Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

Oh Jesus Christ (no pun intended)

Are you fucking kidding me?? If the kid is Catholic, it is probably an image he sees about as often as pictures of Uncle Bob and Aunt Millie

he told the teacher it was a drawing of himself. common sign of abuse

Send him to a different school. Honestly (an no offense to the few teachers here who aren't retards) but are there any professionals in the education community with a single iota of common sense?

Exactly. This teacher should be strongly reprimanded and forced to undergo counseling.

she did the right thing. he said it was of himself not jesus

TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) - An 8-year-old boy was sent home from school and ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation after he was asked to make a Christmas drawing and came up with what appeared to be a stick figure of Jesus on a cross, the child's father said Tuesday.

Chester Johnson told WBZ-TV that his son made the drawing on Dec. 2 after his second-grade teacher asked children to sketch something that reminded them of the holiday.

Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross. Johnson, who is black, told WBZ he suspects racism is involved. He said he thinks the school overreacted and wants an apology.

Johnson told the Taunton Daily Gazette, which first reported the story on Tuesday, that his son gets specialized reading and speech instruction and has never been violent in school.

An educational consultant working with the Johnson family said the teacher was also alarmed when the boy drew Xs for Jesus' eyes.

Mass. 2nd-grader sent home for crucifix drawing

And they say our public schools don't have it out for Christians......

TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) - An 8-year-old boy was sent home from school and ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation after he was asked to make a Christmas drawing and came up with what appeared to be a stick figure of Jesus on a cross, the child's father said Tuesday.

Chester Johnson told WBZ-TV that his son made the drawing on Dec. 2 after his second-grade teacher asked children to sketch something that reminded them of the holiday.

Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross. Johnson, who is black, told WBZ he suspects racism is involved. He said he thinks the school overreacted and wants an apology.

Johnson told the Taunton Daily Gazette, which first reported the story on Tuesday, that his son gets specialized reading and speech instruction and has never been violent in school.

An educational consultant working with the Johnson family said the teacher was also alarmed when the boy drew Xs for Jesus' eyes.

Mass. 2nd-grader sent home for crucifix drawing

BTW, does anyone think this is racism by the school?

nope, I think it's just more Christian bashing....

I didn't read that. That's a different story. Maybe the teacher had seen other warning signs as well.

Not blaming you chanel, but it AMAZES ME how all these people just jump right in and say it's "Christian Bashing" and that "Damn Liberal Teacher" et al,,, when it was something by LAW the teacher had to turn in because it COULD BE a sign of abuse.

It's a 7 year old .....they have active imaginations.

I'd chalk this one up to over reaction by the teacher......

and if you were the teacher and it was found out later you would be fired

But can you be 100% sure of that Zander?

Have YOU ever had a child tell you her brother not only touched her in her "private parts" but her younger sister and her baby sister too? Or a little 8 year old girl tell you her "poopy place" is bleeding from 'step dad' last night?

Never assume anything. Adults can be evil sick bastards.

I didn't read that. That's a different story. Maybe the teacher had seen other warning signs as well.

Not blaming you chanel, but it AMAZES ME how all these people just jump right in and say it's "Christian Bashing" and that "Damn Liberal Teacher" et al,,, when it was something by LAW the teacher had to turn in because it COULD BE a sign of abuse.

I'd say the law needs to be either changed or at least reexamined:

The boy was cleared to return to school on Dec. 7 after the evaluation found nothing to indicate that he posed a threat to himself or others. But his father said the boy was traumatized by the incident and the school district has approved the family's request to have the child transferred to another school.

"They owe my family an apology and the kid an apology and they need to work with my son (to) the best of their ability to get him back to where he was before all this happened," Johnson told New England Cable News.

Have YOU ever had a child tell you her brother not only touched her in her "private parts" but her younger sister and her baby sister too? Or a little 8 year old girl tell you her "poopy place" is bleeding from 'step dad' last night?

Now that you mention it, the father sounds like a world class asshole at the very least. Why would any parent inform the media that their child was potentially unstable?

Now that you mention it, the father sounds like a world class asshole at the very least. Why would any parent inform the media that their child was potentially unstable?

keeps the heat off him.

he told the teacher it was a drawing of himself. common sign of abuse
Children drawing themselves as Christ is a common sign of abuse?
OR is it drawing them dead?
Either way what excuse is that for suspending the child?
Suspension = more time at home with suspected abuse.
Sorry but the logic of that chain escapes me.

Forum List

Back