying.

I'm not thrilled about it either, it's a Catholic thing and I'm not, however, I'm not rushing to judgment because some kid draws a picture of Christ and says it's himself during the Christmas holidays. As was pointed out, the kid sees a spider man movie, he imagines himself as spiderman...Christ is a better role model than any superhero I know.

The kid did not deserve to be sent home because of the drawing....

He had just visited a shrine that had a Christmas Display. Here's the "violent image".

e2d916_crucifix12152009.jpg

yep...that looks like a black guy especially the long straight hair....:rofl:...very racist...who raised that little guy!!!!....:rofl:

I didn't read that. That's a different story. Maybe the teacher had seen other warning signs as well.

Not blaming you chanel, but it AMAZES ME how all these people just jump right in and say it's "Christian Bashing" and that "Damn Liberal Teacher" et al,,, when it was something by LAW the teacher had to turn in because it COULD BE a sign of abuse.
:clap2:

The sad thing is that this kid might possibly be trying to reach out for help in the non verbal way some kids do. But the Crusaders against the War on Christmas could care less. Whining about how they are persecuted is the only thing that matters to them.

I didn't read that. That's a different story. Maybe the teacher had seen other warning signs as well.

You mean kinda like the teacher(Kevin Jennings) who knew one of his MINOR male students was being screwed in the ass by a 40 year old man?.....that kinda sign?

:clap2:

The sad thing is that this kid might possibly be trying to reach out for help in the non verbal way some kids do. But the Crusaders against the War on Christmas could care less. Whining about how they are persecuted is the only thing that matters to them.

Did you miss the part about the kid seeing a psychiatrist and the psychiatrist said there was nothing wrong???

The sad thing is that kids who are really being abused are being missed because they are focusing on things like this.....

You mean kinda like the teacher(Kevin Jennings) who knew one of his MINOR male students was being screwed in the ass by a 40 year old man?.....that kinda sign?

:eusa_whistle:

TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) - An 8-year-old boy was sent home from school and ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation after he was asked to make a Christmas drawing and came up with what appeared to be a stick figure of Jesus on a cross, the child's father said Tuesday.

Chester Johnson told WBZ-TV that his son made the drawing on Dec. 2 after his second-grade teacher asked children to sketch something that reminded them of the holiday.

Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross. Johnson, who is black, told WBZ he suspects racism is involved. He said he thinks the school overreacted and wants an apology.

Johnson told the Taunton Daily Gazette, which first reported the story on Tuesday, that his son gets specialized reading and speech instruction and has never been violent in school.

An educational consultant working with the Johnson family said the teacher was also alarmed when the boy drew Xs for Jesus' eyes.

Mass. 2nd-grader sent home for crucifix drawing

A second grader drew a picture of himself being executed?

That's a pretty disturbed kid

Oh Jesus Christ (no pun intended)

Are you fucking kidding me?? If the kid is Catholic, it is probably an image he sees about as often as pictures of Uncle Bob and Aunt Millie

What if he drew a picture of a black man hanging from a tree?

No wonder crucifixes aren't allowed in schools anymore. Just think about all the psychiatrists they'd have to hire. Lol

It was mentioned that boy had "special needs" That could mean a lot of things but chances are that he had a full psychiatric eval not too long ago.

What if the kid had drawn this?

Impaled.gif

or this?

lynch1.gif

or

electric-chair_~cp_electricchair.jpg

or

watermark.html

did everyone miss that he told the teacher he drew HIMSELF and not jesus????

They did miss that.

Because they're fucking stupid and they jumped to conclusions before reading the story.

Like most other news stories, we are only hearing one side. My gut reaction is that the teacher over-reacted or perhaps her "diversity training" didn't prepare her for a pic of Christ on a cross. But I follow a lot of teacher news and unfortunately there is usually a gag order. She may have a completely different tale. We are forbidden to talk about ANYTHING to the press and have also been warned about anonynous message boards.

Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross.

fail

Forum List

Back